Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Yes I Would on July 13, 2008, 01:32:03 AM
After watching 'The Last King of Scotland' . Thought it was a good enough show!

Yip. Was good enough, but I thought that maybe it was because I was ignorant to the story.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nic

The Princess Bride- An oldie but a goodie

The Iceman

the new Rambo - definitely one for the boys

Iron Man - quality show for any marvel fans

Incredible Hulk - surprisingly good

Can't wait for the Dark Night - have pre-ordered my IMax tickets for NYC - gonna be mental
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

hitzelsperger

last king of scotland is great show as is the departed. has anyone watched Mr Brooks with Costner and Demi Moore, great viewing!

Puckoon

Mr Brooks, good show. Iffy ending.

Mack the finger

Really enjoyed 'Before the devil knows you're dead' with phillip seymour hoffman.

Am sure someones already mentioned it but 'Dead man's shoes' is an absolute classic.

Anyone seen that new one with Daniel Day lewis yet, the one he got the oscar for? Will try and
rent it soon.

The Iceman

there will be blood

DDL puts in another great performance but for me the film wasnt that good itself
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Corporal

Finally saw  No Country For Old Men... good film but was left disappointed with the ending! It's like they ended it mid scene.

Dark Knight is going to be awesome, pre-booked my tickets for it last week!

Our Nail Loney

Pre booked dark knight as well, in that vip crap the odyssey, anyone been, is it really that good??

corn02

No Country for no men was fantastic from start to finish, There will be blood  was very dissapointing, don't think I looked forward to a film as much in a long time.

Watched Knocked up this week, pretty decent.

Seen the Happening last week, shite!

Norf Tyrone

Anyone seen WALL-E yet?

The wife got the... ahem... DVD of it last week (Long story), and the DVD quality was just ok. Sat and watched it with the wee lad, and thought it was fairly good. There is very little dialogue for the first 40 minutes or so, so the film is essentially two parts.

Now the wee boy is 3 so I thought he'd get bored after 10 minutes. Not a hate. Sat gob smacked throughout, and then asked to watch it again straight away!

I have read all the reviews this week, and everyone claims it to be the greatest animation film ever! I think I have missed something, maybe as it was a poor copy, or I was sick at the time, so me and him are for the cinema to watch it this week. It's good...but not the greatness that is being bestowed on it.

Anyone else see it?

Hereiam

Watched SAW lll last nite. The fella that come up with that whole SAW concept should be locked up for even thinking like that. Unreal.

Zapatista

Quote from: corn02 on July 15, 2008, 11:20:06 PM
No Country for no men was fantastic from start to finish, There will be blood  was very dissapointing, don't think I looked forward to a film as much in a long time.

Watched Knocked up this week, pretty decent.

Seen the Happening last week, shite!

There Will Be blood is an excellent movie. I loved it.

No Country was good but not great. I was surprised Tommy Lee Jones actually did a good job for a change. The Hitchhiker was a better movie.

I really liked Kung Fu Panda.

Hancock was an Ok movie. It's about a Super Hero with a few emotional problems. It's a romanitic comedy really.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Norf Tyrone

Has no one seen Wall-E yet?