Getting an Irish Passport

Started by pullhard, May 28, 2014, 10:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I have one that was dispatched last Thursday & isn't here yet , does it normally take as long ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Quote from: Minder on May 31, 2018, 11:08:16 PM
I have one that was dispatched last Thursday & isn't here yet , does it normally take as long ?

Not sure on that one Minder, was it a renewal or brand new?

Anyone got any idea of the turn around time for them at the minute?

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on June 01, 2018, 09:17:00 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 31, 2018, 11:08:16 PM

Not sure on that one Minder, was it a renewal or brand new?

Anyone got any idea of the turn around time for them at the minute?

Renewal for a child, did 3 at the same time and got the other two separately over the last couple of weeks. I did mine in middle of April, estimated dispatch was 15 May, the other two that arrived  where slightly outside that

An Watcher

I think it depends on the situation.  I was applying for a first passport for my 7 month old and they received our application on the 13th of April.  Apparently it's on its way to us now.  What's that, 7 weeks so far

WeeDonns

Got my Son's recently & was 8 days after the estimated date - 2 days after it said on the online tracker that it had been dispatched
Edit - this was for a first time passport

Minder

Anyone any experience of contacting An Post from the North? One of my kids passports was dispatched on 24/5/18 and still isn't here. There doesent seem to be a northern friendly number on their website

The Bearded One

Use the online chat to start a conversation and my experience is that someone will then ring you.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Minder

Anyone know what the process is for a passport that has been lost by An Post/Royal Mail? Seems that's the case now. Was dispatched from Passport Office on 24 May and was never received in Mallusk.

Do you have to start from scratch ?