Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 10, 2022, 09:52:36 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 10, 2022, 09:28:42 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 10, 2022, 09:22:21 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 10, 2022, 09:04:06 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 10, 2022, 09:00:42 PM
Missed opportunity for England to win tonight and the World Cup. Also left the Euros behind them last summer and that's what happens when managed by average manager in Southgate.

Southgate gets away with murder. Noone judges him the euros were fine but 2018 they were dreadful stumbled into SF and the whole country lost all reason. This time round lose again against the first actual team they meet

More knockout wins than previous 9 managers combined unless i heard the stat wrong

That must be horse shit

Was half listenin, sometime i must checkout.
Its a poisoned chalice hes done as well as he could imo but his record stands up well against capello eriksen, far loftier names. Seems a decent spud too. But anyways..

Between 1968 and 2016 England won 6 knockout games. Same as Southgate 2018 to 2022 (i didnt go looking this i promise lol it popped up on me twitter) id say this relates to the 9 managers stat...

From the Bunker

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 12, 2022, 08:37:09 PM
Missed opportunity for England to win tonight and the World Cup. Also left the Euros behind them last summer and that's what happens when managed by average manager in Southgate.

Southgate gets away with murder. Noone judges him the euros were fine but 2018 they were dreadful stumbled into SF and the whole country lost all reason. This time round lose again against the first actual team they meet

More knockout wins than previous 9 managers combined unless i heard the stat wrong

That must be horse shit

Its a poisoned chalice hes done as well as he could imo but his record stands up well against capello eriksen, far loftier names. Seems a decent spud too. But anyways..

Between 1968 and 2016 England won 6 knockout games. Same as Southgate 2018 to 2022 (i didnt go looking this i promise lol it popped up on me twitter) id say this relates to the 9 managers stat...

England did not qualify for the 1974, 1978 and 1994 world cups and for 1964, 1972, 1976, 1984 and 2008 Euros.

It's amazing that when their clubs were winning European Cups for fun, they were in limbo internationally.

quit yo jibbajabba

Thought that meself on some those years Bunker suppose it shows ye how "facts" can be manipulated. Suppose its true to an extent.

An 8 team Euros was a tough one to get into, shows ye where they were at for plenty of years too

From the Bunker

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 12, 2022, 09:02:49 PM
Thought that meself on some those years Bunker suppose it shows ye how "facts" can be manipulated. Suppose its true to an extent.

An 8 team Euros was a tough one to get into, shows ye where they were at for plenty of years too

Liverpool who were the team at the time. Had only one starter in their first game in 1982 WC v France - Phil Thompson.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Kidder81

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on December 12, 2022, 09:17:28 PM
Kerry have won no World Cups
How many would Dublin have if they got the chance

Captain Scarlet

No Kante, Pogba (who actually does a job for France) and Benzema and they should still win it.
That is some going.

England need some proper defenders with pace. Their whole setup seems to be based on covering two centre backs.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Wildweasel74

Pogba no loss for them to be honest.

AustinPowers

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 12, 2022, 08:56:09 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 12, 2022, 08:37:09 PM

That must be horse shit

England did not qualify for the 1974, 1978 and 1994 world cups and for 1964, 1972, 1976, 1984 and 2008 Euros.

It's amazing that when their clubs were winning European Cups for fun, they were in limbo internationally.

That's mad really . So they missed 6 tournaments out of 11, in a 20 year period , and technically they only  properly  qualified  for 1 World Cup (1982)  in that time

Gabriel_Hurl

if they played in 5 of the tournaments - how did they only qualify once?  :-\

Eire90

Euros in the 60s and 70s only had 4 teams after qualifying i think the first couple of euros were basically same format as the old european cup a open draw two leg knockout then in the case of the euros the last  4 went into a single leg tournament in one country,

Main Street

Some are still fixated on England?? England are beaten, gone home  after having achieved a bit part in the history of WC2022.

I heard some reported comments that the players want to go on and win the cup for Messi. That's sentimental nonsense, rather it's about time that Messi and the other players win it for Argentina. That's honor enough. Messi has underperformed in previous WC tournaments.

imtommygunn

What's the story with portugal and the ref against Morocco? Portugal seemed to think the ref shafted them because he was argentinian. Why would he do that??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 13, 2022, 09:35:50 AM
What's the story with portugal and the ref against Morocco? Portugal seemed to think the ref shafted them because he was argentinian. Why would he do that??

Deflection from a poor performance, they knew before the game he was from Argentina, plenty of time to object then, but sure it was only Morocco and probably thought it was handy one..

Out along with England, complaining about the ref's as well, hard to take their own performance, far easier to get a scapegoat..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea