Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Years

Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 12:19:55 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on August 05, 2019, 10:44:53 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 05, 2019, 09:59:01 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on August 02, 2019, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on August 02, 2019, 03:48:58 PM
I could see Benny Gallen starting tomorrow for sure. Maybe give Aidy McCrory a final run out as well.

There is absolutely not doubt aidan McCrory will play tomorrow and unless he retires he'll still be there next year as well!

I hate the way a loyal servant like McRory gets such a hard time on here. I wouldn't start him but he's a good man to have about the panel. If all the players had his attitude we'd be a lot better of and wouldn't have boys walking off panels mid season.

He didn't look out of his depth yesterday and did fairly well. Worked hard got forward to set up scoring chances on a few occasions and still got back and stuck in at the back.

The man is dirt.  Shouldnt be there.  Plenty of better players around the county never got the chances that man got.

There's been worse players on the panel than McCrory over the past few years.

Name them?  The man could barely give a 20 yard kick pass. 

Moonshine

Quote from: The Golden Years on August 05, 2019, 03:46:11 PM
I could see Benny Gallen starting tomorrow for sure. Maybe give Aidy McCrory a final run out as well.

There is absolutely not doubt aidan McCrory will play tomorrow and unless he retires he'll still be there next year as well!

I hate the way a loyal servant like McRory gets such a hard time on here. I wouldn't start him but he's a good man to have about the panel. If all the players had his attitude we'd be a lot better of and wouldn't have boys walking off panels mid season.

He didn't look out of his depth yesterday and did fairly well. Worked hard got forward to set up scoring chances on a few occasions and still got back and stuck in at the back.

The man is dirt.  Shouldnt be there.  Plenty of better players around the county never got the chances that man got.

Golden years you clearly are clueless. The man made several 20 yards passes yesterday comfortably The problem you have is he goes through a game unnoticed but do you realise when he does this generally his man is quiet too.. also calling him muck?? Give me other alternatives within the county at present? Outside Stephen mc Nally of coalisland mc crory is up there with top 10 defenders in Tyrone. And let's be honest hes as good as hugh pat ciaran mc lauglin

Angelo

Quote from: Localexpert on August 05, 2019, 01:38:36 PM

There's also many better players who didn't get a look in because they didn't share a similar postcode to der fuhrer. 

Like who?

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: The Golden Years on August 05, 2019, 03:46:11 PM

Neither can former footballer of the year Michael Darragh Macauley. Mickey McGee won an All Ireland with Tyrone and would barely play the ball at all but he was a very effective player. McCrory is not a flashy player but he's a reliable and dependable player who doesn't not deserve the vitriol put forward his way. As better players have emerged in the past few years, McCrory has found his game time more limited, he hasn't thrown a strop and ditched the panel mid season either.

Angelo

I also thought Ciaran McLaughlin and Liam Rafferty both did well yesterday and should be worth a run at corner back in the league next year if they can stay fit and healthy. Both might be lacking a little in height though. I also felt Grugan did quite well and would think he might have played his way into playing a part next weekend.

Localexpert

Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 07:17:58 PM

There's also many better players who didn't get a look in because they didn't share a similar postcode to der fuhrer. 

Like who?

anyone that can run at speed and solo the ball at the same time are instantly better footballers!

Angelo

Quote from: Localexpert on August 05, 2019, 08:00:07 PM

Like who?

anyone that can run at speed and solo the ball at the same time are instantly better footballers!

There were plenty of players who could run at speed and solo the ball better than Mickey McGee, if you ever played the game you might know that defenders are there to defend first and foremost.

Localexpert

Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 08:56:43 PM

Like who?

There were plenty of players who could run at speed and solo the ball better than Mickey McGee, if you ever played the game you might know that defenders are there to defend first and foremost.

I bow to your superior knowledge.  Since you are such an expert could you explain how he has played so many times for tyrone and stephen mcnally was overlooked? Which one of the two do you think is better?

Angelo

Quote from: Localexpert on August 05, 2019, 09:06:10 PM

Like who?

I bow to your superior knowledge.  Since you are such an expert could you explain how he has played so many times for tyrone and stephen mcnally was overlooked? Which one of the two do you think is better?

