Quote from: Blowitupref on November 15, 2022, 11:27:37 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 15, 2022, 11:14:09 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 15, 2022, 11:03:38 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 15, 2022, 09:43:33 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 15, 2022, 05:42:32 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 15, 2022, 10:37:37 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 15, 2022, 09:09:36 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 15, 2022, 09:00:54 AM
Footage of Fernandez kind of ghosting him on International duty. A few interesting conversations there. Airing your dirty laundry on the Piers Morgan (of all people) show was wrong. Having a go at the top brass fair enough but including ETH has mean't he has lost support from most? As said before it would be different if he was banging them in.
Yeah if he was 10 years younger and at his best people might pick him over ETH but at this stage it's clear Ten Haag is the future and seems to be building something, no brainer back him over the 37 year old
His age is irrelevant.
He turns 38 in a couple of months his age would be very relevant.
No it isn't.
His age has absolutely nothing to do with the interview or what he says in the interview.
Yes it is.

Would be no interview at at if Ronaldo was a regular starter and still scoring goals for fun. Age catches up with everyone.
No it isn't.
He's not doing an interview to yap about not starting either. You're using his age as a cop out to excuse everything he says. You'd be outraged if he was 27 but because he's 37 nobody give a f**k. Only when it suits you.
Yes it is.

I'd pay about as much attention to that interview fronted by Piers Morgan as I would Donald Trump on Fox News.

Knock yourself out if seriously think any interview would be happening if Ronaldo was even in last years form and starting regularly.   
No it isn't.
You seem to be paying a lot of attention to it anyway.
He was very critical last year also, even when he was playing regularly, so he's just not throwing the toys out of the pram now, which puts to bed that cop out argument from United fans as well.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 15, 2022, 11:31:51 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 15, 2022, 11:17:29 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 15, 2022, 11:13:55 PM
His age is completely relevant. The power dynamic has shifted against him and clearly he is not adjusting his expectations. Something has to give.
Punching your boss in order to get sacked at age 35 vs. doing the same thing aged 65 are not the same scenario.
It's not. It's not about a "power dynamic". Not sure where you're going with the punching your boss in order to get sacked analogy either. Player does an interview to air his grievances, as they often do, and United fans say ah f**k him and excuse it because hes 37. Tunes have fairly changed. Laughable 😂
Who's excusing it? It's clear he's gone
Excusing and basically disregarding everything he says by using the age and throwing the toys out of the pram argument as he's not playing. Cop out

Blowitupref

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 15, 2022, 11:35:01 PM

No it isn’t.
You seem to be paying a lot of attention to it anyway.
He was very critical last year also, even when he was playing regularly, so he’s just not throwing the toys out of the pram now, which puts to bed that cop out argument from United fans as well.

Not a lot, just paying about as much attention as I would with any interview from Trump while realising the make up for the individuals involved.  Might have missed it but I don't recall any similar interview last year.  As I said already Knock yourself out on what you want to believe.   
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

The only ones that seem very concerned are other supporters, most sensible people see it as someone who has thrown the toys out of the pram and has aired his issues to the worst interviewer on TV, very badly advised and completely wrong and anyone that expects to dish their employers and come back from that is crazy.

Regardless of how the Glazers run their business the new manager has been given a job and he feels Ronaldo isn't part of his main plans. It happens, regardless of age, its always been about form, if a player is good enough you play them whether he's 18 or 40..

I'll not be watching the interview, but no doubt I'll hear about it here from Liverpool supporters  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Was thinking... IF and I know it's a big IF but..... If he turns Utd toxic that no players are willing to sign and the club is a viewed worldwide as a shithole (maybe it is already) that the Glazers cut and sell then it will be worthwhile. Clutching at straws I know.

NAG1

It has been said here before on these interviews.

No one is shocked by what he has said about the club in general, the lack of investment behind the scenes, the lack of forward progress/ planning. All Utd fans knew these were issues and have been for a long time and part of the reasons the success has dried up. So there is absolutely no issue on him calling the club out on these things and in fact most fans would have been happy to hear this.

