Updated Disciplinary System

Started by CD, November 05, 2013, 01:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Thoughts, comments, rants!

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/0411132129-football-rule-changes/

Cynical Behaviour Fouls
1. Deliberately pull down an opponent.
2. Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
3. Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.

There is a very fine line at times between Deliberate and Accidental - the referee's job is going to become even more difficult - this will undoubtedly lead to  -

4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
5. Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.

Can a Black Card be shown twice to a player in one incident? or will a red card be issued?

Plenty of work for the CCCC particularly as yellows and blacks can now culminate in a suspension. There's going to be plenty of controversy this season.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on November 05, 2013, 01:03:00 PM

Thoughts, comments, rants!

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/0411132129-football-rule-changes/

Cynical Behaviour Fouls
1. Deliberately pull down an opponent.
2. Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
3. Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.

There is a very fine line at times between Deliberate and Accidental - the referee's job is going to become even more difficult - this will undoubtedly lead to  -

4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
5. Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.

Can a Black Card be shown twice to a player in one incident? or will a red card be issued?

Plenty of work for the CCCC particularly as yellows and blacks can now culminate in a suspension. There's going to be plenty of controversy this season.

This is going to be mental to sort as a referee, we've a meeting next week on the issue surrounding the black cards. Job hard enough without all that crap.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CD

You have my sympathies! I've even been the protagonist in tackles that I would find hard to define as either deliberate or accidental. The game is so quick and you go flying into things instinctively - every decision you guys make is going to analysed and appealed.

Under Lights

I am not sure that this can be carried out at the lowest form of Gaelic games. Take Division 3 reserves in Tyrone. A lot of teams are fielding 13 a side these days due to the lack of numbers. In this league a black card is basically a red card as there are no subs to bring on. Senior teams will have to hold a few men off the reserve team in case someone picks up a black early on.

I would imagine this will kill lower forms of reserve football in Tyrone.

Zulu

I'd also imagine referees will so a bit of common sense at lower levels, if there are no subs I think most refs will be a bit slower to issue black cards. Lets give this a chance, a proper one, before we go slating it. As I said when it was introduced, I wouldn't have gone with a black card I would have gone with a sin bin. But there can be no doubt that some of the things going on are ruining football so something had to be done and now that this has been chosen I'm willing to give it a go.

muppet

Quote from: Under Lights on November 05, 2013, 04:39:24 PM
I am not sure that this can be carried out at the lowest form of Gaelic games. Take Division 3 reserves in Tyrone. A lot of teams are fielding 13 a side these days due to the lack of numbers. In this league a black card is basically a red card as there are no subs to bring on. Senior teams will have to hold a few men off the reserve team in case someone picks up a black early on.

That's an interesting point alright.

Some of those lads would rather player at the next level, rather than sit watching and this will have an effect down the road too.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Lads its coming in at all levels ffs. I'll need a sec to keep count. Trust me the first black card will be followed by another and so on, teams will need plenty subs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CD

Quote from: muppet on November 05, 2013, 05:53:31 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on November 05, 2013, 04:39:24 PM

That's an interesting point alright.

Some of those lads would rather player at the next level, rather than sit watching and this will have an effect down the road too.

That's it - after a 6 year sabbatical, I'm coming out of retirement to supplement our reserves next season! They're going to need every body they can get, no matter how creaky! My wife's gonna love this!

theticklemister

Milltown is there an official referee's notebook/pad released yet to we get a look at the layout?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theticklemister on November 05, 2013, 07:53:39 PM
Milltown is there an official referee's notebook/pad released yet to we get a look at the layout?

Not yet, as far as I know. Will know a lot more next week

muppet

I think it will come to this pretty quickly:

MWWSI 2017

theticklemister

Quote from: muppet on November 05, 2013, 08:10:12 PM
I think it will come to this pretty quickly:

I take it Knobhead is Paudraig Hughes

SkillfulBill

Question on the black card system for the men in black.

If a player is already on a yellow card and subsequently commits a clear black card offence I.e. deliberately trips an opponent do you issue the black card and have the player replaced or do you issue a second yellow and send them off as previous.

If you do the latter will it be subject to an appeal if the same player has already been double yellowed in the season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SkillfulBill on November 06, 2013, 10:38:16 AM
Question on the black card system for the men in black.

If a player is already on a yellow card and subsequently commits a clear black card offence I.e. deliberately trips an opponent do you issue the black card and have the player replaced or do you issue a second yellow and send them off as previous.

If you do the latter will it be subject to an appeal if the same player has already been double yellowed in the season.

If he pulled him down I'd have thought that was a yellow card, to answer it though it's a minefield, players getting you'd have thought a yellow card was a black card (bar the blocking off a player)

Hardy

Quote from: Zulu on November 05, 2013, 04:45:36 PM
I'd also imagine referees will so a bit of common sense at lower levels,

Oh God.