Armagh v Galway (Sat 11-07-15)

Started by illdecide, June 29, 2015, 04:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

So lets get it started...

Armagh 2-15 Galway 2-14
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Oraisteach

2-13 of which by Jamie Clarke?  I'd go with Armagh 2-10. Galway 1-13, a draw.  I'd say if we don't get a couple of goals our goose is cooked on an 11th Night bonfire.

AZOffaly

Galway will be very loose. It depends whether Armagh will close them down. I think Galway will need a big score to win the game, maybe 2-10 or 2-12, something like that.

Orior

Our best tactic will be to play the Orange card. If they win, the Tribesmen might have two tribes chasing them out.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Galway pushed Mayo all the way and their victory over Armagh two seasons ago will mean they won't have any fear.50/50 game,and Armagh need a top class performance

Syferus

Galway in no way pushed Mayo all the way.

T Fearon

Well a 4 point defeat is hardly a rout.In any event this is an ideal opportunity for Galway fans to see the game and visit the newly opened Orange Order museum in Loughgall,the birthplace of Orangeism,a mere 5 miles from Armagh City.

rodney trotter

Galway lost their way after the howler  by the Galway goalie. They were right in the game until then.

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 29, 2015, 08:06:08 PM
Galway lost their way after the howler  by the Galway goalie. They were right in the game until then.

Which happened with 30 minutes left. They'd needed the Sice wonder goal before half-time to stop the rot too.

Hard to know who will win this. Very hard to judge Armagh after that Donegal match. Galway have been more consistent I guess but having to travel to Armagh will probably count for something.

GalwayBayBoy

Galway have a good record against Armagh but no doubt it's one of the toughest draws we could have got in the tougher half of the qualifier draw. If the game was at home I'd be fairly confident but up there it's a bit of a coin flip.

Thought we competed well and were right in the game against Mayo until Breathnach's howler which gave Mayo the cushion they needed to see out the game. Remains to be seen if we can reach that level again in a qualifier rather than a local derby.

Maroon Manc

2nd toughest draw we could have got and Galways form on the road is certainly a cause for concern.

I never understood why so many were tipping Armagh to beat Donegal although their wont be a repeat of that performace again. If Galway can play with the same intensity that they did against Mayo and use their heads more then I'd expect to win. I'd like to think we'd have a plan in place to stop Clarke although Armagh won't set out the way Mayo did. In theory our midfield won't struggle as much as it did the last day and should win more primary possession.

Any news on Shane Walsh?

T Fearon

Toughest draw Armagh could have got too,apart from an away trip to Galway.Meath and Wexford would have been my preferences.Galway must start as favourites

ONeill

Ach sure Antrim bate them a couple of years ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: T Fearon on June 29, 2015, 10:11:49 PM
Toughest draw Armagh could have got too,apart from an away trip to Galway.Meath and Wexford would have been my preferences.Galway must start as favourites

Bookies don't agree, Armagh 4/6 with Galway 6/4 in most places.

I feel Galway have progressed this year although they could go out in the 2nd round of the qualifies whilst we were in a quarter final last year which was certainly down to the lucky draw we got.

In theory Galway could have to beat Armagh, Tyrone/Derry & Monaghan to make the quarter finals and the same goes for Armagh.

I imagine their won't be many changes from the last day although Patrick Sweeney will be very lucky to get the start ahead of O'Griofa. The other big issue is where to play Conroy, his form is a worry. I prefer Flynn in midfield, his running adds a different dimension when we attack.

From the Bunker

Hard to know where both these teams lie. Galway were still a good bit off Mayo again this year (and I'm being diplomatic there). Armagh were humiliated by Donegal. Boys and Men stuff! I'd only fancy Armagh on the basis they have had an in between game to sort out the cobwebs and they are playing at home. Galway on the road especially across the shannon are a disaster. Because of the traditional background of both teams, who ever wins will get a lift even though it's not the scalp of former years.