Dublin v Tyrone. 11/02/17. Croke Park, Dublin.

Started by omagh_gael, February 06, 2017, 12:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Job done for Tyrone yesterday with our first points on the board. Not the most impressive performance with too many (11) scorable wides, simple free kicks missed and gapping holes through the centre of our defence. Good job Dublin won't be in a position to exploit these ;)

However, minds should be focused during the week and better these are exposed and worked on before the sky blue juggernaught steams through and rips us to shreds. For me Mark Bradley has to start and get plenty of ball in good and early. If I was in Mickey's shoes I'd go for:

Morgan (assuming Mickey is rotating)
Hampsey
McNamee
McCarron
McCann
Justy
Munroe
C Cavanagh
M Donnelly (assuming he's fit)
McClure
Sludden
Harte
Bradley
McShane
McCurry

If Donnelly not fit then Sean in at No 9. I would give McShane another go at FF although he needs to sty closer to goal and have either Bradley or McCurry very close to him, if it's going to be given a shot give it a proper go!

Also think Meyler could be squeezed in, although can't find a space for him. Serious selection headaches for Mickey.

Fuzzman

I'd start Sean at FF and let him hit the frees from the left.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 06, 2017, 12:14:01 PM
Job done for Tyrone yesterday with our first points on the board. Not the most impressive performance with too many (11) scorable wides, simple free kicks missed and gapping holes through the centre of our defence. Good job Dublin won't be in a position to exploit these ;)

However, minds should be focused during the week and better these are exposed and worked on before the sky blue juggernaught steams through and rips us to shreds. For me Mark Bradley has to start and get plenty of ball in good and early. If I was in Mickey's shoes I'd go for:

Hampsey
McNamee
McCarron
McCann
Justy
Munroe
C Cavanagh
McClure
Sludden
Harte
Bradley
McShane
McCurry

If Donnelly not fit then Sean in at No 9. I would give McShane another go at FF although he needs to sty closer to goal and have either Bradley or McCurry very close to him, if it's going to be given a shot give it a proper go!

Also think Meyler could be squeezed in, although can't find a space for him. Serious selection headaches for Mickey.

Would go with something along the same lines, is it not a minimum 1 week absence if concussion is involved? This would mean Mattie misses out.

I'd like to see Burns get a go at 6 at some stage during the league but I'd go with Justy for the Dubs. Wouldn't mind seeing Conall McCann at 11 either.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 06, 2017, 05:42:47 PM

Hampsey
McNamee
McCarron
McCann
Justy
Munroe
C Cavanagh
McClure
Sludden
Harte
Bradley
McShane
McCurry

Would go with something along the same lines, is it not a minimum 1 week absence if concussion is involved? This would mean Mattie misses out.

I'd like to see Burns get a go at 6 at some stage during the league but I'd go with Justy for the Dubs. Wouldn't mind seeing Conall McCann at 11 either.

Instead of Sludden? Are you mad?
That was never a square ball!!

RedHandTom

What about Lee Brennan? He picked up an injury last week when the U.21s beat Dublin but surely he'll be in the reckoning this year?

omagh_gael

Hampsey
McNamee
McCarron
McCann
Justy
Munroe
C Cavanagh
McClure
Sludden
Harte
Bradley
McShane
McCurry

Do we know for certain it was concussion?

Farrandeelin

Sledge the shite outta them Tyrone. It might just work!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rois

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 06, 2017, 08:59:14 PM
Who do the neutrals want to win this one?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 06, 2017, 07:29:43 PM

Hampsey
McNamee
McCarron
McCann
Justy
Munroe
C Cavanagh
McClure
Sludden
Harte
Bradley
McShane
McCurry

Instead of Sludden? No.

Main Street

Quote from: Rois on February 06, 2017, 09:29:00 PM
Neutral? define neutral?  one who has an equal deep distaste for both combatants? :D
But when it comes to Dublin, then I'd be inclined to not mind at all if Tyrone use every last dark art contained in the vast Tyrone encyclopedias of the dark arts, in order to pummel the educationally challenged Dubs into the ground.
Red Árses abu!

Farrandeelin

Tyrone, cannot warm to Jim Gavin.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

redzone

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 06, 2017, 09:36:59 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 06, 2017, 07:29:43 PM

Hampsey
McNamee
McCarron
McCann
Justy
Munroe
C Cavanagh
McClure
Sludden
Harte
Bradley
McShane
McCurry

Instead of Sludden? No.
Why burns at 6. Think he played u21 one game at 6 and was poor v Cavan. He's played all his football at midfield or forwards. His he an option at frees, took them for his club. Mccann was good at club level but can't see him getting a starting place. Matty at 6 was a stop gap until Brennan returned to the half back line.

Whishtup

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 06, 2017, 10:32:18 PM

It's the squintin' and smirkin'.

macdanger2

Have Tyrone found a free taker? Doubt they'll win an all Ireland til they do

stew

Quote from: Whishtup on February 06, 2017, 11:43:17 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 06, 2017, 10:32:18 PM

It's the squintin' and smirkin'.

I hope Dublin hammer the f**kers into the ground. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.