Petey
Monroe
Sparky
Lee Brennan
R oneill

southtyronegael

Quote from: Club boi on December 03, 2016, 08:11:46 PM
Ok, no World Beater but you's are building him up as a saviour
no we are only sayin he could be an option at full forward. we need one badly. still open for opinons lads.

redzone

Quote from: redzone on December 03, 2016, 09:03:50 PM
Champ team 2017

Morgan
Hampesy
Mcnamee
Munroe
Mccann
Sludden
Brennan
Colm
Matty
Richy Donnelly
Petey
Monroe
Sparky
Lee Brennan
R oneill
McShane in half forward line

Mikhailov

Quote from: redzone on December 03, 2016, 09:03:50 PM
Champ team 2017

Morgan
Hampesy
Mcnamee
Munroe
Mccann
Sludden
Brennan
Colm
Matty
Richy Donnelly
Petey
Monroe
Sparky
Lee Brennan
R oneill

Monroe must be some player as you have him playing in defence and attack !!!!

redhandofgod

Fox
Hampsey
McCarron
Munroe
McCann
R Brennan
K McGeary
M Donnelly
C Cavanagh
N Sludden
P Harte
F Burns
L Brennan
S Cavanagh
M Bradley

redhandefender

I know its not his positron but I think buns could be a revelation if tried at full forward. He's a all round player and can not frees. He may be unavailable for a while though with club commitments

Helpline

Cant see an all-Ireland in them line-ups!
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Fuzzman

I can't see Mickey making too many changes from last year. Maybe Mark Bradley into corner forward but I don't think he's ready to give Lee Brennan his chance. We'll know better during the league.
I'll be shocked if he drops McCrory or McNabb though I'd say Justy might be gone.
I've not seen any club football so how do people rank Hampsey, Munroe and McGeary as in which are more likely to break into the team this year. I'd hope Rory Brennan is a permanent replacement now for Justy.

We are lacking in a real hard man at the back, someone like Block or Ricey.
Would be nice to see big Colm catch a few marks in the league but I will be surprised if we use this tactic.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 05, 2016, 11:59:13 AM
I can't see Mickey making too many changes from last year. Maybe Mark Bradley into corner forward but I don't think he's ready to give Lee Brennan his chance. We'll know better during the league.
I'll be shocked if he drops McCrory or McNabb though I'd say Justy might be gone.
I've not seen any club football so how do people rank Hampsey, Munroe and McGeary as in which are more likely to break into the team this year. I'd hope Rory Brennan is a permanent replacement now for Justy.

Would be nice to see big Colm catch a few marks in the league but I will be surprised if we use this tactic.

Seriously??? Certainly would not use the words Hard man to describe Ricey. 

Beantown

Quote from: The Golden Years on December 05, 2016, 04:41:32 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on December 05, 2016, 11:59:13 AM

Seriously??? Certainly would not use the words Hard man to describe Ricey. 

Maybe not a traditional hard man, but hedefinitely made life uncomfortable for opposing forwards, he was a great player for Tyrone and we are maybe too nice in defence.  Though the likes of McCarron and McNamee and justy are no shrinking violets, they can also play, are comfortable in a number of positions, get up and down the field and can take a score, i.e the  template for the modern defender. 

From what I have seen in club football, Hampsey and Munroe can definitely add a bit of extra bite at the back, both would be great additions, they hit hard and in my opnion both are future captain material if they make the cut,  but again both play a lot of club football at midfield.

The new additions allied to the experience gained by Hampsey, Munroe McGeary et al make for an exciting 2017, lets hope they shackles are off to a degree.

omagh_gael

Beanman, did you see the Mayo match? Our defence needs to tone down the nastiness a notch or two. Some of the antics I witnessed (thinking of McNamee and McCarron mainly) were embarrassing and add the square root of f**k all to our game.

Beantown

Quote from: omagh_gael on December 05, 2016, 08:07:23 PM
Beanman, did you see the Mayo match? Our defence needs to tone down the nastiness a notch or two. Some of the antics I witnessed (thinking of McNamee and McCarron mainly) were embarrassing and add the square root of f**k all to our game.

Dont forget your clubmate Omagh.  Justy wasnt shy that day either, nor last year against Donegal or Mayo in the league in Castlebar before that, and he is one of the more experienced players.  We went over the top in that match, if the defenders had concentrated on playing the football and not wasting energy on riling up the Mayo forwards things could have been different.  But there is a difference in being a tough defence and being nasty.  I am not condoning the nastiness.  But I think we were more let down by the forwards that day than anything else.  But thats over now, no point in flogging a dead horse...

You get more respect from hitting hard and being tight markers than mouthing how good you are to the opposition, especially when it backfires on the scoreboard....  Prime example is Colm Cav, Harte, Donnelly, and Gormley, Jordan, McGinley ONeill Dooher & Co before that......

Il Bomber Destro

The mouthing is not something I'd get worked up too much about either way. I'd be worried that some of the lads might lose the run of themselves or referees might be swayed by seeing it go on but it was pretty harmless slabbering by all accounts, didn't seem to knock anything out of the Mayo players - my issue with it would be it's a waste of effort and focus rather than feeling shamed or embarrassed than it.

It's one of those things that has a much bigger issue of it made than it demands, like incidents of spitting and biting for instance. If you were given a choice of someone having a nibble on your shoulder, getting spat on or having someone fella run his mouth off at ya all game than getting someone's fist driving through your face - I think I know which option I'd prefer to be on the receiving end of.

The worst act I saw on a football pitch this summer was Mickey Burke of Meath attempting to take the head off a Dublin player in their Leinster Championship match, a real sneaky, cowardly blindside punch that the Dublin players was very lucky not to have his face broken up. There wasn't a peep made out about it though in the aftermath.

I don't like this kind of hierarchy of shame some people try to build around these acts, I can remember Hubby Hughes nearly decapitate one of the McEntees in the All Ireland final and Horse Devlin stamping on Colm Parkinson. Were they embarrassing too or is violence to heralded and verbals derided?

tothetop03

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 05, 2016, 09:22:53 PM
The mouthing is not something I'd get worked up too much about either way. I'd be worried that some of the lads might lose the run of themselves or referees might be swayed by seeing it go on but it was pretty harmless slabbering by all accounts, didn't seem to knock anything out of the Mayo players - my issue with it would be it's a waste of effort and focus rather than feeling shamed or embarrassed than it.

It's one of those things that has a much bigger issue of it made than it demands, like incidents of spitting and biting for instance. If you were given a choice of someone having a nibble on your shoulder, getting spat on or having someone fella run his mouth off at ya all game than getting someone's fist driving through your face - I think I know which option I'd prefer to be on the receiving end of.

The worst act I saw on a football pitch this summer was Mickey Burke of Meath attempting to take the head off a Dublin player in their Leinster Championship match, a real sneaky, cowardly blindside punch that the Dublin players was very lucky not to have his face broken up. There wasn't a peep made out about it though in the aftermath.

I don't like this kind of hierarchy of shame some people try to build around these acts, I can remember Hubby Hughes nearly decapitate one of the McEntees in the All Ireland final and Horse Devlin stamping on Colm Parkinson. Were they embarrassing too or is violence to heralded and verbals derided?

My opinion mouthing at other players is disgusting dont care who does it black card straight away something that has crept into our game really bad in the last 15 odd years...no one seems to want to do anything about its..we all know who does it in our own county its not hear say we have seen it out of our eyes down the years!!! Mickey did not stop it why?? Was/is he happy enough with it???