Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 13, 2009, 04:44:17 PM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on June 13, 2009, 02:02:00 PM
anybody seen 21?,being shown tonight on sky prem

Good man urself i been wanting to see that , il have to get it taped we arent as updated as sky plus yet  :-\

Taped??? I haven't heard that in ages...lol

I would have said recorded...But thats probably laughable too....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

tyrone girl

:D :D i would always say taped , ah sure im still living in the dark ages  :-\

Drumanee 1

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 13, 2009, 04:44:17 PM

Good man urself i been wanting to see that , il have to get it taped we arent as updated as sky plus yet  :-\

dont think you can "tape" sky movies,do they not have a block or something?

thebigfella

Quote from: Windmill abu on June 13, 2009, 01:12:52 AM
watched terminator salvation last night and enjoyed it. the CG Arnie from the first film was a nice touch.

Excellent film, but I wish he would stop using the Batman voice.

I thought it was woeful, absolutely no continuity from the previous movies. Agree with the Batman voice too.

What? Of course there was. It's a pre-sequel / sequel in one

It's Christian Bale's voice. Batman only uses it in the batman movies.

This is the best terninator movie since the original as it basis its plot less on time paradoxes than the other 2 sequels and it  answers some of the questions about the terminators from the (earlier/later) movies

What about the whole Kyle Reece thing? How the fcuk does Skynet know his importance?

One point too is Sarah Connor in the end of T1 has a Alsatian to detect the T800's etc... Surely on her tapes/teachings to John Connor he would have had dogs too at the base?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thebigfella on June 13, 2009, 07:15:41 PM
Quote from: Windmill abu on June 13, 2009, 01:12:52 AM
watched terminator salvation last night and enjoyed it. the CG Arnie from the first film was a nice touch.

Excellent film, but I wish he would stop using the Batman voice.

I thought it was woeful, absolutely no continuity from the previous movies. Agree with the Batman voice too.

What? Of course there was. It's a pre-sequel / sequel in one

It's Christian Bale's voice. Batman only uses it in the batman movies.

This is the best terninator movie since the original as it basis its plot less on time paradoxes than the other 2 sequels and it  answers some of the questions about the terminators from the (earlier/later) movies

What about the whole Kyle Reece thing? How the fcuk does Skynet know his importance?

One point too is Sarah Connor in the end of T1 has a Alsatian to detect the T800's etc... Surely on her tapes/teachings to John Connor he would have had dogs too at the base?
it's not real life.

ardal

Don't buy the popcorn and get too comfortable. Very disappointing. You'll watch it the whole way through and then wonder why; in my opinion

Tony Baloney

Top Gun. On itv now. If you don't like this film, you don't have a beating heart. Such a show.

Minder

Gutsiest move i ever saw.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

Quote from: ardal on June 13, 2009, 07:43:37 PM

Don't buy the popcorn and get too comfortable. Very disappointing. You'll watch it the whole way through and then wonder why; in my opinion

I thought it was pretty good to be honest.

To the terminator people, it is a movie and a very entertaining one as well, get over it. The Terminator movies are just about the most far fetched movies ever made and that is saying something so a few inconsistencies do not really spoil it.

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 13, 2009, 11:10:56 PM

To the terminator people, it is a movie and a very entertaining one as well, get over it. The Terminator movies are just about the most far fetched movies ever made and that is saying something so a few inconsistencies do not really spoil it.
A cyborg coming back from the future, far fetched? Get out of town.......

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on June 13, 2009, 11:12:55 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on June 13, 2009, 11:10:56 PM

A cyborg coming back from the future, far fetched? Get out of town.......
Who then goes on to be Governor of California.

On another matter. "I feel the need...

Minder

I never really got over Goose getting goosed...........He was the best wingman i ever had.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on June 13, 2009, 11:17:28 PM
I never really got over Goose getting goosed...........He was the best wingman i ever had.
Tissues at the ready.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 13, 2009, 11:30:34 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 13, 2009, 11:17:28 PM
Tissues at the ready.

Like most nights for you Tony when the wife goes to bed.