Irish passport

Started by Walter Cronc, January 10, 2021, 07:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Has anyone experience of getting a fast track Irish passport? What sort of timeframe for turnaround?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Just so you know, passport service is a mess at the minute with covid and lockdowns. Taking months to get my daughter's sorted - she was born in September.

TwoUpTwoDown

Circumstances are very different at the minute. But we had a serious passport c**k up prior to going away last summer. With evidence of flights in the next 72 hours they got us one in 48 hours. Wasn't even that much of a hassle.

Our daughter was born last year and it took us 4 and half weeks for hers.

Orior

Quote from: gallsman on January 10, 2021, 07:51:47 PM
Just so you know, passport service is a mess at the minute with covid and lockdowns. Taking months to get my daughter's sorted - she was born in September.

As soon as you see a twinkle in your bird's eye, then fill in the passport application.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rois

Can you point me in the right direction - can you get a baby's passport online? (Baby girl also born in Sep)

imtommygunn

I don't think you can get passports online at the minute. I need renewed and we want to get one for our one year old too.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 10, 2021, 10:02:16 PM
I don't think you can get passports online at the minute. I need renewed and we want to get one for our one year old too.

Yeah it's all paused
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rois

Yeah just checked website - though I was able to get further than last time I tried.
Getting a picture is going to be fun...

Walter Cronc

I need it for getting married..some time to misplace it  :o

JoG2

Quote from: Rois on January 10, 2021, 10:09:15 PM
Yeah just checked website - though I was able to get further than last time I tried.
Getting a picture is going to be fun...

Lay your baby girl down on her back and take the pic standing over her...well, that's what a photographer friend told me after a botched attempt!

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 10, 2021, 10:11:01 PM
I need it for getting married..some time to misplace it  :o

Tell the future Mrs Cronc they're suspended for the forseeable Walter!  ;D

gallsman

Quote from: Rois on January 10, 2021, 09:59:18 PM
Can you point me in the right direction - can you get a baby's passport online? (Baby girl also born in Sep)

Yes, just do it on the website, fill out the form, print it out, get it signed and send it off along with whatever other documents you need - we sent our passports, wedding cert and her birth cert.

One thing for the online application - don't try and crop a photo down to passport size. Just get a straight on photo with your phone and upload it, the site will process the image accordingly.

We had a small delay as had to resubmit as there are two versions of a birth cert in Spain and they wanted the one I didn't send. By time we resubmitted, the place was shut down for 6 weeks. Reopened in December and they posted it to us on December 23rd. Still waiting on it, but don't know if they've shut down again.

gallsman

https://passportonline.dfa.ie/Apply/Passport#

Can still get into the application engine, so you should be able to submit that. Posting the supporting documentation probably going to be an issue.

Passport office shutting down is absolutely f**king laughable. Pretty goddamn essential service if you ask me.

gallsman

Still no sign of passport that was posted on December 23rd.

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on January 27, 2021, 12:57:51 PM
Still no sign of passport that was posted on December 23rd.

Finally turned up in Barcelona this morning. 7 weeks from the date of postage.