NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Forwards particularly frustrating. Darren Coen was terrible as was James Durcan but he got taken off. Boyle at fault for the goal, not tracking his man. Keegan had another underwhelming performance. Harrison was poor, but Shane Walsh was excellent. Higgins did ok at mopping up balls.

Ruane probably the best out field player for us tonight. Showed well and got a good point in the second half after two bad wides in the first half. Dunno what to make of Vaughan. Never puts in 2 good performances in a row. Poor from him tonight I thought. Diarmuid was poor in my opinion. AOS was bottled up, he's going to be against good teams though. Horan must implement a plan B for him as he's only handpassing laterally when he's not.

Andy didn't do much when he came on. Terribly disappointing night. Have a bit of a sickness so I couldn't go this evening. Galway's stranglehold continues over us.

Two tests, two losses. Kerry up next in a fortnight.  :-X
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 02, 2019, 09:26:38 PM
Forwards particularly frustrating. Darren Coen was terrible as was James Durcan but he got taken off. Boyle at fault for the goal, not tracking his man. Keegan had another underwhelming performance. Harrison was poor, but Shane Walsh was excellent. Higgins did ok at mopping up balls.

Ruane probably the best out field player for us tonight. Showed well and got a good point in the second half after two bad wides in the first half. Dunno what to make of Vaughan. Never puts in 2 good performances in a row. Poor from him tonight I thought. Diarmuid was poor in my opinion. AOS was bottled up, he's going to be against good teams though. Horan must implement a plan B for him as he's only handpassing laterally when he's not.

Andy didn't do much when he came on. Terribly disappointing night. Have a bit of a sickness so I couldn't go this evening. Galway's stranglehold continues over us.

I understand you were not there Farr. and it must have been very hard watch on tv. It was another horrible night for football . Let's put that out there to start. Would we would have done any better if we had wind advantage in first half? - I doubt it.

Galway were much more at it and deserved the win over the context of the match. That has to be said. We have to suck it up and so does Horan and the players. Even though Galway picked up 2 sin bins, it was our poor discipline that cost us the game imo. Discipline as regards unnecessary rashness in the tackle and just crazy decision making in possession. Decision making last week against the Dubs was poor and it was bad again tonight.
Very disappointing. I cannot imagine any other team that would have lost that game tonight with 10 to go. Game back to a point, playing at home. a gale in our favour and we could not see it out. I'm sorry - and with all due respect to Galway's great shift, a division 4 team would have managed a win in those circumstances.

Horan's second honeymoon is over. His job starts now.
That Cooke fella was my mom.  Johnny Heaney was very good as well. Congrats the Galway lads on here.

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on March 02, 2019, 10:44:39 PM

I understand you were not there Farr. and it must have been very hard watch on tv. It was another horrible night for football . Let's put that out there to start. Would we would have done any better if we had wind advantage in first half? - I doubt it.

Galway were much more at it and deserved the win over the context of the match. That has to be said. We have to suck it up and so does Horan and the players. Even though Galway picked up 2 sin bins, it was our poor discipline that cost us the game imo. Discipline as regards unnecessary rashness in the tackle and just crazy decision making in possession. Decision making last week against the Dubs was poor and it was bad again tonight.
Very disappointing. I cannot imagine any other team that would have lost that game tonight with 10 to go. Game back to a point, playing at home. a gale in our favour and we could not see it out. I'm sorry - and with all due respect to Galway's great shift, a division 4 team would have managed a win in those circumstances.

That Cooke fella was my mom.  Johnny Heaney was very good as well. Congrats the Galway lads on here.

There was never going to be a honeymoon for Horan. Many people expected him to rejuvenate rather than rebuild. In other words hold onto as many of the old guard and add as many new faces as possible.  The old guard are getting nearer to the end and the new replacements are not coming through in the numbers to replace them. This is only natural when you have a special group, happened to Donegal, Tyrone, Galway, Cork, Armagh the last 20 years or so.

