American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

The Pats are playing great at the minute but it will be hard to keep this level up until the Superbowl, peaked too early? Also Moss has not exactly excelled in the playoffs to date.

Oraisteach

Hey, Stew,

How come you're so taken with Boston?  Thought you were in Wisconsin.

BTW, the Buckeyes handed it to the Badgers yesterday.

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 04, 2007, 04:38:44 PM
Hey, Stew,

How come you're so taken with Boston?  Thought you were in Wisconsin.

BTW, the Buckeyes handed it to the Badgers yesterday.

I am but when I got married we emigrated and lived in Salem, Mass for a couple of years until i got sick and had to go home. I saw the great celtic team play, Bird, McHale, The Chief, DJ and Danny Ainge, what a privilige that was.

The packers dont impress me much but I like to see them win, the daughter loves the pack.

as for the Buckeyes, they didnt do much until halfway through the third quarter and injuries killed the badgers. I would be a badgers fan and love the basketball team but with my kid going to Milwaukee in all likelyhood I will have to switch allegiances and become a UWM fan. :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thejuice

Record 109 yard touchdown run, San Diego on a Short Field Goal. Ridiculous catch at the back of the End Zone. 14-14 vs Vikings. Damn good game. Adrian Peterson is fantastic. Hope he's on your fantasy team. Vikes QB Jackson out of the game with concussion. Went in hard on a scramble instead of sliding.

In other news the Irish American Football League is hoping to have 12 fully kitted teams competing next season. compared to last years nine. Game is growing and growing in Ireland. Get into it!!

www.irish-american-football.org

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

SammyG

Hell of a start, only 3 points in the first quarter but both teams are knocking lumps out of each other.

stew

The officials are fecking this game up! they are homers, that call on the pats was a disgrace, the pass inteference one, it only cost them three points but in a game like tis that could be the difference maker.

These two teams are probably the best two teams ever to meet in the regular season. Amazing.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magickingdom

bad call there, having said that the colts defence are all over brady... some game

Puckoon

DrinkingHarp

Patriots will win this game.

Wes Walker is a better addition to the team then Moss.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

deiseach

Been keeping tabs on this one on Yahoo(!). The detail on those game trackers on American websites is incredible.

Galwaybhoy

Nick Halling predicts the Pats to go 19-0.

Whats wrong with the Broncos this year, 3-5 and got a right hammering against the Lions... :o

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: deiseach on November 05, 2007, 12:10:48 AM
Been keeping tabs on this one on Yahoo(!). The detail on those game trackers on American websites is incredible.

Noticed that on the NFL website.  Shows every little detail of every play on every drive.

Anyone watching Cowboys/Eagles now?  Cowboys lead 14-7 and have just got the ball back, McNabb throws an interception.

Bod Mor

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 05, 2007, 02:33:42 AM
Quote from: deiseach on November 05, 2007, 12:10:48 AM

Noticed that on the NFL website.  Shows every little detail of every play on every drive.

Anyone watching Cowboys/Eagles now?  Cowboys lead 14-7 and have just got the ball back, McNabb throws an interception.

Ya I watched it play-by-play on nfl.com as well. Eagles don't look at all good this year, I wonder did the Andy Reid fiasco affect them that much?

Just watched the highlights of Adrian Peterson against the chargers, he is unreal. What a draft pick by the Vikings. He's guaranteed Offensive rookie of the year already.

Good to see the Falcons back to winning ways but Leftwich is badly needed instead of Harrington.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Puckoon

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 05, 2007, 02:28:23 AM
Nick Halling predicts the Pats to go 19-0.

Whats wrong with the Broncos this year, 3-5 and got a right hammering against the Lions... :o

Whats wrong with the lions!!! :o

thejuice

Lions are playing great, happy for them, they're no longer the whipping boys of the NFL. Packers won again too. Brett Farve, Superbowl, Final Year??????

Anyone else notice the cold handshake Tony Dungy got from Bill Bellichick after the game. I think after he got fined for cheating he's got pissed off and is wrecking revenge on the league, ie running up late scores. But still dont know what he'd have against Dungy, he seems a reasonable guy.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016