Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Sorry yeah Frost Nixon was good I enjoyed that. Hoping to watch Che and Gran Torino in the near future.

Yes man isn't like liar liar it's a bit more serious but very good I thought. Based on a book by Danny Wallace where he tried an experiment of saying yes where he wouldn't have before for 6 months and seeing where it led him.

screenexile

Is the Reader the holocaust one with Winslet and Fiennes? I thought it's been getting great reviews?

ONeill

Quote from: leenie on January 22, 2009, 12:02:12 AM
has anyone seen the curious life of Benjamin button ... any good ?

Worth going to see although nearly 3 hours long. The CGI on the facial appearance of the lead actors growing old/young is interesting. I watched it over a week - probably best watched in one sitting. Unique but Gump-ish.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 20, 2009, 09:47:23 PM
I got up and left seven pounds after about seven minutes, did I miss something? It had the worst possible start to a movie for me with mention of suicide and judgemntalism and an IRS agent playing God. I did not want to know any more about it.

Saw it last night. 

People here don't seem to have liked it but it was perfect, suspend disbelief cinema. 

Very unBlockbuster, unHollywood like film.  No CGI or action to keep you awake but if you wanted a good yarn, it was brilliant. 

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

magpie seanie

Folks - do ye download movies or watch in the cinema? Want to see some of the movies people have reviewed favourably but not sure if they are in the cinema or not. Gran Torino, Slumdog, Frost Nixon and Revolutionary Road are next on the list.

ccosgrave

I say the Irish film, "Mickeybo & Me" on telly a few weeks back, it's a good film and a good laugh and I'd recommend everyone see it once. It's not one of those films that you could watch over and over again, but it kept me more than entertained. It's about a Catholic boy and a Protestant boy who become friends in Belfast during the Troubles, by the way.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 23, 2009, 11:25:45 PM
Folks - do ye download movies or watch in the cinema? Want to see some of the movies people have reviewed favourably but not sure if they are in the cinema or not. Gran Torino, Slumdog, Frost Nixon and Revolutionary Road are next on the list.

Download.  Why dont you download them?

pintsofguinness

Im watching the wrestler here, boring as f**k. 
I'm beginning to wonder if it's me, all these apparently great films out at the minute and I just think they're boring!

pintsofguinness

It's not a movie, but does anyone else like or watch Criminal Minds?  I'm addicted.

Main Street

Haven't seen Criminal Minds but I might download a series after I'm finished getting through Deadwood.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 24, 2009, 03:02:36 PM
It's not a movie, but does anyone else like or watch Criminal Minds?  I'm addicted.
Aye great show pints. Been watching it since it started on Living Tv on sky. Haven't met many other people who have seen it! Is there a new series in the states you've been downloading as I'm up to date with the ones on tv?

pintsofguinness

Yeah I'm downloading, I'm up to episode 8 of series 4.  - watching it now but I've up to episode 12 downloaded, think that's the up to date one in US.

Far better than the likes of CSI imo.

ziggysego

There's alot of illegal activity going on in this thread.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on January 24, 2009, 03:52:22 PM
There's alot of illegal activity going on in this thread.
Sure Pints is from South Armagh so would you expect anything less?! :)