Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

ok lads yous have managed to draw me out. according to mickey in the irish news today he is going nowhere  this year no matter what happens and he never had any intention of going anywhere. we may just stand the county board/commitee down cause they arent needed apparently.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 04, 2017, 12:34:29 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2017, 11:28:01 AM
I think it's important to know are the players happy with how things are going and their relationship with Mickey.

Rumours tend to circulate when things are not going well whereas there does seem to be a positive feeling this year that we have moved away a bit from the very defensive ponderous attacking system and find ourselves in a consecutive Ulster final with a great chance to put back to back Ulster titles.
Most of us agree that we should win that game and so it's very hard to argue Mickey has built another successful team. It would be brave to not give him a new contract having won back to back Ulsters, even if we do go on to lose to Dublin or Kerry.

That may well be the case, but it will come down to the manner of the defeat.  If it was a close encounter that could of swung either way then id fully expect Micky will be supported, however if we were embarrassed say 5/6 + and never looked like we could compete then back to back Ulsters may not be enough.

This accurately sums it up for me. Another soft QF defeat to Mayo/? would be tough going. Give it a go thankfully the new policy.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Taylor on July 04, 2017, 10:39:43 AM
If MH was gone, who realistically would replace him that would be able to surpass what he is currently delivering?

Because there is no point in getting someone new in just to deliver a status quo
mickey has been the status quo for the last 6 yrs. so there is not a manager in tyrone that could deliver ulster titles and mc kenna cups with the players we have?

skeog

Fan of Mickey but his comments about Sky being superior to all other stations is bullshit.Maybe he is looking for the gig himself.

southtyronegael

Quote from: skeog on July 05, 2017, 12:58:49 PM
Fan of Mickey but his comments about Sky being superior to all other stations is bullshit.Maybe he is looking for the gig himself.
for a change actually agree with Harte on this one. Rte coverage wouldn't put a patch on sky analysis of games. I'd be more worried about why Harte feels he has to have his say on everything instead of concentrating on the next game.

square_ball

It's very simple - he was asked a question in a press conference and he answered it. You'd think going by some you lads he just rings up a newspaper and gives his view on things.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/comment-what-is-the-sunday-game-about-anymore-a-sports-show-or-a-panto-35897212.html

Plus he is right sky sports analysis is so far ahead of rte it's not even funny.

trueblue1234

Quote from: longballin on July 05, 2017, 12:33:57 PM
Harte on about RTE again... is sad that hatred he has. Not doing him any good...

I don't think Harte is on about it anymore. He just hasn't changed his stance on it. I've no issue with that. Course I'm the sort to hold a grudge myself!!  :D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Redhand Santa

It sounded like he was basically asked if he supported Jim Gavin's stance. In his response he said he didn't particularly like the rte coverage with boys out to make a name for themselves whereas sky had better analysis. No idea how anyone could take offence at that. Plenty of people would agree with it.

Taylor

MH was asked a question, answered it and elaborated on it.

Can anyone disagree with what he said? Was it incorrect? Are TSG better analysts than SS analysts?
I think not

WT4E

Quote from: longballin on July 05, 2017, 03:11:29 PM
I think it is what is driving him, the thought of a banquet snub but if he gets there will find it a hollow victory and wake up next day still angry. Will never be enough; needs to let it go. The SKY crew are boring and its  a rip-off

100% Agree

Wheres the christian values in this? - forgive and forget!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: WT4E on July 05, 2017, 03:18:29 PM
I think it is what is driving him, the thought of a banquet snub but if he gets there will find it a hollow victory and wake up next day still angry. Will never be enough; needs to let it go. The SKY crew are boring and its  a rip-off

100% Agree

Its fair to forgive but I don't think forget is an option.  That will always be a shadow lurking.  Tyrone players are obviously behind micky either through support or fear but they tow the party line and refuse to speak with RTE until they retire from inter-county football and RTE didn't continue to use Jordan, McGuigan or Ricey as main contributors.
Living the dream!!!

barelegs

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 05, 2017, 03:42:03 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 05, 2017, 03:18:29 PM

100% Agree

Its fair to forgive but I don't think forget is an option.  That will always be a shadow lurking.  Tyrone players are obviously behind micky either through support or fear but they tow the party line and refuse to speak with RTE until they retire from inter-county football and RTE didn't continue to use Jordan, McGuigan or Ricey as main contributors.

Jordan does a (usually excellent) weekly column for RTE that he'd be doing fairly well out of.

redhandefender

The only people who consider RTE better than SKY are dinosaurs who take some moral high ground on the GAA selling out to sky or those who don't have access to SKY.

Sky presenters (apart from senan Connell) provide excellent view on the modern game. RTE is a pantomime!

BennyHarp

Quote from: longballin on July 06, 2017, 10:04:01 AM
For all his RTE rhetoric Harte still watches it obviously : )   aye terrible dinasours against children and older people denied access to our games... Harte is vying for a spot there on Sky with Murdock

There are some crazy people on this forum.  ;D How does anyone's mind work in such a way so they arrive at the conclusion that if Harte thinks Peter Canavan and Jimmy McGuinness give better analysis of games than Joe Brolly and Pat Spillane = Harte wants to deny access to our games to children and old people.

By the way, i also enjoyed your analysis that the only reason Mickey has devoted the majority of his life to Tyrone GAA is so he can snub RTE at the winners banquet. Top class!  ;D ;D
That was never a square ball!!

redhandefender

Quote from: longballin on July 06, 2017, 10:04:01 AM
For all his RTE rhetoric Harte still watches it obviously : )   aye terrible dinasours against children and older people denied access to our games... Harte is vying for a spot there on Sky with Murdock

Denied access to our games, what a load of crap. You can go to any game you want and pay a fee to get in, no one is stopping you, your children or your dinosaurs.

The more games shown the better. I don't care what harte said or what he is planning but he is 100% correct about the sky coverage