New Managers 2020

Started by Blow-in, November 04, 2019, 11:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobbyBoucherJr

Quote from: The PRO on January 21, 2020, 12:06:29 PM
I'm hearing John Sugrue will manage Portlaoise this year as soon as his Kerry under 20 term ends.
Not true apparently,hope I'm wrong though

Kingdom37

Quote from: The PRO on January 21, 2020, 12:06:29 PM
I'm hearing John Sugrue will manage Portlaoise this year as soon as his Kerry under 20 term ends.

Heard Peter O'Leary O'Dempseys was taking the Portlaoise job. Seems to be expert about football looking at his social media accounts.

SCFC

Kevin Fitzpatrick to manage Portlaoise senior football team.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: SCFC on February 28, 2020, 10:38:10 PM
Kevin Fitzpatrick to manage Portlaoise senior football team.
The correct call from Portlaoise, a great appointment.

Ogie

Senior Hurling Management Teams 2020 -

Rathdowney Errill - John Delaney, Enda Meagher, Niall Delaney

Borris Kilcotton - Ciaran Comerford, Trevor Moore, Eoin Bergin

Camross - Tommy Delaney, Damien Keenan, Fran Hogan

Clough Ballacolla - Declan Laffan (Loughmore, Tipperary) 

Castletown - Martin Carey (Young Irelands, Kilkenny)

Abbeyleix - Lorcan Mahoney

Ballinakill - Jimmy Walsh

Rosenallis - Brian Troy (Lusmagh, Offaly )

merman

Ballinakill and Borris/Kilcotton have brilliant management teams.

Ogie

Who is with Jimmy Walsh in Ballinakill Merman? I know BK have an S&C in as well not sure of his name,
Clough Ballacolla also have an S&C guy on board

merman

Quote from: Ogie on March 04, 2020, 03:28:15 PM
Who is with Jimmy Walsh in Ballinakill Merman? I know BK have an S&C in as well not sure of his name,
Clough Ballacolla also have an S&C guy on board

Eamon Jackman and Seamus Dwyer are assisting Walsh, as far as I know anyway.

I think Camross have an excellent team too actually; they'll be 'fun' to watch on the sideline this year.

It's brilliant to see so many internal management teams. Expenses saved can be directed into facilities or resources that should yield long-term benefits.

Ogie

Yes good to see clubs trusting and going for their own young coaches, who are interested in progression like Borris Kilcotton, Ballinakill, RE, etc
Camross gone old school alright, hopefully we won't be discussing them here for adverse reasons later in year!

Keyser Söze

That has basically been the Ballinakill management team for the last 10 years!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laoisred

Quote from: merman on March 04, 2020, 02:49:10 PM
Ballinakill and Borris/Kilcotton have brilliant management teams.

Not fully up to date with all those names listed, just wondering what have those management teams won?

Ogie

Have not heard of many changes yet for 2021, presume Clough Ballacolla and Borris Kilcotton are remaining with their management teams, I see on FB today where Rathdowney Errill have made an interesting appointment with soccer coach Shane Keegan taking over with Kevin 'rebel' Power from Johnstown as his coach
I believe Ballinakill have a new man in place also, the rest staying the same, except for Camross, no white smoke leaked from the mountain yet ?