Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Cassidy

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on January 23, 2017, 10:14:21 AM
Louth beating Meath by 7 points should be a warning to our lads coming into the league. Meath played with 14 men for the second half but it shouldn't detract from a decent win for the wee county. We will need to be very focused for the game and come out firing from the start. While we were all very happy with the Laois performance last week it shows what we have to do so no complacency.
Its very difficult to reach much into any of those games re opposition given the amount of changes etc that would be made. I'd hope our lads wouldn't take anyone for granted these days.

redsetanta

The tone this time last week was positve which is great and like you say we shouldn't read too much into these games but we did last week.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on January 23, 2017, 01:28:46 PM
The tone this time last week was positve which is great and like you say we shouldn't read too much into these games but we did last week.
I meant re the opposition. We can tell a bit from our own, because we know what we have and don't have to a much greater extent. But Meath ran the bench in a lot of their games and did so again yesterday.

Whats far more depressing is how far Dublin's 3rd team is ahead of most teams they met.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

It really is hard to read too much from these games, only the previous week Carlow were two points ahead of Louth with 8 minutes left on the clock. Louth did beat them in the end but Louth would have really been up for the Meath game for obvious reasons. The Meath keeper was sent off and Joe Sheridan stepped into the goals for the penalty kick which was scored by Louth... I'd say that was a sweet moment for every Louth man...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Laoisguy

Hugely optimistic about this year

Really love the way Creedon talks about the county and players on the media.

Grounded Honest Fair Smart...... breath of fresh air

Unlaoised

Playing Cork this week I think and Donegal  next week or maybe the other way around I had a few on board when I was told last Saturday night! ;D
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Quote from: Laoisguy on January 24, 2017, 10:32:53 AM
Hugely optimistic about this year

Really love the way Creedon talks about the county and players on the media.

Grounded Honest Fair Smart...... breath of fresh air
Agreed - you can tell he has a very good head on his shoulders. Smart man & he speaks very well. Players seems to be really getting behind him also. It's one thing to have good ideas but another to be able to communicate those effectively to your players. He definitely has good communication, he's very proactive; let's just hope he has good ideas  :)   https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/peter-creedon-post-meath

Butch Cassidy

Any flash backs to Saturday night Unlaoised to tell you where the matches are on??

U21s playing Limerick tomorrow night so presume isn't on then

The Monument Road

The panel has been cut considerably this week. Any one know of who is gone....

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Jack Nolan discusses the possible changes to the Laois Senior Football Championship and reveals injury worries to some big players ahead of Saturday night's game against Louth.

https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/laois-sfc-changes-ahead
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

High Fielder

Who dreams up this shite? Talking about the top 8 teams in the county as if they were powerhouses. They're very ordinary football teams in a county that is struggling overall. The hurling structure is very different because of the amalgamations, but fair play to Jack, he did his best to sell it to us. Lest he and all of us forget, our current county champions were looking at relegation the year before last, and one player has turned them around. Top 8 me bollix.

redsetanta

Johnno is a big loss for Saturday. Hopefully Kingstons knock isn't too bad!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Ballyroan Abbey

Theres 27 clubs between senior and junior a, it makes absolutely no sense that 16 of them are senior, it actually devalues the status of been a senior club, at the moment despite the county final portlaoise are still ahead of the rest, one loss in 10 years doesnt change that, theres probably 2 or 3 teams a bit below them, after that everyone is on a simular level with no chance of competing, splitting the championship should give every club with something to play for and provide an ultra competitive second tier

High Fielder

And 5 teams in the first tier with no chance according to your own logic Ballyroan. And you still have the proportionately small amount of clubs in Intermediate and Junior. Change for changes sake. Achieves nothing except make the dinosaurs feel like their doing something.