Tyrone Get Stormont Invitation

Started by thejuice, January 08, 2009, 12:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

QuoteTHE NATIONALIST community was angered last September when DUP Minister for Culture, Arts and Leisure Gregory Campbell deemed last year's All-Ireland final as an "international" event but any lingering resentment on this issue should be dissolved by next month's special reception for the Tyrone footballers in the Grand Hall at Stormont parliament buildings.

The Tyrone senior and minor All-Ireland winning panels have been invited to Stormont on February 6th as guests of honour at an official reception, hosted by Campbell, to recognise their success in 2008.

The Armagh and Tyrone teams attended Stormont in similar capacities after their breakthrough All-Ireland titles in 2002 and 2003.

This event was supposed to take place back in November but the Tyrone players were unavailable and while "the invitation does appear terribly late, this is the next available date from Gregory Campbell's office", said full-time Tyrone secretary Dominic McCaughey.

Full Story:  http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/0108/1230936761466.html

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Zapatista

I'll bet they don't get the good china out for them.

Maguire01

Quote from: Zapatista on January 08, 2009, 12:49:32 PM
I'll bet they don't get the good china out for them.
I'm sure that's very important to the teams!

corn02

What's the big deal, they got in 05 too, not sure about 03 - well deserved.

kevmy

The big deal is that it's in the North where you can't take a piss without it being agreed before hand by the lads in Stormont.

thejuice

I just hope Gregory isnt too upset if they lose the 'international' game the week before against Dublin.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016