Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: maigheo on October 20, 2015, 11:48:59 PM
Wondering what people thought of Mike Connellys statement at the county board meeting last night.Does not reflect too well on the players if they would not give reasons to H and C for the no confidence vote.

Which would you rather, that the players now give every single reason publicly, and humiliate two decent men in the process, or simply accept that they lost the dressing room and move on from here?

I think the players have handled this as well as they could. They wanted change, but they have kept their mouths shut, which has severely limited the amount of column inches and thus damage.

All of the information in the public domain appears to me to be coming from the same area as those now criticising all the 'talk'.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

As much as I blame the co board, having read the full statement, I find myself agreeing (believing) Mike Connelly's version of the 'bombshell'. Especially when the Ballintubber delegate couldn't define the problems. In saying all that, what's done is done and I think we should all move on and hope the new man in will keep us competitive at the top level.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 21, 2015, 05:37:00 PM
As much as I blame the co board, having read the full statement, I find myself agreeing (believing) Mike Connelly's version of the 'bombshell'. Especially when the Ballintubber delegate couldn't define the problems. In saying all that, what's done is done and I think we should all move on and hope the new man in will keep us competitive at the top level.

I wouldn't disagree with this. But the end of his statement appears to paint himself and others on the Executive as the victims.

The victims are Pat and Noel.

Any demand for answers risks putting the boot in even more. The demand for answers also reads to me as a request for something that can be torn apart. That will benefit neither the players nor Pat & Noel in my opinion. So who is it for?
MWWSI 2017

maigheo

I for one think that the reasons for the player  revolt should not be made public but I assumed that the players gave there reasons to H and C but according to Mike Connelly that is not the case.Anyways it is over and done with and lets move on before the Rossies come on here giving us all kinds of advice >:( >:(

Nihilist

Personally I think the details of the revolt are well known within a small camp. And these grievances are a lot to do with the CB who in turn don't want them aired publicly. The problem with that and this "charter" is that we don't or won't ever know if there is any proper resolution to the issues raised.

Farrandeelin

Anybody else being following the Mayogaablog, well we all are from one stage to another, but what the hell is going on with posts been deleted and removed? It seems that 'differing' opinions are not allowed.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 28, 2015, 09:36:43 PM
Anybody else being following the Mayogaablog, well we all are from one stage to another, but what the hell is going on with posts been deleted and removed? It seems that 'differing' opinions are not allowed.

just had a look after you posted the above. I don t think it's a case of 'differing' opinions not being allowed but that some posters were getting abusive towards other posters. Fair enough imo.

Some polarised views and some people get awful het up. The reality is that by the time doul FBD starts supporters will be focused on players and team performances again.

maigheo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 28, 2015, 09:36:43 PM
Wouldnt waist my time posting there .Not much better than the Hogan Stand

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Red

Quote from: highorlow on November 03, 2015, 04:51:28 PM
Rochford it is then.

Back to the football.

It seems that way but I'd imagine there will be a degree of horse trading over the set up he might want in place. Budgets will still dictate to a certain extent what happens next and what shape his management team and approach will take.
Either way Mayo are still a good team with room for improvement and he has demonstrated he can get a lot out of his panel.

highorlow

muppet

Quote from: highorlow on November 26, 2015, 10:28:21 AM
Looks like McEntee is on board now.

The lads have no excuse this year.

http://www.balls.ie/gaa/stephen-rochford-has-finalised-his-very-impressive-looking-backroom-team/317355

Buckley, Solan, Duffy & Horan, along with two selectors Carey & Tony McEntee.

Where are the other 14 'backroom team members'?
MWWSI 2017

highorlow

QuoteWhere are the other 14 'backroom team members'?

The stats man should be able to tell you that.

runs

saffronandblue

Thinking of going to Ruislip for the London game on May 29th.  Anyone know if the time is set for the game yet? If anyone knows where the best spot would be to stay on the 29th for a bit of banter and craic it would be appreciated.

ballinaman

Watched the live stream of Aghamore vs Moy Davitts in the U21 A final last night in Bekhan.

Aghamore were very impressive, James Lyons, Ross Egan, Sean Og Tigue and Fergal Boland to name a few looked seriously sharp. A well coached side