Itchy

Very very deflating performance from Cavan today. Nothing you could take out of it as a positive. We lay down when Clarke got sent off. I hadnt a great view but seemed like two soft enough yellows to me. However Clarke is continuously letting us down with his lack of discipline, black cards, red cards and mouthing getting frees brought forward etc. Hes one of our senior players and would want to cop himself on. Tyrone were not great in an attacking sense but mean in defence. Serious point from Kyle Coney today, if Sunday game show it it is worth a look.

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 02, 2019, 11:00:33 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 02, 2019, 10:44:39 PM

There was never going to be a honeymoon for Horan. Many people expected him to rejuvenate rather than rebuild. In other words hold onto as many of the old guard and add as many new faces as possible.  The old guard are getting nearer to the end and the new replacements are not coming through in the numbers to replace them. This is only natural when you have a special group, happened to Donegal, Tyrone, Galway, Cork, Armagh the last 20 years or so.

I'm sorry Bunker but you've lost me there?

Rossfan

So it's Kerry v Galway/Dublin or maybe Tyrone in the Final.
Relegated - us and the loser of Cavan/Monaghan :-\.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on March 02, 2019, 11:48:08 PM

A Mayo in the middle in neither camp!

Rossfan

6 points should see ye safe enough alright.
Tymoan have to play Galway and Dublin I think so that's a little qualification mini league of its own.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Quote from: Rossfan on March 02, 2019, 11:48:08 PM
Cavan.

MayoBuck

Conceding a goal like that with 2 extra players is scandalous. Dunno why Michael Plunkett was dropped for the last 2 games, he'd been settling in well. Keegan and Boyle are way off their best. Conor Diskin looked promising in the opening 2 games but he's dropped off the scene completely.

Horan is rotating the team a lot but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

galwayman

Quote from: MayoBuck on March 03, 2019, 01:33:26 AM
Conceding a goal like that with 2 extra players is scandalous. Dunno why Michael Plunkett was dropped for the last 2 games, he'd been settling in well. Keegan and Boyle are way off their best. Conor Diskin looked promising in the opening 2 games but he's dropped off the scene completely.

Horan is rotating the team a lot but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
Boyle to me looked completely off the pace last season.
He doesn't seem to be able to drive forward anymore.
Last night means nothing in the context of the summer

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: galwayman on March 03, 2019, 07:48:58 AM
Quote from: MayoBuck on March 03, 2019, 01:33:26 AM

Boyle to me looked completely off the pace last season.
He doesn't seem to be able to drive forward anymore.
Last night means nothing in the context of the summer
I don't know
if they don't have the legs in March, when they should be fresh. By the time June comes around will they be flogged?

Manning18

Willie Joe's blog makes entertaining reading this morning. "Galway always target the league and will be pooped come August" after Galway beat Mayo while missing 2/3rds of their panel. "I'd rather lose than play as defensively as Galway tonight". This is a game where Galway with 13 players scored 1-1 against a Mayo side that funneled everyone back to defend that 2 man advantage. In fairness you get weirdos in every bunch, they just seem to have a high number count over there

From the Bunker

Quote from: Manning18 on March 03, 2019, 10:42:18 AM
Willie Joe's blog makes entertaining reading this morning. "Galway always target the league and will be pooped come August" after Galway beat Mayo while missing 2/3rds of their panel. "I'd rather lose than play as defensively as Galway tonight". This is a game where Galway with 13 players scored 1-1 against a Mayo side that funneled everyone back to defend that 2 man advantage. In fairness you get weirdos in every bunch, they just seem to have a high number count over there

There is a slow denial going on here in Mayo. The three Connacht Championship losses to Galway in a row are seen as sort of flukes. Many don't see that the 2012-2017 group is in decline and it's just a case of adding one to five new faces and we are up and running again.  Many in Mayo  have forgotten that Mayo have fallen back into the chasing pack (if not behind) and Galway are in the chasing pack. Problem is the Chasing pack are all well behind Dublin.

MayoBuck

Quote from: Manning18 on March 03, 2019, 10:42:18 AM

Another poster said if we had some of Carlow or Leitrim's forwards we would have an All Ireland at this stage.  ::)