However when he went after ETH he crossed the line, it comes across as sour grapes because he doesnt fit into the plans of the current manager. Fans are finally seeing a structure and plan from the manager and more inclined to back him over a player who hasn't shown any kind of form this season.

Time for him to move on, shame the way it has ended but that's life at times.

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on November 16, 2022, 09:16:36 AM

No one is shocked by what he has said about the club in general, the lack of investment behind the scenes, the lack of forward progress/ planning. All Utd fans knew these were issues and have been for a long time and part of the reasons the success has dried up. So there is absolutely no issue on him calling the club out on these things and in fact most fans would have been happy to hear this.

However when he went after ETH he crossed the line, it comes across as sour grapes because he doesnt fit into the plans of the current manager. Fans are finally seeing a structure and plan from the manager and more inclined to back him over a player who hasn't shown any kind of form this season.

Agree 100%. Slamming ETH was unforgivable, the rest was fair enough.

tonto1888

wasnt an interview part of the reason Keane left United

Gael80

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 16, 2022, 09:34:08 AM

Keane was a legend at United and still is; Ronaldo is likely to remain so when things settle. It was time for Keane to move on, his career and what United achieved in the years after his departure proved it was the right decision at the time, he couldn't remain there not being first choice.

It's clear Ronaldo is now at a similar stage and cannot play every minute of every game or be first choice. So yes as Keane an interview will probably end his career at United but it's Man Utd who will be stronger for his departure as I'd expect the whole squad dynamics to change.

JimStynes

Quote from: thewobbler on November 15, 2022, 10:31:03 PM
His age is absolutely relevant.

A peak or near-peak Ronaldo, driven by success, improves every team in the history of the world.

An end-of-career Ronaldo, driven solely by extending his personal goalscoring feats, weakens any PL side with serious goals of playing CL football.

Sure he was their player of the year and top scorer last year. Finished near the top of the PFA player of the year awards too did he not?

Armagh18

Quote from: Gael80 on November 16, 2022, 09:43:40 AM

Keane was a legend at United and still is; Ronaldo is likely to remain so when things settle. It was time for Keane to move on, his career and what United achieved in the years after his departure proved it was the right decision at the time, he couldn't remain there not being first choice.

It's clear Ronaldo is now at a similar stage and cannot play every minute of every game or be first choice. So yes as Keane, Ronaldo will now move on and Man Utd will be stronger for his departure as I'd expect the whole squad dynamics to change.
Yeah 2 of my favourite ever players and both ending their careers on a sour note at United, but both undoubtedly 2 of the best to ever do it.

trailer

Well put.

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 16, 2022, 09:47:00 AM

It's clear Ronaldo is now at a similar stage and cannot play every minute of every game or be first choice. So yes as Keane, Ronaldo will now move on and Man Utd will be stronger for his departure as I'd expect the whole squad dynamics to change.
Yeah 2 of my favourite ever players and both ending their careers on a sour note at United, but both undoubtedly 2 of the best to ever do it.

Most players end their Utd careers on a sour note. RVN, Stam, Robson, Keane, Hughes, even Rooney fell out with Fergie at the finish.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on November 16, 2022, 10:54:19 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 16, 2022, 09:47:00 AM

Most players end their Utd careers on a sour note. RVN, Stam, Robson, Keane, Hughes, even Rooney fell out with Fergie at the finish.
True. All still legends.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 16, 2022, 09:26:04 AM

Agree 100%. Slamming ETH was unforgivable, the rest was fair enough.
Had a cheap shot at Rangnick. Same with Rooney- only reason Utd's record goal scorer commented was because he's fat and ugly and jealous of the beautiful Ron, but of course he'd never say that wink wink. Pundits same- nothing to do with the fact it being their job to comment on football stories, no they comment on me me me me me me to become famous because I'm the most famous person ever blah blah blah. The interview , bits I've seen anyway are an embarrassment and show a total lack of class.