county championships 2013

Started by waterfordlad, September 19, 2013, 08:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterfordlad

How are the championships going in other counties?
In Waterford De La Salle last years champions were beaten after extra time by Ballygunner last weekend. The semi final line up is Ballygunner v Abbeyside and Mount Sion v Passage.

Milltown Row2

Antrim Championship at semi-final stage also

Dunloy v Cushendall will be tight but think Cushendall will come through

Ballycastle v Loughgiel and I think Loughgiel will come through that one also.

Could be a banana skin somewhere but form tells me different
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

spuds

Abbeyside is Dungarvan or just outside ?
Would hurling have a strong standing in the town ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

deiseach

Quote from: spuds on September 19, 2013, 02:41:37 PM

Abbeyside is that part of the metropolis on the Waterford side of the river. Hurling seems to be on the ascendant in both parts of the conurbation, although Abbeyside's football half, Ballinacourty, are still one of the teams to beat.

RealSpiritof98

Armagh Championship Final Replay tonight: Keady Lamh Derg v Armagh Cuchulainns.

Cuchulainns hoping to break the Keady/Middletown Duopoly from 1989. Going to be a tough outing for our lads as Keady have a lot of experience, but we have a young fit squad that will hopefully pull through after the drawn game.

GalwayBayBoy

Only one quarter-final played in Galway so far. Beagh beat Turloughmore last weekend. Other quarter-final games on this coming weekend.

Padraig Pearses v Loughrea
Castlegar v St Thomas
Ardrahan v Portumna

AZOffaly

In Tipperary, they have 3 of the 4 semi finalists and surprisingly both finalists from last year are gone already after Drom and Inch followed Sarsfields out the door by losing to Nenagh last weekend.

The confirmed semi finalists are Nenagh Eire Óg, Loughmore-Castleiney (who must be favourites now with all the McGraths) and Borrisoleigh, while Kildangan and Clonoulty-Rossmore must replay their quarter final.

Up in Offaly they are awaiting a final clash between the nouveau riche in Kilcormac-Killoughy and the old monied Birr. Birr beat another old firm side, Saint Rynaghs, in their semi final while KK overcame Clareen, or Sier Kieran.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2013, 05:12:01 PM
In Tipperary, they have 3 of the 4 semi finalists and surprisingly both finalists from last year are gone already after Drom and Inch followed Sarsfields out the door by losing to Nenagh last weekend.

The confirmed semi finalists are Nenagh Eire Óg, Loughmore-Castleiney (who must be favourites now with all the McGraths) and Borrisoleigh, while Kildangan and Clonoulty-Rossmore must replay their quarter final.

Up in Offaly they are awaiting a final clash between the nouveau riche in Kilcormac-Killoughy and the old monied Birr. Birr beat another old firm side, Saint Rynaghs, in their semi final while KK overcame Clareen, or Sier Kieran.

Well they are 5/2 in PP at the minute, you confident?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Slaughtneil won Derry - not sure how they will cope in Ulster
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 19, 2013, 04:52:27 PM

Cuchulainns hoping to break the Keady/Middletown Duopoly from 1989. Going to be a tough outing for our lads as Keady have a lot of experience, but we have a young fit squad that will hopefully pull through after the drawn game.

Was at the game last night, Cuchullain's won by 2 points in a very entertaining game, 2-12 to 1-13.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on September 20, 2013, 08:41:20 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 19, 2013, 04:52:27 PM

Was at the game last night, Cuchullain's won by 2 points in a very entertaining game, 2-12 to 1-13.

Well done Cuchullain's, great club and I remember playing against them when they entered the Antrim leagues think they had a couple of spells there, and we played them in the Athletic grounds

spuds

Quote from: deiseach on September 19, 2013, 02:56:57 PM
Quote from: spuds on September 19, 2013, 02:41:37 PM

Abbeyside is that part of the metropolis on the Waterford side of the river. Hurling seems to be on the ascendant in both parts of the conurbation, although Abbeyside's football half, Ballinacourty, are still one of the teams to beat.
Dungarvan schools and CBS successes bodes well for their future, good to see clubs lift themselves out of the shadows of the city teams.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 19, 2013, 08:45:44 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2013, 05:12:01 PM

Well they are 5/2 in PP at the minute, you confident?

Of the 5 that are left, I think Loughmore have as good a chance as any. I wouldn't think the standard is outstanding, and the likes of John and Noel McGrath will be huge for them. Clonoulty would be my other pick of the 5, but maybe that's because I can't imagine Kildangan, Nenagh or Borrisoleigh as senior champions :)

youbetterbelieveit

Limerick is down to the final stage with Na Piarsaigh v Adare

Na Piarsaigh had a good victory over reigning champions Kilmallock, while Adare had a close fought 2pt win over Doon.

GalwayBayBoy

Semi-finals line-up decided in Galway

Portumna v St Thomas
Beagh v Loughrea