Keegan says he doesn't like listening to female pundits

Started by Sonny Joe, October 06, 2023, 09:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: thewobbler on October 17, 2023, 08:55:07 PMTuning into channel 4 here.

An unintelligible Zola and an utterly incapable Joe Cole would be a hindrance to say Lineker, Keane, Neville, but they'd still find a way to make the show work.

But pairing them with a female anchor and a Lioness each with zero charisma, and even less insight? It's just shit. Absolute shit.

80 years of football and television evolving together as entertainment, stopped in its tracks.

So many ex players  getting money for old rope on the punditry. Most of them are  either dull, unintelligible  or both.

I  never liked Shearer as a player, and i used  to liken  him and Ian Wright to beavis  and butthead when on MOTD together.  However, through time I've actually  realised he's quite good . Maybe it's partly because the likes of Jenas, Murphy etc  makes him look good.  Christ but they are bad.

So now,  If I see Shearer  and Wright  together on MOTD, I actually say "thank f**k" , but mainly  because it's not that f**kin Jermaine Jenas tool.

Jell 0 Biafra

Almost all football commentary is shit.  I remember giving up on Arse/Leeds games in the 80s or 90s when the commentators started on about parking.  There are good male commentators, but most are shit.  So it's not surprising that most female commentators aren't that good.  There needs to be more, so we can separate the good from the bad.

statto

Quote from: thewobbler on October 17, 2023, 08:55:07 PMTuning into channel 4 here.

An unintelligible Zola and an utterly incapable Joe Cole would be a hindrance to say Lineker, Keane, Neville, but they'd still find a way to make the show work.

But pairing them with a female anchor and a Lioness each with zero charisma, and even less insight? It's just shit. Absolute shit.

80 years of football and television evolving together as entertainment, stopped in its tracks.
Dion Dublin was also a hard listen on the commentary. 

J70

Rebecca Lowe has been doing a great job anchoring NBC's Premier League coverage in the US for years now. Robbie Earle, Robbie Mustoe and Tim Howard are decent as pundits too.

Taylor

Steve McManaman (sp) is worse than any female pundit out there

lurganblue

Puckoon

Quote from: J70 on October 19, 2023, 09:49:07 AMRebecca Lowe has been doing a great job anchoring NBC's Premier League coverage in the US for years now. Robbie Earle, Robbie Mustoe and Tim Howard are decent as pundits too.

10000%. It's been a great thing to happen to USA based fans. Compared to the $70 Fox Soccer channel package with Tommy "He's rattled the auld onion bag" Smyth.

Le Saux, Dixon all good color commentators as well.