Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 22, 2018, 08:50:00 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 22, 2018, 05:44:10 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 22, 2018, 12:38:31 PM
Alot of complaining done about the banquet tickets being £100. I thought that wasn't bad compared to other galas.

What is the banquet like? Thinking of going but would like to hear from anyone that has been to all Ireland banquet. Is there much craic or are you stuck in an awful set far away from the team?
Go for it lads, and stay down the night before too. I remember there was great craic the night before in 03.
Tempted myself. The City West website says the function room holds a whopping 800 people. You could end up sitting half a mile from the team.

RedHand88

Quote from: redzone on August 22, 2018, 09:44:19 PM
Alot of complaining done about the banquet tickets being £100. I thought that wasn't bad compared to other galas.

What is the banquet like? Thinking of going but would like to hear from anyone that has been to all Ireland banquet. Is there much craic or are you stuck in an awful set far away from the team?
Go for it lads, and stay down the night before too. I remember there was great craic the night before in 03.
Tempted myself. The City West website says the function room holds a whopping 800 people. You could end up sitting half a mile from the team.

Staying down both nights myself. Where is there to go nowadays in Dublin either night that would be a GAA atmosphere that isn't coppers?

bogball88

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 22, 2018, 11:04:57 PM

Staying down both nights myself. Where is there to go nowadays in Dublin either night that would be a GAA atmosphere that isn't coppers?
Flannerys?

GaaFanatic123

Croke Park Hotel bar or City West front Bar

WT4E

Boars Head on Capel Street a great GAA bar!

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: bogball88 on August 23, 2018, 08:52:35 AM

Flannerys?
Great spot

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: bogball88 on August 23, 2018, 08:52:35 AM

Flannerys?
Yeah flannerys always good AI weekend
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bigtogs

Hi lads/lassies can we beat Dublin... I don't want to get carried away with the hype/buzz that surrounds an All Ireland final.... in a 2 horse race we always have a chance.... I don't think at this stage we can confidently say we have improved on last year, sometimes it looks as if we have sometimes looks like we have not.... I suspect Dublin to push a little further up the field and foul around 45/50metres and put serious pressure on our free takers who we just can hope have a great day... Mickey is in a catch 22 position, if we push up we could get destroyed or like Mayo for 2 years put Dublin to the pin of their collar... or sit back and hope we are in the game last 10 and go for it.... I have said all year the Dubs don't look as formidable as previous years I hope we get our tactics spot on to capitalise on any weakness they might have!!!! 

RedHand88

Quote from: bigtogs on August 23, 2018, 10:55:01 AM
Hi lads/lassies can we beat Dublin... I don't want to get carried away with the hype/buzz that surrounds an All Ireland final.... in a 2 horse race we always have a chance.... I don't think at this stage we can confidently say we have improved on last year, sometimes it looks as if we have sometimes looks like we have not.... I suspect Dublin to push a little further up the field and foul around 45/50metres and put serious pressure on our free takers who we just can hope have a great day... Mickey is in a catch 22 position, if we push up we could get destroyed or like Mayo for 2 years put Dublin to the pin of their collar... or sit back and hope we are in the game last 10 and go for it.... I have said all year the Dubs don't look as formidable as previous years I hope we get our tactics spot on to capitalise on any weakness they might have!!!!

Absolutely... IF we go ahead early on. Only way I can see us win is if we blitzkrieg them in the first 10 or 15mins and get 4 points up. Then set up to frustrate them and watch them pass back and forward along the 45 which they love to do. Let them take chances and leave themselves exposed allowing us just to keep the scoreboard ticking over.
If they grab an early goal (a la 2017 semi) and it will be very VERY difficult to get back in it.

Tyrone95

With regards set pieces next weekend, who do Tyrone appoint there 'free' taker. In my opinion this could be the difference between winning and losing. Mcaliskey has been hot and cold all year, Morgan is capable, but one or 2 early misses and his head drops (especially if the hill have anything to do with it). Brennan would be my choice if he starts but this is looking evermore unlikely given his performance v Monaghan.  We know that if dublin get a free anywhere from the 45 and in, Dean Rock can slot them over with his eyes closed.

bigtogs

Quote from: Tyrone95 on August 23, 2018, 12:23:38 PM
With regards set pieces next weekend, who do Tyrone appoint there 'free' taker. In my opinion this could be the difference between winning and losing. Mcaliskey has been hot and cold all year, Morgan is capable, but one or 2 early misses and his head drops (especially if the hill have anything to do with it). Brennan would be my choice if he starts but this is looking evermore unlikely given his performance v Monaghan.  We know that if dublin get a free anywhere from the 45 and in, Dean Rock can slot them over with his eyes closed.

I don't think Brennan starts... on the free from 45 area I would take my chances on Morgan to be honest esp if his kickouts are going well...

Jayop

I said it a few games back that I'd have Morgan come up and take everything apart from the tap over frees. I don't care if it's slowing things down. He's another confidence player and if he's allowed to knock over a few from 35 he'll hit the 50's after.

Slowing the game down on our scores is a no harm either.

God14

Quote from: Jayop on August 23, 2018, 01:53:52 PM
I said it a few games back that I'd have Morgan come up and take everything apart from the tap over frees. I don't care if it's slowing things down. He's another confidence player and if he's allowed to knock over a few from 35 he'll hit the 50's after.

Agree with this 100%. Second half of Donegal game, and again against Monaghan I thought Morgan was excellent. He is in a good place mentally, and if he can get off to a good start with the 35M frees there is no reason why he cannot score 0-5 as he did in the National League final in 2013, also against the Dubs. That would be a huge asset to the team.

Another crucial call needs to be made on Ciaran Kilkenny. He has been central to Dublin breaking down the massed defence. The problem for Tyrone is they cannot afford to sacrifice one of their own key men (say Mattie Donnelly as was speculated earlier) for this man marking, spoiling job on the 65. Don't be surprised to see something left field from Harte such as Aidan McRory coming in for this role. Whilst often criticised on this board, he is actually ideal for this sacrificial, shadowing, spoiling job. Much more so than a Frank Burns or semi fit Meyler. And Harte trusts him.  Besides we will finish this game with a stronger team than we will start it, and all 5 subs will play an important role.

bigtogs

Quote from: God14 on August 23, 2018, 02:41:32 PM
Quote from: Jayop on August 23, 2018, 01:53:52 PM

Agree with this 100%. Second half of Donegal game, and again against Monaghan I thought Morgan was excellent. He is in a good place mentally, and if he can get off to a good start with the 35M frees there is no reason why he cannot score 0-5 as he did in the National League final in 2013, also against the Dubs. That would be a huge asset to the team.

Another crucial call needs to be made on Ciaran Kilkenny. He has been central to Dublin breaking down the massed defence. The problem for Tyrone is they cannot afford to sacrifice one of their own key men (say Mattie Donnelly as was speculated earlier) for this man marking, spoiling job on the 65. Don't be surprised to see something left field from Harte such as Aidan McRory coming in for this role. Whilst often criticised on this board, he is actually ideal for this sacrificial, shadowing, spoiling job. Much more so than a Frank Burns or semi fit Meyler. And Harte trusts him.  Besides we will finish this game with a stronger team than we will start it, and all 5 subs will play an important role.

Aidan McCroy could possibly do that job... Mickey Harte has sprung surprises in the all Ireland finals of before that has worked,  Mickey needs to think outside the box to win this game that is for sure...

God14

Conor McKenna would be a mad addition. Could be a bigger distraction more than anything but Frigg it we are 11/2 outsiders. Stick him at 14.