Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotedObserver

Usually story against the Dubs. Who were the stand outs for Tyrone today? I thought McGeary, Hampsey and Brennan decent. Thought Bradley caused them trouble but Tyrone lost confidence and stopped putting the early ball in

laceer

Tyrone didn't capitalise when on top for the first 15 mins. Dublins' 2 goals killed it. How Tyrone were 6 down at half time I don't know. Beat by one of the best teams ever. Tyrone abu

imtommygunn

Quote from: Thebigdog on September 02, 2018, 09:10:58 PM
I wish I was sitting here tonight getting slagged off  by those who are allied too Mickey Harte. Nothing but nothing would make me happier to say I was wrong about Harte and that tonight we would be sitting here as All Ireland champions. Maybe not even have won it but at least give ourselves the best possible chance to beat Dublin. I really don't buy into this myth that the Dublin footballers are better than Tyrone's. Sixteen f**king wides is pretty pathetic. The one area I have continually talked about as Dublin s weakness is there full back line under the high ball. It's just so f**king obvious Colm Cavanagh should have started in there. As our point of attack it would have definitely got us an extra 6 or 7 points at least. These players deserve better than this and if you don't see that you don't care about Tyrone. It's just absolute criminal that our manager has been caught sleeping at the wheel yet again!

Myth? Colm cavanagh at full forward the whole game?

Seriously?

LeoMc

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 02, 2018, 09:55:21 PM
I wish I was sitting here tonight getting slagged off  by those who are allied too Mickey Harte. Nothing but nothing would make me happier to say I was wrong about Harte and that tonight we would be sitting here as All Ireland champions. Maybe not even have won it but at least give ourselves the best possible chance to beat Dublin. I really don't buy into this myth that the Dublin footballers are better than Tyrone's. Sixteen f**king wides is pretty pathetic. The one area I have continually talked about as Dublin s weakness is there full back line under the high ball. It's just so f**king obvious Colm Cavanagh should have started in there. As our point of attack it would have definitely got us an extra 6 or 7 points at least. These players deserve better than this and if you don't see that you don't care about Tyrone. It's just absolute criminal that our manager has been caught sleeping at the wheel yet again!

Seriously?
Route 1 Hail Marys as a primary tactic. No one would ever work out how to stop it. :o

imtommygunn

Jim Bob

Wise up Southtyronegael

Thebigdog

Quote from: LeoMc on September 02, 2018, 10:08:13 PM

Seriously?
Route 1 Hail Marys as a primary tactic. No one would ever work out how to stop it. :o
Hail marys? A typical ignorant response. Let's just say in the first twenty Tyrone done this and got 1-3 or 1-4.. The dubs would have to sit deeper and therefore giving room for the running game further out. But then you probably wouldn't think about that you thick ****.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Thebigdog on September 02, 2018, 10:59:05 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 02, 2018, 10:08:13 PM

Seriously?
Hail marys? A typical ignorant response. Let's just say in the first twenty Tyrone done this and got 1-3 or 1-4.. The dubs would have to sit deeper and therefore giving room for the running game further out. But then you probably wouldn't think about that you thick ****.

We didn't do that and got 0-5 in the first 20 mins. Not too bad. What if we stuck the big man in and we didn't get 1-3 as we dropped everything short into the square? A competent full back would easily break the ball to the mass of defenders that Dublin pull back and what if we have 0-0 on the board after 20 mins. Tactics don't always work out the perfect way you want them too. Remember when Kerry had two big men v us in 2008? Teams worked that tactic out years ago. It's ok for a surprise element at times but not a tactic to base your whole gameplan around - it would not have won us the game today.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

and why was tiaran mc cann givin the job of marking kilkenny? totally backfired. lee brennan actually ended up marking him late on when he got another point. we got a goal and a point directly from the 'hail marys' but we only started doin it when we were 8 points down with 5 mins to go. if we had of done it from the start we could easily have been 8 points up before Dublin started playing. game lost on the sideline.

laceer

southtyronegael

Hereiam

For me it was Morgan that give us no chance. I know he hit some good kickouts but he does stupid things time and time again. I said to the wife before I left for the game I hope morgan doesn't fcuk this up....well the rest is history.

Club boi

Quote from: Club boi on August 13, 2018, 04:46:35 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 13, 2018, 03:18:05 PM
Say what you like about Mickey harte, but all the rosaries worked yesterday. We got a serious run of the green yesterday. If Tyrone can pull off the impossible and land this all Ireland, we should erect a statue of Colm cavanagh up at garvaghy because he is the reason we are still in this championship. Amazing performance again from him.

I just thought you were about to praise Micky Harte but you landed just short STG. Credit were its due, I called for him to be axed, think he has ruined his legacy and stayed too long but fair play, he has them in an All Ireland Final (all be it without playing the big 3 Dublin, Kerry or Mayo)

Beaten twice at home and then again today by a much superior outfit. Yes Tyrone have improved, but still havent beaten any of the so called other top 3 outa 4 (Tyrone being the other) on the big occasions in recent years. And I disagree with whoever said Mayo arent in that group anymore, beaten in 2 previous AI finals and still the only team to really push the Dubs close. 1 poor year doesnt rule them out just yet

TopOfTheRight13

Did anyone really watch the game and still calls for colm cavanagh to be the best sweeper in Ireland...or are use gonna finally wake up.. he won neither hop ups at start of each half he spent the full game like last year crawling around on his hands and knees trying to put in tackles crawling around like bamby on ice he kicked the two kick passes he had in game over side line his hand passing was weak.. yes he won a penalty because he is awkward big unit but rest of performance was shocking worst player on field. Ye measure a man by his performances against the best. Not by what he done against Meath and or Monaghan. Forward line shot selection was awful first ten minutes..no cohesion in forward line men trying to do it themselves. And then finally... Morgan again, don't think micky o neill would have done much better because they are both eccentric but again we will never know because big Mick never gets a chance.

Scoring Zone

Yesterday we seen a team that knew the value of possession and momentum and how to manage them and a team that didn't - Dublin have the better and more talented players but they also have the players that don't run into tackles, don't take stupid pot shots and are less selfish. Some of Tyrones decision making was shocking, McShanes GPS stats must be impressive to justify the amount of frustrating and headless bullsh*t that he continually coughs up, and Morgan is the same player McGuinness spooked 5-6 years ago in ballybofey - when he makes one mistake he makes 6 and all in a row, one bad kickout no bother, but to kick the next one straight out to side Fenton is on, but also R. Donnellys shot when he came on from 40yrds, R. O'Neill shot into 3 Dublin men with 2 Tyrone men overlapping, Brennans shot out on the wing, McKernans shot in the first half from the sideline - when is the penny going to drop with these lads after a poor return in the semi-final and if S O'Neill is coaching in that area surely ye have to be calling that dirt out. Very very frustrating watching after a massive massive effort which can't be faulted.

But in saying that Tyrone had a very good year and there is a crop of 6-7 players that are as good as any county has and I'm still positive about the next few years and we should expect to be in and around the business end the next few years as unless we get hit with injuries.