Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Any room in there for a possible Second Referendum ? How would it come about?

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: dec on October 15, 2019, 10:05:20 PM
I saw this comment from Arlene, it is from a few days ago.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/brexit/brexit-deal-that-works-for-everyone-eminently-possible-claims-dups-arlene-foster-37399448.html

"I hope that there is realism that you cannot separate out part of a nation from the rest of the nation," Mrs Foster said.

The DUP is abandoning its support for partition?

Farrandeelin

DUP not happy with the deal according to reports.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trailer

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit pointless. What deal can Bojo get passed with a working majority of -48 in the commons (from memory). Labour will vote against any deal. SNP and Lib Dems same. Whether the DUP or ERG are on board this deal has very little chance of passing. He simply doesn't have the numbers. I'd say we are in extension then GE territory.

maddog

Quote from: trailer on October 16, 2019, 08:54:31 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit pointless. What deal can Bojo get passed with a working majority of -48 in the commons (from memory). Labour will vote against any deal. SNP and Lib Dems same. Whether the DUP or ERG are on board this deal has very little chance of passing. He simply doesn't have the numbers. I'd say we are in extension then GE territory.

I don't think there is a deal to pass. They are making out there is so that when the extension is asked for he doesn't have to look for a ditch to lay down in and he can say "look i tried my best". Could be 100% wrong but we will see

GJL

Quote from: trailer on October 16, 2019, 08:54:31 AM

DUP are being told to toe the line or face a border poll. They will do what they are told. The ERG will go with the deal instead of extending and facing a GE. Then they will get the MPs back online that have left and they may just have the numbers to get a deal over the line.

ardtole

I wouldn't be surprised if the SNP are being offered another referendum in order to get them onside.

johnnycool

Quote from: ardtole on October 16, 2019, 09:52:27 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the SNP are being offered another referendum in order to get them onside.

Irrespective of what Corbyn says I think there's enough Labour MP's sitting in pro Brexit seats scared enough to vote through the Boris (Canada -) deal.

trailer

All reports seem to be that there is no support for this deal from the DUP and then by extension the ERG. Boris is looking for a ditch to die in.

marty34

Quote from: trailer on October 16, 2019, 10:47:59 AM
All reports seem to be that there is no support for this deal from the DUP and then by extension the ERG. Boris is looking for a ditch to die in.

Yeah, seems to be a lot of backtracking this morning.  DUP  must have spoke to their buddies in East Belfast and decided it's a non-runner...unless they get millions and millions.

No deal back on..as they look for someone to blame.

Aaron Boone

Brexit fatigue might be a saviour. Get this done by Halloween and literally the Parliament can breathe again.
What better deal is any PM gonna get.
Another referendum will drag this nonsense out for years.

Rossfan

Quote from: marty34 on October 16, 2019, 10:53:23 AM
Quote from: trailer on October 16, 2019, 10:47:59 AM

Yeah, seems to be a lot of backtracking this morning.  DUP  must have spoke to their buddies in East Belfast and decided it's a non-runner...unless they get millions and millions.

No deal back on..as they look for someone to blame.
The livelihoods and future of 500,000,000 people depending on the whim of murdering, drug dealing, criminal scum from a 17th century backwater.
You couldn't make it up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 16, 2019, 11:23:53 AM
Brexit fatigue might be a saviour. Get this done by Halloween and literally the Parliament can breathe again.
What better deal is any PM gonna get.
Another referendum will drag this nonsense out for years.

Absolutely none and I include Corbyn in that.

The Moggster has made comments to that effect recently as well and if he tells the ERG it's this deal or no Brexit then they'll go for it irrespective of the DUP.

trailer

Tony Connelly (RTE) says DUP now on board.

johnnycool

Tony Connelly
@tconnellyRTE
ยท
10m
BREAKING: two senior EU sources say the main stumbling block to a deal has been removed with the DUP accepting the latest proposals on consent... Optimism a deal can now be done...