Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 14, 2016, 06:08:20 PM
All those new signings will take time to settle and gel.

True, true. Especially sitting on the bench.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Wenger has hinted it is his last season, don't know why he didn't do a Ferguson and just splash the cash and go all out. He owes Arsenal nothing and the fans would have loved him for it.
#newbridgeornowhere

redhandofgod

Wenger basically fielded a reserve team in a senior match yesterday. 4 guaranteed starters!
Ramsey played at Euros and Sanchez played in Copa America, what differs from allowing these 2 to play but not play Koscielny, giroud or ozil? Surely he should have played Koscielny and if he needs a rest give it to him when he gets guys fit. They are professionals ffs!! Chambers at centre back? u'd be safer with a chambers bus, it would be quicker turning and have more brains!
Ramsey shouldn't be near the team anyway. Overrated and no defence discipline whatsoever.
Wengers last year, he shoulda broke than bank and give it one last hooray

Maroon Manc

Quote from: redhandofgod on August 15, 2016, 02:26:35 PM
Wenger basically fielded a reserve team in a senior match yesterday. 4 guaranteed starters!
Ramsey played at Euros and Sanchez played in Copa America, what differs from allowing these 2 to play but not play Koscielny, giroud or ozil? Surely he should have played Koscielny and if he needs a rest give it to him when he gets guys fit. They are professionals ffs!! Chambers at centre back? u'd be safer with a chambers bus, it would be quicker turning and have more brains!
Ramsey shouldn't be near the team anyway. Overrated and no defence discipline whatsoever.
Wengers last year, he shoulda broke than bank and give it one last hooray

Looks like 6 starters to me and a few more on the bench.

Don't get Wenger, Arsenal have been desperate for a good centre half and centre forward for years and he's still not done anything about it.

Orior

Not Arsenal related but what is the safest way to buy tickets for a West Ham home game?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gaffer

Become a red member (about 30 quid for the year. ) and log in with your membership number and join the queue for tickets. Even if it sells out you can get some on ticket exchange. One ticket per membership though.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Puckoon

Is arsene watching the same game I am? Ox off, Coq still on with a yellow. Walcott still on. Wtf.

tyroneman

Walcott is simply dreadful. A player that offers nothing intelligent on the pitch.

Sanchez has been worse today, clearly incapable of playing as the main striker.

ONeill

It's all a load of bollocks. You read back over this thread and it's groundhog day since 2008. I get no satisfaction of being in the top 4 for 20 years, or competing for a while every year in the CL. It's all bland and monotonous. It might be a dream come true for some but after 2 decades of it.....and no nearer to the title or the CL for 12 years.

The quality of the football, something that gave Wenger a by-ball in previous years, is average now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Windmill abu

Arsenal now exist to make money for Silent Stan.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Dinny Breen

Wenger has lost his horn, impotent football from Arsenal.

Arsenal's problems won't be resolved by spending millions in the transfer market.

From ownership to manager to players to culture Arsenal are on a downward spiral.
#newbridgeornowhere

thewobbler

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 21, 2016, 10:01:37 AM
Wenger has lost his horn, impotent football from Arsenal.

Arsenal's problems won't be resolved by spending millions in the transfer market.

From ownership to manager to players to culture Arsenal are on a downward spiral

You might want to try supporting Leeds, Villa or Newcastle to really learn what a downward spiral is. Or even Liverpool or Everton to some extent. But it's sure as f**k not something that happens when you finish 2nd in the league (unless you've won it a couple of years in a row).

While I'm sure it has to be a tad repetitive the past decade, when you consider that there are two billionaire plaything clubs and Adidas's billion pound plaything project in the EPL - yet Wenger continues to make his team competitive - that Arsenal's trajectory after replacing Wenger is much more likely to head south than north.

mrdeeds

Finally two signings needed but why wait till five points behind in the league and the fact you know there was a defensive crisis.

Windmill abu

Good result yesterday, without the 2 new signings.

Its time, for the critics who listen too much from Piers Morgan, to get behind Arsene and the team and stop whinging about no spending.

BTW I really like the third kit which was worn this weekend. Unfortunately that seems to be its only outing in this years Premier League..

Never underestimate the power of complaining

trileacman

I don't watch Arsenal enough to know if theyre stuck in the same 10 year rut but they probably are.

This thread is at Groundhog day though, you've the same bitch on here year in year out, no money spent, need a defender, need a striker, Walcott's shite. In the cold reality of it there's not much better you could be doing. What to know what a downward spiral is? Watch your team drift into obscurity? As the man said, support Leeds, Villa or Newcastle, before that it was Wimbledon and Nott Forest. To a lesser extent look at Liverpool. We bounce around the table and there's a few ups and an awful lot of downs but could you happily switch Arsenal's current situation with Liverpools or Spurs? Because in reality that's what you are. Given the money you spend without Wenger that is Arsenal's level.

People assume that without Wenger Arsenals trajectory could only ascend. The opposite is true, Arsenal have much, much more room to slide than they have to improve.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014