Laois Senior Football 2017

Started by Tony, October 14, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Quote from: Laoiseabu on December 22, 2016, 01:29:45 PM
Limerick won by a few points and Laois had most of there first team out it would make you think

Ahh its very early days and all lads were out at the weekend....

I heard it was 16-14 did anyone play well ?
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Quote from: Laoiseabu on December 22, 2016, 01:29:45 PM
Limerick won by a few points and Laois had most of there first team out it would make you think
make you think what? that it's not even the new year yet? I wouldn't think a whole lot about a christmas game before even the o'byrne cup has started now myself.

Laoiseabu

Tony , there is no magic cure your trying to make yourself believe that a miracle will happen it doesn't work like that unfortunately. A lot of the lads that were playing against Limerick don't even play well for their clubs. Limerick are in division 4. But their is good news , I can tell you that somewhere in this county ( not mentioning any clubs )there is hidden gems that aren't even recognised by their own clubs yet that are waiting to explode on the scene in the near future I have been informed by a reliable source. Someone of the Kingston / OCarroll type

BallyroanAbu

Some on here think Laois are going to improve all of a sudden it's taken 4 years to get to here not even sure if we are at bottom, but if improvements do come they will be small and we just have to get some consistency.

Laoiseabu

A lot of our core players are moving on and a lot of new lads that are being tried out are a waste of time if I'm being honest. A few new lads would want to stand up soon and I'm not talkin bout Mickey Mouse Obyrne cup players I'm talkin bout proper county standard MEN!!

Tony

I never said we're going to improve all of a sudden but i certainly believe we have a decent background set-up this year. I believe having a good background set-up is vital for the teams's performance (just like any county) so I'm looking forward to the season but it remains to be seen if we will improve. My earlier post was in relation to someone judging the team's potential based on a Christmas Challenge game, which I think we can all agree is a little premature. Let's see how they're going by League time anyway.

gaastats

Did you know that Laois are in the top-11 scoring counties in SFC history?

Tony

The top 33%? Wow, so high. In a province that has the most counties, the most matches, so statistically will have higher scoring teams? That's so unbelievable.

gaastats

Quote from: Tony on December 27, 2016, 09:06:53 PM
The top 33%? Wow, so high. In a province that has the most counties, the most matches, so statistically will have higher scoring teams? That's so unbelievable.

Knob.

Laois are the only non-All Ireland winning team in the top-11 and are one of only 4 Leinster teams.

If being a Leinster team was a pre-requisite, there are 8 other counties that should stake a claim.

Tony

Wow, in the top 4 in Leinster? With giants such as Carlow, Longford, Westmeath, Wicklow, Louth and my all time favourite, Kilkenny in there  :o? You really are an interesting stat man; my mind is officially blown. Any more interesting facts? Maybe Galway are in the top 3 highest scoring in Connaught of all time, and maybe Derry are in the top 4 in Ulster?!

I'm sure your intentions are good but so far the stats aren't interesting, just very plausible. Anyway I'm sure you've some good ones so i'll get off your back and happy new year.

tcrilly

Laois pissed its so called golden generation through the cracks, tipp got further on the back of one all ireland win than we did in the 4 years or so we flirted with the eliete... cb still a sense of delusion that were good

SCFC

Quote from: tcrilly on December 28, 2016, 11:21:04 AM
Laois pissed its so called golden generation through the cracks, tipp got further on the back of one all ireland win than we did in the 4 years or so we flirted with the eliete... cb still a sense of delusion that were good
To be fair we got a provincial title out of it. Tipp didn't. Yet.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: gaastats on December 27, 2016, 01:25:01 PM
Did you know that Laois are in the top-11 scoring counties in SFC history?
Who are the all time top scorers?
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Don Draper

That golden generation pissed a fair bit away as they'll admit themselves. But its good to know Offaly men were watching.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on December 28, 2016, 04:27:17 PM
That golden generation pissed a fair bit away as they'll admit themselves. But its good to know Offaly men were watching.

I reckon he's closer to home than you think  ;D
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......