I think McNally is certainly worth a go but there are other defenders in the Tyrone panel that I think he may be worth a shot over other than McCrory, one of them is McNally's own team mate. He has played so many times as he has been dependable and one of our better players, we've had guys like Ryan McKenna, Ciaran McGinley, Dermy Carlin, Barry Tierney, PJ Quinn and a few others who regularly got time for Tyrone when McCrory has been in the squad. In that time McCrory established himself as one of Tyrone's best defenders which may have said it all about the state of football in Tyrone in that time. We've blooded some new players since then and McCrory has fallen down the pecking order.

Localexpert

Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 09:16:14 PM

Like who?

I think McNally is certainly worth a go but there are other defenders in the Tyrone panel that I think he may be worth a shot over other than McCrory, one of them is McNally's own team mate. He has played so many times as he has been dependable and one of our better players, we've had guys like Ryan McKenna, Ciaran McGinley, Dermy Carlin, Barry Tierney, PJ Quinn and a few others who regularly got time for Tyrone when McCrory has been in the squad. In that time McCrory established himself as one of Tyrone's best defenders which may have said it all about the state of football in Tyrone in that time. We've blooded some new players since then and McCrory has fallen down the pecking order.

That time has come and gone unfortunately as mcnally is in his 30s now.  If his club jersey had have had a bit more yellow and more white than blue he would have got the same chances aidan McCrory got. 

I'd hazard a guess there aren't many posters on this forum would take aidan McCrory over mackers to play for their club team in their upcoming championship campaigns. 

Angelo

Quote from: Localexpert on August 05, 2019, 09:34:03 PM

Like who?

That time has come and gone unfortunately as mcnally is in his 30s now.  If his club jersey had have had a bit more yellow and more white than blue he would have got the same chances aidan McCrory got. 

I'd hazard a guess there aren't many posters on this forum would take aidan McCrory over mackers to play for their club team in their upcoming championship campaigns.

There were worse players than McCrory getting picked in those years. It's a bit sad using McCrory to criticse Harte because he didn't pick one of your clubmen.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Localexpert on August 05, 2019, 09:34:03 PM

Like who?

Just like last week with the u20's it appears your only examples relate to your own club men. I don't think anyone would argue that McNally is a better all round footballer than McRory. However, he may not be a better disciplined marking defender than McRory.

Also McNally did get chances on the Tyrone team but at the time we were strong around the half back line and he didn't quite make it. He continued to improve as a club player and as far as I'm aware was asked back to trials/early season panels but declined the invitation. You can't play a man if he doesn't want to be there.

I don't think anyone watching the game on Sunday would have picked McRory out as the worst player on the pitch and that was against a decent Dublin forward line. The way people go on here you'd think he should have stood out a mile as being useless. Instead he was quite effective - disciplined defensively and offered support going forward. As I say I wouldn't have him on the Tyrone starting team but he's no where near as bad as is made out.

Moonshine

Local expert I said mc nally would be worth a punt but unfortunately hes a bit like yourself having a chip on your shoulder with a errigal man in charge of the team.

Aidan mc crory warranted his opportunity to be involved in tyrone setup over past 8 or 9 years as at club level he is whether you like it or not in you top 10 consistent club defenders. Alot of people could say local expert Brendan early wasnt in top 3 defenders in brackaville or big mc Gahan was  4th best forward in killyman. But they did ok for coalisland.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Moonshine on August 06, 2019, 08:34:09 AM

Local expert I said mc nally would be worth a punt but unfortunately hes a bit like yourself having a chip on your shoulder with a errigal man in charge of the team.

Aidan mc crory warranted his opportunity to be involved in tyrone setup over past 8 or 9 years as at club level he is whether you like it or not in you top 10 consistent club defenders. Alot of people could say local expert Brendan early wasnt in top 3 defenders in brackaville or big mc Gahan was  4th best forward in killyman. But they did ok for coalisland.

Are you serious?  Does being consistent warrant a county call up?  County footballers are the elite players within your county not the consistent ones.  Down the years we had a few of the top 10 consistent club players who never got call ups and to be honest i dont think they were county level. 

southtyronegael

Personally I just can't get the image of Aiden Mc crory turning his back to the ball when con o Callaghan was shooting for goal in the semi 2 years ago but that's done and dusted. Business end of the championship now so doubt we will see Mc crory again anyway. And for a poster to refer to a Tyrone player as 'dirt'  just because they think they aren't good enough is very unfair.