Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Started by G@@, March 03, 2020, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix.

Quote from: Ogie on January 07, 2021, 04:28:52 PM
Obviously not confirmed officially, but what I've heard is that Senior hurling S&C coach is former Olympian & Cork Coach Dave Matthews
Hurling Coaching team of Galways Francis Forde, Limerick/Corks Munster winning coach Donnach O Donnell & Kilkenny's All Ireland winning goalkeeper/Wexford coach PJ Ryan

Seriously impressive set up if all correct & true.

Step in the right direction if true.All very well established coaching experience and great expertise, Forde being highly regarded in Galway with coach of 2017 all Ireland winning team. Hopefully we have our best talent in there from across the county.
Best of luck to them! It'll be interesting what Laois people in for selector roles aswell.

Keyser Söze

Cha, Scully & Sugrue all involved too apparently. No surprise but Cheddar certainly knows how to pull out all of the stops.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

blueandwhite1

Great to see Cha and Scully back. Could do with a few more backs in also (Leigh Bergin?).

Who is Sugrue?

clonadmad

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on January 11, 2021, 11:15:15 AM
Great to see Cha and Scully back. Could do with a few more backs in also (Leigh Bergin?).

Who is Sugrue?

John Sugrue

Portlaoise based Physiotherapist and Ex Laois Football manager.

Some around here might have heard of him

Cummins supposed to be involved as goalkeeping coach also

That would be Brendan Cummins Sunday game panelist and Ex Tipperary Hurling goalkeeper

redsetanta

Cummins must be a very good coach as he's always in demand however his TV work always seems to come first. Wasn't he in a studio when his team were playing the final last month?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

marty34

Quote from: redsetanta on January 11, 2021, 12:20:30 PM
Cummins must be a very good coach as he's always in demand however his TV work always seems to come first. Wasn't he in a studio when his team were playing the final last month?

Did he leave Kerry?

blueandwhite1

Quote from: clonadmad on January 11, 2021, 11:37:39 AM
Quote from: blueandwhite1 on January 11, 2021, 11:15:15 AM

Who is Sugrue?

John Sugrue

Portlaoise based Physiotherapist and Ex Laois Football manager.

Some around here might have heard of him

Cummins supposed to be involved as goalkeeping coach also

That would be Brendan Cummins Sunday game panelist and Ex Tipperary Hurling goalkeeper

Wow, great to have John Sugrue involved. Would have thought that if it was 'that' Sugrue that he might have found himself back in the football world.

Keyser Söze

Cummins seems to move around a lot, and invariably prioritises TV work. I'd prefer to see someone else in there if it's possible

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 11, 2021, 05:01:37 PM
Cummins seems to move around a lot, and invariably prioritises TV work. I'd prefer to see someone else in there if it's possible

How much work does Enda Rowland need though?

Few hours with Cummins a week will more than polish him,Enda's in the top 3/4 keepers in the country as it is

I would have liked to have seen a Committed goalkeeping coach come in and work with all the Keepers in the county from development squads up to Senior sub keepers,but you can't have everything.

It's a much neglected area.

But the names being mentioned as part of cheddars backroom squad are impressive as it is

Particularly interested to see Franny Forde involved,excellent coach

Himself and Noel Larkin will be looking for another stab at Galway senior management at some point even if Geoff Lynskey is the heir apparent

Laoisred

Not sure I'd be as optimistic as some are on a few of the names for the backroom that are being bandied about, Fran Forde excepted. Hard to see two keepers working together either if both PJ Ryan & Cummins are involved as has been indicated here. But I guess you'd never know and it is all speculation at this stage. It will take time for Cheddar to gel it together and time (with the squad) is going to be a scarce resource in 2021 if the GAA stick to proposed calendar and return to activity doesn't start until, say March. At least everyone will be in the same boat...

Ogie

Lads, what I wouldn't give for a freezing cold Walsh cup game today, in Rathdowney, Borris, or Abbeyleix with a quick couple of pints in O Malleys, Kelly's or Morrisseys after talking about who was brutal or who will make it!!
Hopefully better days ahead again soon!! 🤞🏻

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on January 11, 2021, 05:46:03 PM

Few hours with Cummins a week will more than polish him,Enda's in the top 3/4 keepers in the country as it is

Not the point. You're either part of a set up or you're not. Nothing frustrates guys more (even at club level where it is a lot more common) than people dipping in and out of a set up. And I don't think Cheddar would or should put up with it.
Definitely couldn't see both Ryan & Cummins involved.

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 17, 2021, 10:11:31 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on January 11, 2021, 05:46:03 PM

Not the point. You're either part of a set up or you're not. Nothing frustrates guys more (even at club level where it is a lot more common) than people dipping in and out of a set up. And I don't think Cheddar would or should put up with it.
Definitely couldn't see both Ryan & Cummins involved.

Well we were fairly pliant  with Brennan managing us  and being on the Sunday game at the same time

It wouldn't have been let happen in any other serious hurling county bar here

Keyser Söze

Well, many on here (including my good self) were critical of that from the start of Brennan's time.
It doesn't mean it's a precedent we should be willing to extend, even to one from the Holy Land!