Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 04, 2018, 01:05:22 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on September 04, 2018, 12:10:26 PM
A bit of fresh blood is needed also, anyone on the Under 21s or who to look out for in the Club Championship?
The U20 team this year, although getting beat by Armagh, featured a number of strong physical attacking players who could maybe get call up with decent championship showings for their clubs.
Teirnan Drayne (Donaghmore) Mattie McGleenan (Eglish) Paul Donaghy (Edendork) Ryan Gray (Trillick).
Brian Kennedy from Derrylaughan could also be a useful addition around Midfield were there is a lack of depth.

Could be a good outlet at the edge of the square

Christmas Lights

Quote from: tyrone08 on September 04, 2018, 12:56:20 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 04, 2018, 12:44:13 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on September 04, 2018, 11:42:23 AM
So who will go from the panel this year. I would say McCarron McCrory R.O'Neill

Why would Ronan O'Neill go?  What age is he?

Ronan is still young but he has to be asking himself what is the point of staying around. I would doubt if he has clocked up more than 4 hours game time in a Tyrone jersey this year. McNulty may be another one, I dont think he has came on since he got sent off against Mayo.

Why would anyone stay on year after year of training and sacrifice to only get a few guest appearances all year.

Jesus he came on in an all Ireland final.  He isn't that far away like.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Under Lights on September 04, 2018, 02:30:43 PM
A bit of fresh blood is needed also, anyone on the Under 21s or who to look out for in the Club Championship?
The U20 team this year, although getting beat by Armagh, featured a number of strong physical attacking players who could maybe get call up with decent championship showings for their clubs.
Teirnan Drayne (Donaghmore) Mattie McGleenan (Eglish) Paul Donaghy (Edendork) Ryan Gray (Trillick).
Brian Kennedy from Derrylaughan could also be a useful addition around Midfield were there is a lack of depth.

Could be a good outlet at the edge of the square

He has serious pace when he opens up coming unto a ball. Still raw, but I would suggest he would need to be taken into the squad early to develop his decision making skills as he definitely has potential. Can't ignore his size also and is mobile.

tyrone08

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 04, 2018, 03:08:45 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on September 04, 2018, 12:56:20 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 04, 2018, 12:44:13 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on September 04, 2018, 11:42:23 AM
So who will go from the panel this year. I would say McCarron McCrory R.O'Neill

Why would Ronan O'Neill go?  What age is he?

Ronan is still young but he has to be asking himself what is the point of staying around. I would doubt if he has clocked up more than 4 hours game time in a Tyrone jersey this year. McNulty may be another one, I dont think he has came on since he got sent off against Mayo.

Why would anyone stay on year after year of training and sacrifice to only get a few guest appearances all year.

Jesus he came on in an all Ireland final.  He isn't that far away like.

Ach now. He came on because Mickey had literally no other attacking options. Do you think he brought him on to turn the match around? The game was over before he brought him on.

All I am saying is that it must be very difficult to train all year and only get a few minutes of game time here and there.

BennyHarp

Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 04, 2018, 01:36:28 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 04, 2018, 01:31:28 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 04, 2018, 01:17:52 PM

Is this kid not just U16? Would Daragh Canavan be ready for a call up? When you see the likes of Eoin Murchant and Brian Howard performing at the level they do at 19 we should be getting lads involved as early as possible. Mattie McGleenan is pushing it a bit though.  ;)

Is McGleenan not playing for Eglish seniors so must be around the 18 mark at least.

I was really impressed with Ciaran McLaughlin of Omagh any time I seen him.
I was referring to the U20 full forward. Starts for Eglish seniors as well. Think that was his last year of U20 football.

Sorry, my mistake...I must have been thinking of his brother Michael McGleenan, he's some prospect too.
That was never a square ball!!

Thebigdog

BREAKING NEWS! After last week's slurry spill that came off the back of a lorry in Aughnacloy, it has happened again! At the same Location on Monday evening when Tyrone Manager Mickey Harte claimed that he was the man that was gonna deliver Tyrone another All Ireland! Local butcher and Orange man Cecil Rodgerson stated "I wouldnt know a big pile about Gaelic football but the waft coming off the back of that lorry even I knew it wasn't right! Jaysus it was a tara hi!"

BennyHarp

Quote from: Thebigdog on September 05, 2018, 11:28:30 AM
BREAKING NEWS! After last week's slurry spill that came off the back of a lorry in Aughnacloy, it has happened again! At the same Location on Monday evening when Tyrone Manager Mickey Harte claimed that he was the man that was gonna deliver Tyrone another All Ireland! Local butcher and Orange man Cecil Rodgerson stated "I wouldnt know a big pile about Gaelic football but the waft coming off the back of that lorry even I knew it wasn't right! Jaysus it was a tara hi!"

