Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

clowry13

what do you make of McKay from Burren in middle of the park? Big Man with some great skill, excellent fielder of the ball

OgraAnDun

Quote from: clowry13 on January 15, 2016, 01:36:13 PM
what do you make of McKay from Burren in middle of the park? Big Man with some great skill, excellent fielder of the ball

Didn't see him against St Mary's but against Fermanagh I thought he was good. Didn't stand out particularly but didn't do much wrong and was a decent outlet in midfield. Hopefully some county experience will bring him on.

Gaffer

Agree but thought O'sullivan had a great game for Down and deserved MOM for his incisive balls into the half forward line. McGovern showed up well too but I think that Benny when he comes back should inject a bit of thrust into the half back line.  A big  role for him but if he can produce the form he showed in 2010 I don't think Down will be too far away come September!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

guevara

Am I the only one who thinks it would be better to move on without the likes of Benny? Anyone who watched The Bridge in Div 1 last Season will realise he wouldn't even have been in their top 3 players. Done very little in any of the games I seen & when it came down to it in The Championship looked to struggle.

A fantastic servant to Down GAA but his best days look behind him unless Burns has an impact role lined up for him. Certainly doesn't hold the fear for defenders he once did.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Highlander3

Quote from: Gaffer on January 17, 2016, 07:20:48 AM

Agree but thought O'sullivan had a great game for Down and deserved MOM for his incisive balls into the half forward line. McGovern showed up well too but I think that Benny when he comes back should inject a bit of thrust into the half back line.  A big  role for him but if he can produce the form he showed in 2010 I don't think Down will be too far away come September!

Who is O'Sullivan?

NP 76

In fairness to Burns he gave all the new lads plenty of game time during the Mc kenna cup. Some of them took  their  chance more than others but you more than likely will find we will still be relying on the old hands to come back in to steady the ship. I think a massive problem is the keeper. He is a super shot stopper but his kick ours are a real problem. He takes far too long to kick out and it's just straight down the middle to a midfield section who didn't make one clean catch in the two games I was at in Newry. In fairness to Burns you can see he is trying to kick the ball in early although they seem to just want to kick it all the time even if there is a sweeper. It will take time but it looks like it's going to be a long year

Gaffer

Quote from: Highlander3 on January 17, 2016, 12:24:52 PM

Who is O'Sullivan?

James, Burren I think !

Line Ball

Quote from: Gaffer on January 17, 2016, 03:27:30 PM

Who is O'Sullivan?

James, Burren I think !

There is no Burren player called O'Sullivan never mind a Down footballer. You must be thinking of someone else.

Samforever

Quote from: Line Ball on January 17, 2016, 03:36:55 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on January 17, 2016, 03:27:30 PM

Who is O'Sullivan?

James, Burren I think !

There is no Burren player called O'Sullivan never mind a Down footballer. You must be thinking of someone else.
Given the time of the post and references to Benny and September I imagine the Gaffer is taking the proverbial here

Leftmidfield

Yeah methinks you're right. O'sullivan, Benny in half back and not being too far away in September all add up to a p*sst*k*

Gaffer

Jaysus, youse haven't much faith in your team!

Leftmidfield

Now we know for sure its a p*ssta*e

PAULD123

Quote from: guevara on January 17, 2016, 12:08:19 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it would be better to move on without the likes of Benny? Anyone who watched The Bridge in Div 1 last Season will realise he wouldn't even have been in their top 3 players. Done very little in any of the games I seen & when it came down to it in The Championship looked to struggle.

A fantastic servant to Down GAA but his best days look behind him unless Burns has an impact role lined up for him. Certainly doesn't hold the fear for defenders he once did.

Che, I'd be fairly confident he is talking about Benny McArdle not Benny Coulter.

Leftmidfield

Che, I'd be fairly confident he is talking about Benny McArdle not Benny Coulter.

He is surely talking about Benny Coulter as he states 'if he returns to the form he was in in 2010'