Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tones

A friend of mind works dealing with benefit claims, she does England mostly, she says it's amazing how rude these folk are, how clued in they are, how persistent they are, how confrontational they are, she says when she clearly identifies fraud and passes it to her line manager more than not it is ignored - no wonder the country if fucked!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tones on Today at 09:46:23 AMA friend of mind works dealing with benefit claims, she does England mostly, she says it's amazing how rude these folk are, how clued in they are, how persistent they are, how confrontational they are, she says when she clearly identifies fraud and passes it to her line manager more than not it is ignored - no wonder the country if fucked!

I've said before, these people work dam hard at not working, the levels of understanding the benefit system is way above the actual people working in it

I remember being at a garage on the Shankill years ago, guy was filling up his rather new BMW, he was chatting away to a fella in the shop telling him he was heading to the dole who were interviewing him for the DLA renewal.

He was basically covered in shit, clothes were hanging on him and he smelt of booze, told him that it works every time and they never keep more than 5 minutes due to the smell.

This isn't taking away from multi national companies not paying full tax btw  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Scarlet

A good few years ago the place I worled shit suddenly so signed on for the first time locally. In the office this woman may as well have been working there as she informed everyone of all the benefits.

Another person she knew wandered over to the job bank machine, and asked her how to use it - no clue! Kinda summed it up.

I know there are people who need it and there are plenty who need a lot of support to get back to work, but there are plenty who just aren't arsed and laugh at people heading to work.

The mad thing is in some cases they make it very hard for people who want to get going again and they are better off just going full dole merchant.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

LC

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 10:32:22 AM
Quote from: Tones on Today at 09:46:23 AMA friend of mind works dealing with benefit claims, she does England mostly, she says it's amazing how rude these folk are, how clued in they are, how persistent they are, how confrontational they are, she says when she clearly identifies fraud and passes it to her line manager more than not it is ignored - no wonder the country if fucked!

I've said before, these people work dam hard at not working, the levels of understanding the benefit system is way above the actual people working in it

I remember being at a garage on the Shankill years ago, guy was filling up his rather new BMW, he was chatting away to a fella in the shop telling him he was heading to the dole who were interviewing him for the DLA renewal.

He was basically covered in shit, clothes were hanging on him and he smelt of booze, told him that it works every time and they never keep more than 5 minutes due to the smell.

This isn't taking away from multi national companies not paying full tax btw  ;)

No fan of them but at least they contribute something in terms of jobs etc.  Your man in the Shankhill along with many other similar people in the supposed 'working class areas' contribute sweet FA.  It is people like this who clog up the NHS as well.