Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biglerman

if u get a chance check out Daniel Craig's new Movie 'Defiance', seen it today; 9/10

pintsofguinness

QuotePints you have to "read it" but it's well worth watching.
Yeah, I'll try, it looks good.  I tried with Downfall too and give up half way in through though. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hardy

Quote from: liihb on January 05, 2009, 01:28:26 PM
Quote from: under the bar on January 05, 2009, 01:09:03 PM
Did anyone watch The Garage starring Pat Short over the holidays?  Failry light-hearted until the ending which made you sit up an take notice!
Yeah I did, thought it was very good. Breffni was some w**ker!

I saw that - it was a lovely piece of work. Pat Shortt can act.

Downfall is magnificent. Das Boot too.

pintsofguinness

QuoteDownfall is magnificent.
I know hardy but you'd think they'd put it in english!

How are you meant to watch something when you're reading the screen as well, you cant do both.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2009, 11:42:59 PM
The Strangers - The girl in Xtravision told me to put back the dvd I brought up to her (can't remember what it was) as she said it was the worst film ever. She told me to get The Strangers. I hope she breaks her arm. It was the biggest pile of shite.
Jesus will you never learn. The ones in the local xtravision always point people in the direction of the biggest heaps of shite. I think they must get commission for it. I tend to ignore them and keep what I picked. Which may be shit but at least it's my shit!

Pints believe or not the Germans didn't speak much English to each other as they had, and still have, a perfectly good language of their own! I think on my dvd of Das Boot you can get an English dubbed version but surely it's more authentic in German.

Tyrones own

I've been meaning to get out to see that Gran Torino..supposed to be pretty good by most accounts.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

Watched Cass there, f**king dull as dish water.
Rise of a foot soldier is far better. 

achadh gallain

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2009, 11:18:08 PM
Quote from: achadh gallain on January 05, 2009, 09:15:34 PM
Seen a new clint eastwood film over in america there, dont think its out here yet though.. its called Gran Torino.. absolutely class film.. i usually hate clint eastwood films, though this one is very funny an not like any of his usual films.. highly recommended!  ;)
"Oh, I was in America and um guess what?.....

.........Did I tell ya I was in America?"
::)

:D :D :D :D piss off.... though here... was i tellin ya that i was in america??

Mayo4Sam

Watched Hancock there over christmas, absolutely brutal

Was made watch PS I love You on Sunday, herselfs birhtday, and was surprised that i actuallt , enjoyed it, definitely a chick flick but good story, plenty of gags and good sound track, was impressed
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

The Iceman

I heard Rourke was great in the Wrestler - best career performance?
Gran Turino is getting good reports and everyone I have spoken to so far loves The Curious case of Benjamin button
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

bridgegael

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 07, 2009, 12:33:10 AM
Watched Cass there, f**king dull as dish water.
Rise of a foot soldier is far better. 

yeah it was mediocre at best,  was expecting more violence in it.

watched 'Felon' the other day,  i thought it was very good.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

The Real Laoislad

Something about Mary is on Sky Movies at the moment,can't believe its 10 years old..Still find it funny even after watching it dozens of times before
Cameron Diaz at her most gorgeous in it i might add
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 07, 2009, 11:28:39 PM
Something about Mary is on Sky Movies at the moment,can't believe its 10 years old..Still find it funny even after watching it dozens of times before
Cameron Diaz at her most gorgeous in it i might add
Movies you never tire of watching? Mostly comedies. I must have seen 48 Hours and Beverly Hills Cop about a dozen times. Can watch Midnight Run, American Pie and Road Trip til the cows come home.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 07, 2009, 06:10:39 PM
Was made watch PS I love You on Sunday, herselfs birhtday, and was surprised that i actuallt , enjoyed it, definitely a chick flick but good story, plenty of gags and good sound track, was impressed

Bender alert. ;D

wrecked_em

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 07, 2009, 06:10:39 PM

the biggest pile of stemming turd i have recently had the misfortune of watching.
yer man's 'oirish' accent is so bad it makes it unwatchable

just after watching slumdog millionaire, different and very predictable but good i thought, (despite the rules of who wants to be a millionaire being slightly different and therefore off putting)