Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 08, 2017, 10:55:08 PM
yeah o rourke would be an excellent choice too and i couldnt see there bein any opposition in the county to him gettin the job?

Monaghan play a very similar style to Tyrone but haven't got past a quarter final. They often retreat on mass from opposition kick out. They got beat by Longford last year. What difference in tactics do you see orourke bringing to the table?

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 08, 2017, 10:55:31 PM
Quote from: redzone on March 08, 2017, 10:44:59 PM
Malachi o rourke would be the only viable man I could think of to take Tyrone if the chance ever came about.

Malachi has done a good job with Monaghan but they have been serial losers when they get to the big stage at Croker. That wouldn't inspire confidence!
monaghan dont have enough quality players to go beyond q finals. o rourke took them over in div 3 and won 2 ulsters. we have won 3 minor all irelands since 04 and an u21 in '15 ffs dont be comparin us with monaghan or cavan.

StGallsGAA

yeah o rourke would be an excellent choice too and i couldnt see there bein any opposition in the county to him gettin the job?

Not even the fact he's from Fermanagh maybe?

southtyronegael

Quote from: StGallsGAA on March 09, 2017, 12:01:17 AM

he lives in tyrone, has played for and managed errigal ciaran i think. so he ok. just about.lol

Keyboard Warrior

Malachi o rourke would be the only viable man I could think of to take Tyrone if the chance ever came about.

Paddy Tally?

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 09, 2017, 12:10:42 AM

he lives in tyrone, has played for and managed errigal ciaran i think. so he ok. just about.lol

Catch a grip you clown, a Fermanagh would be the back of the que for the job. What is the point in yapping away on here like you are some sort of expert. Harte has the job for one more year, leave it be and see where we end up.

Any other option being touted would be a major risk. The only one who automatically deserves a shot is the U 21 line up and not sure Logan could take it and/or if canavan would want to do it as an assistant type role.

The rest could all end in disaster

redzone

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on March 09, 2017, 09:23:52 AM

Paddy Tally?

But risky. No experience in managing a county team at all or really any club teams. Might work as a coach. Mattie mcgleenan has found that out

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 08, 2017, 11:12:05 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on March 08, 2017, 10:55:31 PM

Malachi has done a good job with Monaghan but they have been serial losers when they get to the big stage at Croker. That wouldn't inspire confidence!
monaghan dont have enough quality players to go beyond q finals. o rourke took them over in div 3 and won 2 ulsters. we have won 3 minor all irelands since 04 and an u21 in '15 ffs dont be comparin us with monaghan or cavan.

The reason you wanted rid of Harte you said was because of the style of play and you wanted to see more attacking football. You are now saying you'd be happy with O'Rourke. So are you saying that Monaghan play a more attacking game than Tyrone? What differences do you see in their game plan? When they had 15 men on the pitch on Sat night they were highly defensive, tried to keep possession and managed 2 points in the first half. In their last ulster final win they retreated on mass for every Donegal kick out. It was effective but poor to watch.

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on March 09, 2017, 09:31:50 AM

Catch a grip you clown, a Fermanagh would be the back of the que for the job. What is the point in yapping away on here like you are some sort of expert. Harte has the job for one more year, leave it be and see where we end up.

Any other option being touted would be a major risk. The only one who automatically deserves a shot is the U 21 line up and not sure Logan could take it and/or if canavan would want to do it as an assistant type role.

leave it be and see where we end up? We've left it long enough and ended with our own fans booing us on saturday night.take the blinkers off mate.

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 09, 2017, 12:24:32 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on March 09, 2017, 09:31:50 AM

leave it be and see where we end up? We've left it long enough and ended with our own fans booing us on saturday night.take the blinkers off mate.

Well you are in a clear minority and nothing you can do for this year, contact your club, if you have one and tell them you want to object to harte being the next manager simples. You are gonna give yourself aneurysm over the issue.

If any other county looked in and seen a fella on a rant about a manager who just won an ulster title, 1 point away from beating all ire finalists and will be sitting on top of league 1 come sunday night they would think you were demented!

You take the blinkers off, we are far from perfect and harte makes some strange decisions but you don't give credit where it is due. It is only March, don't peak too soon

southtyronegael

No point going through my club, ordinary members have no say. Il just have a word with roisin Jordan about it.and don't shite about peak in too early, we played the same shite in july/august as we did in feb/march last year.

redzone

Was at the game and it was Monaghan fans doing the booing. What sort of clowns do u think the Tyrone supporters are u eejit.

vallankumous

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on March 09, 2017, 09:23:52 AM

Paddy Tally?

Yes. A definite runner.

The Bearded One

Quote from: redzone on March 09, 2017, 02:13:43 PM
Was at the game and it was Monaghan fans doing the booing. What sort of clowns do u think the Tyrone supporters are u eejit.

It was hard for him to decipher who was booing from the comfort of his high stool.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Fuzzman

Did the booing occur when McCurry who had got the ball up in the left hand corner, hit a 30 yard pass backwards to recycle the ball rather than looking for someone making a run forward.

Actually if you watch a lot of our games with the pause button at the ready you will see how often there are large pockets of space in behind the other teams defence but everyone is coming towards the ball to receive it short.
If a forward was to spin on his heels and run back into the area he just came from then he would be straight through.
I think Sludden is the only forward who seems to do this lately.