So who is the man? We need to make sure he knows how to get the players hoofing the ball in about the house to the big man for starters.
That was never a square ball!!

GetOverTheBar

Unfortunately the final in the end kind of passed Tyrone by, it was a huge ask to begin with as almost we all acknowledged.

The really annoying thing from a Tyrone point of view is that our so called stellar players, the final passed them by even more glaringly - Peter Harte, Mattie Donnelly, Niall Sludden and Colm Cavanagh were very poor (who I pointed out that the Dubs target prior and after the Super 8 game). Obviously they were up against the best, but these were the guys that were meant to lead the charge and impose themselves. I thought R.Brennan done rightly and certainly you wouldn't be worried about throwing him into the starting team from here on. Mark Bradley as well.

Looking ahead, Tyrone are in a relatively decent place - Dublin can't and won't go forever. Mayo and Kerry have a new set up to come. Monaghan will be gutted - but will certainly be back next year almong the final 4 or so depending on the draw.

Up to Mickey Harte now to get out and look at the club championship, if Dublin can pull a Eoin Murchan out of nowhere to essentially kill an opposition player with his athleticism, Tyrone should be looking to invest in a few project players - we badly, badly need big men into that team in the forward line or at least big men able to sit in Midfield, not saying these guys need to play every game but horses for courses - Tyrone got the penalty from the most basic of tactics (never a penalty btw). These 'samey' type players are really not what we need going forward, every game.

trueblue1234

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 05, 2018, 02:03:51 PM
Unfortunately the final in the end kind of passed Tyrone by, it was a huge ask to begin with as almost we all acknowledged.

The really annoying thing from a Tyrone point of view is that our so called stellar players, the final passed them by even more glaringly - Peter Harte, Mattie Donnelly, Niall Sludden and Colm Cavanagh were very poor (who I pointed out that the Dubs target prior and after the Super 8 game). Obviously they were up against the best, but these were the guys that were meant to lead the charge and impose themselves. I thought R.Brennan done rightly and certainly you wouldn't be worried about throwing him into the starting team from here on. Mark Bradley as well.

Looking ahead, Tyrone are in a relatively decent place - Dublin can't and won't go forever. Mayo and Kerry have a new set up to come. Monaghan will be gutted - but will certainly be back next year almong the final 4 or so depending on the draw.

Up to Mickey Harte now to get out and look at the club championship, if Dublin can pull a Eoin Murchan out of nowhere to essentially kill an opposition player with his athleticism, Tyrone should be looking to invest in a few project players - we badly, badly need big men into that team in the forward line or at least big men able to sit in Midfield, not saying these guys need to play every game but horses for courses - Tyrone got the penalty from the most basic of tactics (never a penalty btw). These 'samey' type players are really not what we need going forward, every game.
I thought Peter was one of the better performers on the day. Albeit I haven't watched it back on TV.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

omagh_gael

Said it already but what about Kyle Coney? Would he be worth another shot? He sounds up for it based on his article last week.

tyrone08

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 05, 2018, 02:24:16 PM
Said it already but what about Kyle Coney? Would he be worth another shot? He sounds up for it based on his article last week.

There was talk about Harte phoning him up asking him to come back during the qualifiers when ever Brennan and Bradley were out injured. I heard it on good authority that he flatly turned them down. If that is true I would doubt if Mickey would go asking him again. Besides hes 28 now, no point in bringing him back for a year or two. Took him 10 years to figure out you have to put in the hard work.

Mickey is better off looking at new players who put in the effort and are hungry for success. I would like to see McNulty playing more. I have only seen him a few times but I remember being impressed at his direct running, plus he is a massive lad that could be used in midfield or in full forward line for Brennan or Bradley to feed off.

Jeremiah O

The reason Kyle Coney refused to join the panel is because he was struggling badly with a knee injury at the time and did not want to be joining the panel unless 100% fit.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Christmas Lights

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 05, 2018, 02:21:26 PM

I thought Peter was one of the better performers on the day. Albeit I haven't watched it back on TV.

I thought the same at the game actually UNTIL I watched it back on TV.

tyrone08

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 05, 2018, 03:44:29 PM

Watching the match back it was criminal how many points Dublin scored while under no pressure. There was at least 6 or 7 points in the 2nd half where there was no tyrone player with 5 yards of the dublin scorer. Tyrone must have been out on there feet in the 2nd half as i have never seen them like that before

WT4E

Quote from: tyrone08 on September 05, 2018, 05:37:28 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 05, 2018, 03:44:29 PM

Watching the match back it was criminal how many points Dublin scored while under no pressure. There was at least 6 or 7 points in the 2nd half where there was no tyrone player with 5 yards of the dublin scorer. Tyrone must have been out on there feet in the 2nd half as i have never seen them like that before

Was this not a case of the team pushing up to get more scores? Was always going to leave space at the back.... couldn't blame them for that