Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Like I say teaminamillion, you've a clear personal vendetta against Harte and are purposefully choosing to use an extremely distasteful and deeply insensitive way to make a point. You've gone far beyond anything decent and any argument you make is lost in the manner of your approach.

teaminamillion

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 02, 2017, 08:20:13 PM
Like I say teaminamillion, you've a clear personal vendetta against Harte and are purposefully choosing to use an extremely distasteful and deeply insensitive way to make a point. You've gone far beyond anything decent and any argument you make is lost in the manner of your approach.
I just deal in facts omagh. As above. Three bad defeats in a row and only 4000 patrons turning up to Healy park every other weekend. You can't get lost in that my friend.

tyroneman

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 02, 2017, 08:06:16 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 02, 2017, 07:49:59 PM
The media ban began in may 2011 after mickey objected to his friend Brian carthy being overlooked for a radio job. The insensitive radio sketch was in August 2011. Just google it.
ha ha thanks for that SouthTyronegael. Maybe were the same person lol

You are right that Harte - and a number of other managers let's not forget - fell out with RTE over the Carthy issue, however I would still suggest the radio skit is the reason the boycott remains ongoing.

If you want to talk about respect then think about the way RTE have covered Tyrone these past 6-7 years, the rants, the mock crises, the puke football, and the way they hypocritically singled out Cavanagh, McCann etc while overlooking the blatant indiscretions of Dublin, Kerry and the rest of the Media darlings would suggest they have damn all respect for Tyrone either.

They may well be responding that way as a reaction to Harte's stance but they are a national broadcaster and should realise they have a bigger audience than 1 man in Glencull.

Harte should be judged on results and performance. He is not immune to criticism, nor should he be, however it should be constructive, fair and proportionate.

southtyronegael

Maybe the insensitive sketch would never have happened if Harte had of kept his nose out of rte business in the first place. Its done now so lets get back to football talk.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 02, 2017, 08:57:28 PM
Maybe the insensitive sketch would never have happened if Harte had of kept his nose out of rte business in the first place. Its done now so lets get back to football talk.

So the insensitive sketch is justified because Harte was in dispute.

You are a cretin.

teaminamillion

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 02, 2017, 08:38:42 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 02, 2017, 08:20:13 PM
I just deal in facts omagh. As above. Three bad defeats in a row and only 4000 patrons turning up to Healy park every other weekend. You can't get lost in that my friend.
indeed Tyrone did get a tough time from RTE as regards the McCann incident. As a supporter I don't think I was ever as motivated going into that Kerry semi final. I really believe if Tyrone had have fronted up that day just like 03 we would have won that game. Instead what did we do? we sat back and let them Kerry bastards dictate the terms. 2015 will go down as an opportunity lost. Do we have the footballers in Tyrone to go toe to toe with Dublin or Kerry? Why the hell wouldn't we! Playing defensive football is telling your players they aren't good enough. Some of the players certainly aren't and they are the ones who should be dropped. What happened to total faith?

southtyronegael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 02, 2017, 09:10:56 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 02, 2017, 08:57:28 PM

So the insensitive sketch is justified because Harte was in dispute.

You are a cretin.
where did I say it was justified.? I'm just pointing out that mickey is as much to blame as rte. Both of them are in the wrong.

Aaron Boone

Tyrone stayed in Div 1 comfortably, weeks ago the job wAs done. Onwards to
Ulster Champoinship now, no better man in charge.

Club boi

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 02, 2017, 10:28:07 PM
Tyrone stayed in Div 1 comfortably, weeks ago the job wAs done. Onwards to
Ulster Champoinship now, no better man in charge.

Comfortably!!

Came 6th, Monaghan the only team above Tyrone that they beat and lucky to do so at Home

southtyronegael

thank god for cavan and roscommon or we would have been relegated again. at least we will be in div 1 next year when the new manager takes over.

kickingmule

Just watching the Dubs V Monaghan. We all know about the Dubs ... but by God Monaghan are a joy to to watch... Good positive  attitude , how to defend  and attack..A lot of new kids this year. Malachy O'Rourke is very progressive in his thinking which I am sorry to say can't be said about the current set up in Tyrone. It saddens me to say after following Tyrone for all my life and I am a lot older I imagine than most guys on this board, not for one minute do I think  we haven't got the players, but a team playing with fear is a team bound to failure.
We have forwards and defenders constantly playing inside the 45 showing no faith in their ability. It is time to move forward. I am sick to the teeth of this style of play. A very disheartened Tyrone die hard.

southtyronegael

join the club mule. ive been attending tyrone games since the mid 80s when i was a youngster and there have been some bad times. but never been so depressed/angry as right now.  its not just the shite football its the way our countys image is bein dragged through the dirt. all the other counties seem to be loving it.

Redhand Santa

Its easy to keep blaming Harte and ignore the players but in reality we have lots of issues that go beyond the manager. Yesterday we tried to push up a bit but our defenders got ran all over. We lack top quality defenders and I'm not sure of to many outside of who is already involved. We also lack top quality full forwards who can win their own ball and score. Last week everyone was crying for Bradley in the full forward line. He played there a lot yesterday but couldn't win the ball. He is better in a role allowing him to go in and out so he can find space easier.

It's been a very poor finish to the league and we don't seem fit and lack leaders on the pitch. Our best players like Harte and Mattie (missing yesterday) have been poor enough. Harte's 2-4 yesterday looks much better on paper than his actual performance. Teams have also made Colm Cavanaghs role redundant by not kicking the ball in near in him.

We seriously need to look at our strategy ahead of the championship. Maybe 6 weeks of hard training now will make all the difference and we will see much more energy for the championship and better performances. If that's the case we will soon forget about a bad end to the league. But it has been a worrying few weeks. The worst thing about it is that very few of our squad members who have been given chances have shown anything at all. Thought McNulty actually did ok breaking the ball yesterday and could be an option if we our going to push up on kickouts. I'm not sure after yesterday we'll see Conall McCann involved again this year.

outinfront

Will Tyrone retain Ulster championship? 

macca123

Quote from: outinfront on April 03, 2017, 09:48:04 AM
Will Tyrone retain Ulster championship?
I think they will beat Derry by a large enough margin, but when they come up against Donegal (I think that is who they would play next- correct me if I am wrong) they will struggle massively. Especially if Ryan McHugh is back fully fit again.