Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOVEGAA

Quote from: TheGiantSquid on November 07, 2018, 09:20:23 PM
A lot of Camross players found out over the weekend,
Dean Delaney -  non existent
Tomas Burke - Nothing
Collier midfield - passenger
and even Joe Phelan - looked poor for a county corner back.

Seemed reluctant to go short with puckouts even though NE had dropped very deep, best performers were Zane and big Lorcan Burke wing back. .. How Conor McDonald was left 1v1 in 20 yards of space for 40 mins is anyones guess.

The reality is that in the county final if they didn't adopt dirty tactics there were in trouble and they knew it.

I still think if the incident hadn't happened R/E would have beaten them

SCFC

Good to see The Harps winning the under 19 last night. Are they on their own?  i.e. no players from other clubs? Hope they can keep them all hurling.

BallyroanAbu

Ciaran Burke is Crettyard

TheGiantSquid

BA Can I ask why the two Comerfords dont kick football with ballyroan, such wasted talent in Junior Football.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: TheGiantSquid on December 02, 2018, 05:37:38 PM
BA Can I ask why the two Comerfords dont kick football with ballyroan, such wasted talent in Junior Football.
Very good question, I was thinking of that myself .

Target Man

Id imagine because they are registered with a dual club which provides football for them. Not sure on what basis they would play for Ballyroan Abbey

Don Draper

The fock?

BallyroanAbu

Because the Harps play Junior Football, never played with us at juvenile and as far as I know are happy hurling.

TheGiantSquid

I was just wondering if they could transfer over. Rathneska and Colt also have football teams I think but Ballyroan benefits from their players. Ballyroan has always been known as the "Hurlers" football team and much of their sucess was always built on getting in good footballers from hurling areas. Just a thought anyways....

Jd

Maybe the comerfords want to stay and play with their home club. Why should a good footballer automatically be in line for a transfer just cos a bigger club is nearby.  What does that say to the hurling clubs.  Thanks lads for developing players but we'll take it from here. Should Robert Tyrell   transfer from Camross even though they were very strong in the junior this year, maybe any good annanough player should have went to Stradbally  this year as they were junior,  or Courtwood players 4 or 5 years ago when they were junior could have gone up to O Dempseys.........  Ballyroan (and I'm not suggesting that they have even looked at the Comerfords )  have enough to be developing of their own without needing a few lads from outside clubs too. A junior win with your own is worth more than a senior with a club you have no real affiliation with in my opinion.  If the harps got a few more good footballers through then they  would be a good junior sidearm capable of winning a junior A

Don Draper

Quote from: Jd on December 03, 2018, 09:54:44 AM
Maybe the comerfords want to stay and play with their home club. Why should a good footballer automatically be in line for a transfer just cos a bigger club is nearby.  What does that say to the hurling clubs.  Thanks lads for developing players but we'll take it from here. Should Robert Tyrell   transfer from Camross even though they were very strong in the junior this year, maybe any good annanough player should have went to Stradbally  this year as they were junior,  or Courtwood players 4 or 5 years ago when they were junior could have gone up to O Dempseys.........  Ballyroan (and I'm not suggesting that they have even looked at the Comerfords )  have enough to be developing of their own without needing a few lads from outside clubs too. A junior win with your own is worth more than a senior with a club you have no real affiliation with in my opinion.  If the harps got a few more good footballers through then they  would be a good junior sidearm capable of winning a junior A
Didnt Tyrell put in for a transfer to Portlaoise this year? He chose to start on the line for Ballyfin Gael instead of Camross last year.

Jd

Absolutely  and he didn't  get his transfer.  Instead he had a very good year with Camross  in the junior  this year.  Would you prefer  if he had gone to Portlaoise  and maybe be a sub on their team or remain with his home club and possibly  lead them to a league or championship win at whatever  level.  If the top players go then football dies in traditionally hurling areas and thus no young fellas are gonna come through.

SCFC

Séamus Harnedy plays junior club hurling. If it's good enough for him...

blueandwhite1

Quote from: SCFC on December 03, 2018, 02:29:28 PM

You might have picked a better example. Yes, he plays junior hurling for St. Ita's but he also plays senior hurling with his divisional club, Imokilly. They won the county final in Cork this year. It is a great example of a structure where the best players in each area are given the opportunity to play senior. We need this in Laois too and the amalgamations provide this opportunity.

SCFC

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on December 03, 2018, 03:19:03 PM
Quote from: SCFC on December 03, 2018, 02:29:28 PM

You might have picked a better example. Yes, he plays junior hurling for St. Ita's but he also plays senior hurling with his divisional club, Imokilly. They won the county final in Cork this year. It is a great example of a structure where the best players in each area are given the opportunity to play senior. We need this in Laois too and the amalgamations provide this opportunity.
Absolutely agree. However the squid lad was suggesting that the Comerford lads should just transfer to Ballyroan.