The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Hound on August 17, 2022, 12:51:18 PM
Thought Klopp made a huge mistake playing Milner instead of Hendo. Absolutely no need for it at this stage of the season and it was clear Hendo was flying fit when he came on. Fab nearly as bad as Milner in the first half.

I wouldn't be blaming Phillips at all. He mostly did fine. We give up chances like that in every single game, he was onside by a whisker, and it was a really top class finish by Zaha.

Harvey Elliott was very good I thought. Hopefully this signals a run of games for him.

But needless pressure stoked onto us now for Monday.
Nonsense.
Milner deserved to start. Henderson was shocking against Fulham. People play the James Milner scapegoat card too often and blindly these days for some reason. Never really lets us down.
Phillips was a headless chicken too. Why he's trying to step up and press passes into strikers feet when their backs are to goal and getting done in behind is madness, you probably wouldnt see it at irish league level. We can agree on Elliott. First name in midfield from now on.

laoislad

Not looking forward to or that confident about tonight. Haven't been impressed with Liverpool at all so far.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on August 22, 2022, 06:55:38 PM
Not looking forward to or that confident about tonight. Haven't been impressed with Liverpool at all so far.

+1 ................................. all set up for an ambush!

gawa316

Fab on bench...with Milner starting.

Utd going with lots of pace up top

Hound

Fab was poor v Palace, but so was Milner and I never like Milner and Hendo playing together. United have a lot of potential in midfield, but most of them are poor defensively and can't help thinking we're giving them a chance.
Maybe the idea is to leave Elliott in the middle, so we'll see.
Most important is we cut out the sloppiness and anything other than a win will be a big setback.

RedHand88

Quote from: gawa316 on August 22, 2022, 07:04:19 PM

Milner the only one who seems to care at the minute.

Hound

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 22, 2022, 08:25:55 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 22, 2022, 07:04:19 PM

Milner the only one who seems to care at the minute.
Care me ballix though. He's ended more Liverpool moves than any United player. We have finally started to play a bit but need to keep the ball away from Milner.

J70

Very poor first half hour from Liverpool.  Defense all over the shop, midfield not coping with United intensity.

At least last 15 they started to put a few moves together and actually keep the ball.

Still all to play for, but I'm not sure the options are there on the bench to both keep United out and score a goal or two.

Might precipitate FSG to get the cheque book out. Midfield needs reinforcements.

laoislad

Pure dirt that was, and f**k all on the bench to change it.
Never mind the second half, this could be a very long season as a Liverpool fan and not for the right reasons!

north_antrim_hound

Terrible stuff, how we are only one down is beyond me.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

J70

Van Dijk was brutal on the goal.

Sancho took it superbly, but he had all the time in the world to pick his spot. Like a five a side goal.

Salah tried similar, but in his case, Martinez threw himself at the shot to make a great block.

laoislad

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 22, 2022, 08:53:38 PM
Terrible stuff, how we are only one down is beyond me.
About the only positive from that half is that we are only one down because we should be more down.
I would bite your hand off right now for a 1-1 draw.

laoislad

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on August 22, 2022, 09:11:37 PM
I'd bite your hand off for a 2-2

You should be happy enough it's only 2-0... Jesus I hope this isn't the start of these pricks back again!

screenexile

Wouldn't mind seeing that VAR again I thought Rashford was offside and they were very quick to give it!