Refixture: Tír Eoghain vs An Cabhán, Omagh, Sunday 12th March @14:00

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 12, 2017, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

That sc**bag Johnny Cooper gets away with a lot, remember his antics v Seamie O'Shea a few seasons ago and then again the other night against Bradley.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 17, 2017, 07:40:58 AM
Quote from: lenny on February 17, 2017, 07:19:18 AM
Quote from: sam03/05 on February 12, 2017, 11:12:09 PM
Surely Bradley's card will be over turned

Based on what evidence? He struck right in front of the linesman.

Based on what evidence?

Doh!! The evidence of the linesman who saw it.

omagh_gael

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 17, 2017, 08:13:42 AM
That sc**bag Johnny Cooper gets away with a lot, remember his antics v Seamie O'Shea a few seasons ago and then again the other night against Bradley.

Bit OTT, don't you think?

Fuzzman

Did any of ye on here actually see what happened yourselves as all I've heard is hearsay or from the papers.

From what I heard they were doing the usual pushing and handbags stuff but then Bradley pushed Cooper but into his neck area. If this is accurate is that still a red card or should it be yellow?
I was always amazed how ref lets lads grab other players by the throat but never punish that.

From the reports of the Monaghan v Cavan game you would expect Cavan to come to Omagh and set up with 13 or 14 behind the ball and make it a slog fest. Young McVeety always seem to get well wound up for his games against Tyrone.

Itchy

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 17, 2017, 10:48:38 AM
Did any of ye on here actually see what happened yourselves as all I've heard is hearsay or from the papers.

From what I heard they were doing the usual pushing and handbags stuff but then Bradley pushed Cooper but into his neck area. If this is accurate is that still a red card or should it be yellow?
I was always amazed how ref lets lads grab other players by the throat but never punish that.

From the reports of the Monaghan v Cavan game you would expect Cavan to come to Omagh and set up with 13 or 14 behind the ball and make it a slog fest. Young McVeety always seem to get well wound up for his games against Tyrone.

It seems our new managers approach to playing attacking football (which he claimed he was going to do) is to put 13 men behind the ball. So far he is way more defensive than Terry Hyland ever was.

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2016/11/02/news/new-manager-mattie-mcgleenan-determined-to-play-attacking-style-with-cavan-765833/

mrdeeds

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 17, 2017, 10:48:38 AM

It wasn't actually over defensive in Blayney. Just terrible shooting.

ONeill

I'd like to see Cavan do to Tyrone what they did in the drawn game last year. Torture the full back line. I'd like to see if Tyrone have learned anything from it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on February 20, 2017, 10:20:36 PM
I'd like to see Cavan do to Tyrone what they did in the drawn game last year. Torture the full back line. I'd like to see if Tyrone have learned anything from it.

From that day they're missing big Givney on the edge of the square and Mackey doing the damage out the field.

Fuzzman

Presume there's no word on Bradley's appeal of his red card yet?

The Tyrone defence looked a bit shakey under the high ball in against Roscommon but I thought they defended very well against the Dubs. I wonder will Mickey continue with McClure at MF or will he move him to wing forward and put Mattie back into MF. Munroe and Rory Brennan will be pushing hard for a start at wing back you would imagine.

Do the Cavan lads think they are much weakened that last year? Ye must be pleased with the draw against Monaghan but it's a tough division to get points in.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ONeill on February 20, 2017, 10:20:36 PM

Big Mattie loved the oul punched goal from a high ball in his heyday. I'd say he's been practising nothing else all week!
That was never a square ball!!

SG08

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 22, 2017, 12:10:25 PM

The Tyrone defence looked a bit shakey under the high ball in against Roscommon but I thought they defended very well against the Dubs. I wonder will Mickey continue with McClure at MF or will he move him to wing forward and put Mattie back into MF. Munroe and Rory Brennan will be pushing hard for a start at wing back you would imagine.

Do the Cavan lads think they are much weakened that last year? Ye must be pleased with the draw against Monaghan but it's a tough division to get points in.

I would say Munroe, Brennan and Meyler all competing for that wing half back position. I would have Munroe ahead of Brennan and then Meyler, Munroe hasn't put a foot wrong in any game he has started. Although I don't think that's how Micky sees it.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 22, 2017, 12:10:25 PM

Way weaker. Players left panel such as Givney and Keating. Then fitness questions over Mackey McKiernan Buchannan Argue. I don't think we know our best team yet either.

Fuzzman

I wonder will Mickey name McNulty at MF again and not start him again?
I presume Mark Harte oops Bradley is suspended so we could see Ronan come back in. I'd say the u21 lads will be rested from here on until they are knocked out.

I'd expect Mattie to come back into MF with McClure named at wing forward and maybe Rory Brennan back in at wing back.

Redhand Santa

Tough team to pick tonight. I assume you mean Mark Bradley is suspended, he must be. I could see Mattie coming in for Bradley and that being the only change from midfield up. Though not sure how he'll line them out. That still leaves big Sean on the bench, though he must soon be due a start.

O'Neill will probably start in nets and think the full back line will be unchanged. The half back line is hard to pick. It was McCann justy and mcrory the last day. The likes of Brennan, McNabb (if fit) and McGeary will be pushing for a go.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Cluiche: An Cabhán v Tír Eoghain

Ionad: Páirc Uí hÉilí, an Omaigh

Dáta: 26 Feabhra 2017
1 - Mickey O'Neill - Cluain Eo
2 - Pádraig Hampsey - Oileán a'Ghuail
3 - Ronan McNamee - Achadh Uí Aráin
4 - Cathal McCarron - An Droim Mór
5 - Tiernan McCann - Coill an Chlochair
6 - Justin McMahon - An Omaigh
7 - Aidan McCrory - Aireagal Chiaráin
8 - Colm Cavanagh - An Mhaigh
9 - Declan McClure - Cluain Eo
10 - Conor Meyler - An Omaigh
11 - Niall Sludden - An Droim Mhór
12 - Peter Harte - Aireagal Chiaráin
13 - Darren McCurry - Éadan na dTorc
14 - Cathal McShane - E. R. Uí Néill
15 - Ronan O'Neill - An Omaigh

16 - Niall Morgan - Éadan na dTorc
17 - Rory Brennan - Trí Leac
18 - Frank Burns - Cabhán a'Chaortainn
19 - Sean Cavanagh - An Mhaigh
20 - Matthew Donnelly - Trí Leac
21 - Conall McCann - Coill an Chlochair
22 - Hugh Pat McGeary - Cabhán a'Chaortainn
23 - Kieran McGeary - Cabhán a'Chaortainn
24 - Ronan McHugh - Achadh Uí Aráin
25 - Padraig McNulty - Dún Geanainn
26 - Jonathan Monroe - An Charraig Mhór
27 - Cahir McCullagh - An Caisleán Glas
28 - Michael Cassidy - Ard Bó
29 - Harry Loughran - An Mhaigh
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...