Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Hardly 20 pages, two days before an All-Ireland final. Says it all really. Not sure if I'll even tune in myself

Halfquarter

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 30, 2019, 08:29:23 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 30, 2019, 03:35:31 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 30, 2019, 02:03:45 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 30, 2019, 01:28:29 PM
Going to sign off for the weekend. Win Lose or draw for the Dubs, they will always be the greatest of them all. Only begrudgers would say different.

Safe travel to the Kerry fans.

The Kerry team 75-86 are the best with 8 titles including a 3 in a row and a 4 in a row! Just! But this will be surpassed by this team.

Really hoping Dublin do it. The future of the Game depends on it!

True... they really need this AI

The long term future of the game depends on it - Seriously!

Yes, it's a awful pity that they slipped up in 2010 in Leinster , 15 Leinster titles in a row would look good on their cv also.
Only a begrudger wouldn't be delighted for them !

highorlow

The 9/2 on offer for half time full time Kerry / Dublin looks a good bet.

Killarney was a disaster for us. We tried to play a kick pass game that day and failed. Horan went conservative against Dublin (don't blame him) after that. Possession was obviously the mantra.

If Kerry can share possession and play a kicking game into their inside forwards in the first half they could build a lead.

Whatever happens after that is up in the air.

Wouldn't rule out a draw.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Cunny Funt

I see Peter Canavan who has been pretty spot on all summer has predicted Dublin to win on Sunday by a double figures margin.

Low and Hard

Did everyone who wanted tickets get sorted? Would like 2 if anyone knows of any going?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 30, 2019, 09:43:49 PM
I see Peter Cavanagh who has been pretty spot on all summer has predicted Dublin to win on Sunday by a double figures margin.

Who?

balladmaker

I see Peter Canavan who has been pretty spot on all summer has predicted Dublin to win on Sunday by a double figures margin.

I've a feeling that Dublin could give Kerry an awful hammering, not just to seal the 5 in a row, but to inflict a mental scar on the Kingdom that wouldn't be forgotten for a generation or two.  A 10 - 15 point margin could be on the cards.  But hey, I'd love to be wrong.

Ball Hopper

Didn't know if you meant Sean Cavanagh or Peter Canavan first go round.  Peter is a pretty good analyst alright.

seafoid

Quote from: balladmaker on August 31, 2019, 01:21:36 AM

I've a feeling that Dublin could give Kerry an awful hammering, not just to seal the 5 in a row, but to inflict a mental scar on the Kingdom that wouldn't be forgotten for a generation or two.  A 10 - 15 point margin could be on the cards.  But hey, I'd love to be wrong.

A hammering would be the surest path to 6 and beyond
A lot of football is psychological

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

t_mac

Quote from: seafoid on August 31, 2019, 07:37:39 AM

A hammering would be the surest path to 6 and beyond
A lot of football is psychological

Agree for a decade and more every team in Armagh shit themselves when they saw the Crossmaglen Jersey.

tonto1888

When have Dublin hammered anyone in an AI final by anywhere near that amount

tyrone08

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 31, 2019, 11:09:29 AM

When have dublin faced a team with such a poor defensive is the more important question. Sure a "defensive" tyrone score 18 points against kerry and it should have been a lot more.

t_mac

Had they not pulled up they would have done last year.

The Hill is Blue

1977 v Armagh
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

The Hill is Blue

DUBLIN (SF v Kerry)
1 Stephen Cluxton Parnell's
2 David Byrne Naomh Olaf
3 Jonny Cooper Na Fianna
4 Michael Fitzsimons Cuala
5 Jack McCaffrey Clontarf
6 James McCarthy Ballymun Kickhams
7 John Small Ballymun Kickhams
8 Brian Fenton Raheny
9 Michael Darragh Macauley Ballyboden St Enda's
10 Niall Scully Templeogue Synge Street
11 Con O'Callaghan Cuala
12 Brian Howard Raheny
13 Paul Mannion Kilmacud Crokes
14 Dean Rock Ballymun Kickhams
15 CiarĂ¡n Kilkenny Castleknock

So the big day is almost here! It's been a long year.

Kerry will be formidable opponents and to predict a result you might as well toss a coin. We'll go in hope.

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

COYBIB