Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cut the crap

There's me thinking I was an ejit , I'm not blaming Sean og for anything yet, but he may be in the firing line at a later date if the fortunes of my county doesn't improve.
I must however say that Bannside should really keep his opinions about Down football to himself, unless of course he has something constructive and positive to say, but that of course would be dependant on his knowledge of football in general and given where he lives that knowledge may be somewhat limited, so Bannside rant on about your own county , and leave us Down people to sort out our own problems.

Line Ball

Quote from: bannside on January 21, 2016, 10:19:47 PM
Go ahead the two of you and play the man not the subject. You haven't got the players at the minute (maybe they will return in the future) to lace the boots of previous generations but despite that you want to blame the county secretary. Tom fools.

Get real. You are a mile off the Down teams of the past. At least we are realistic about where we stand at the minute...not living in cloud cuckoo land like you pair of edjits!

Rant over and out.

Come back in 20 years when you have sorted out the shite in your own County.

Line Ball

Quote from: bannside on January 21, 2016, 11:00:04 PM
I must say however that one should takes ones somewhat limited knowledge of the game and push along.

Gladly old chap.

Are there any more pricks with something to add before I take my leave and let you sort out your own mess.

Glass houses and rest my lado. Jog on back to your own problems.

Lecale Gael

Quote from: rosskarr on January 21, 2016, 12:08:51 PM
Quote from: Lecale Gael on January 21, 2016, 10:57:12 AM
Down need to push ahead with new blood and renewed focus. seems to be nostalgia and flogging of dead horses is the Down blueprint. that is worrying
So we're not allowed to celebrate and remember the success of our past players?Wise up

who said you weren't allowed to ya dick
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

rosskarr

Quote from: Lecale Gael on January 22, 2016, 12:42:09 AM
Quote from: rosskarr on January 21, 2016, 12:08:51 PM
Quote from: Lecale Gael on January 21, 2016, 10:57:12 AM
Down need to push ahead with new blood and renewed focus. seems to be nostalgia and flogging of dead horses is the Down blueprint. that is worrying
So we're not allowed to celebrate and remember the success of our past players?Wise up

who said you weren't allowed to ya dick
Lovely post.

Down Follower

Great to see a bit of passion ;-)

wobbller

Just looking at the McKenna Cup panel and the game time some of them got.There'll be a few disappointed aspiring County players when everyone comes back in from the colleges and the seasoned veterans who may or may not come back.

supersub

No different from any other year then!!

wobbller

Quote from: supersub on January 22, 2016, 09:57:51 PM
No different from any other year then!!
And our Club championship and leagues will take place in June and July without any interference from county activity.

cut the crap

Hopefully there will be no starred games, and those teams that finish top of their respective leagues are declared the winners and those that finish bottom are relegated. Let's get away from the absurd notion that a team finishing third can ultimately be declared champions after a play of and such games are played under lights in October.

thewobbler

Quote from: cut the crap on January 23, 2016, 09:39:39 AM
Hopefully there will be no starred games, and those teams that finish top of their respective leagues are declared the winners and those that finish bottom are relegated. Let's get away from the absurd notion that a team finishing third can ultimately be declared champions after a play of and such games are played under lights in October.
Lol

There is genuinely only one problem with the starred system, being that it has been around so long now that twits like you have absolutely no idea/recollection of all the problems it solved.

SamFever

Quote from: thewobbler on January 23, 2016, 11:08:27 AM
Quote from: cut the crap on January 23, 2016, 09:39:39 AM
Lol

There is genuinely only one problem with the starred system, being that it has been around so long now that twits like you have absolutely no idea/recollection of all the problems it solved.
While definetly agreeing with you that cut the crap is a twit-what problems has the starred system solved?

Line Ball

The starred system was introduced in the 90's when we were competing for Ulsters and All Ireland's to ensure that the leagues continued without county players playing for their clubs. We now have a limited chance of our county being involved at this level and this has been the same for some years now. I'm not sure what good this starred system has done myself but has it really done club football that much good?

cut the crap

So do you want the starred system to remain along with the play offs, which like you say tried to solve the problems of the nineties when we were winning titles, wakey wakey , we are winning nothing , the only purpose the current system serves is to provide more revenue for the county treasurer .Reverting back to winner takes all and the loser gets relegated wouldn't be a bad thing.However certain South Down clubs maybe in favour of keeping the current system for their own reasons, would they care to share them?

Gaffer

Boys, get over to the McKenna Cup thread

The aul Derry /Tyrone twisting starting up again! Hasn't been like this since the mid 99s!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"