Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

I have never seen as much coverage and gnashing of teeth (on here too) about something so inconsequential. A f**king tweet  :o

Milltown Row2

If it was inconsequential then the BBC should've just ignored it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: whitey on March 11, 2023, 01:06:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2023, 12:37:12 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 11, 2023, 12:35:19 PM
He's entitled to his opinion while at the same time accepting an annual salary of £1.2M from the government/taxpayer.

If I publicly criticized my employer in the manner he did I'd be fired by the end of the day

That is also true, and if your criticism is correct you'll have enough people supporting you.

Who gets to decide if it's a correct or incorrect opinion?

Is British public opinion on the side of the govt or on Linekers side as it pertains to the "small boat strategy"?

I find this a handy way of knowing....

If you're on the side of the DUP then it's wrong and you're quite possibly a ****. If you're on the opposite side to the DUP then you're probably grand and dead on.

Gmac

smelmoth

Quote from: Gmac on March 11, 2023, 02:14:59 PM
Was Gary at the World Cup ?

He was. He even expressed a few. Which was fine. Now some people think it's not fine. Sports fans hate inconsistency

smelmoth

He's entitled to his opinion while at the same time accepting an annual salary of £1.2M from the government/taxpayer.

If I publicly criticized my employer in the manner he did I'd be fired by the end of the day

That is also true, and if your criticism is correct you'll have enough people supporting you.

Is British public opinion on the side of the govt or on Linekers side as it pertains to the "small boat strategy"?

His "opinion" that the language was not too dissimilar to that used in Germany in the 1930s has been proven to be correct. So you don't need to worry

Mike Tyson

Quote from: laoislad on March 11, 2023, 12:33:50 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 11, 2023, 12:13:46 PM
Virtually no football coverage now across all platforms today now. What a c**k up by the BBC.
Man United fans wishing it happened last weekend  ;D

And Liverpool fans glad it happened today! ;D

laoislad

Quote from: Mike Tyson on March 11, 2023, 02:29:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 11, 2023, 12:33:50 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 11, 2023, 12:13:46 PM
Virtually no football coverage now across all platforms today now. What a c**k up by the BBC.
Man United fans wishing it happened last weekend  ;D

And Liverpool fans glad it happened today! ;D
Touché!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

whitey

Quote from: trailer on March 11, 2023, 01:48:29 PM

I find this a handy way of knowing....

If you're on the side of the DUP then it's wrong and you're quite possibly a ****. If you're on the opposite side to the DUP then you're probably grand and dead on.

What does English public opinion say on the matter?

They're the one paying his wages

grounded

BBC right to suspend Gary Lineker - Phones 4U founder
Someone who has come out in support of the BBC is billionaire and philanthropist John Caudwell.

He is well known as the founder of former retailer Phones 4U, and is a major donor to the Conservative party - he gave the Tories £500,000 ahead of the 2019 general election.

Writing on Twitter, Caudwell says the "circus" around Lineker "distracts from the real issues with refugees".

"It's fine to have an opinion and express it in a fair way," he says.

"But as British taxpayers pay his salary, he should be promoting Britain not comparing the country to Nazi Germany.

"That's unpatriotic and damaging to Britain's image!"

Louther

I'm it's a coincidence but starting on RTE2 at 8pm is "Rise of the Nazis" a documentary about how Hitler and the Nazis rose to power in the 30s, some here could well do with watching. ;D

It's followed by a great WW2 film "Inglorious Basterds"

It's followed by film "Breakfast on Pluto" which really will boil someones piss on here.

Wildweasel74

Watching it for a long time, maybe plenty should watch it as I feel today's youth know little of detailed history.

Hoof Hearted

I think the BBC could be on to a winner here
Just action and not one fuckin word, it was class
Look how much money they would save
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

RedHand88

Milltown Row2

Never watch pundits if I can help it. Generally using that period to do something else!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea