Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 29, 2016, 09:33:15 PM
redhandefender im neither overweight or play call of duty but i am a tyrone football geek/anorak.  im sure the men from dublin, kerry and mayo are shittin themselves at this ulster all star mc cann comin at them next year.lol

You are complete moan and thats about it. Because dub, kerry and mayo players aren't shittin themselves does not make him a bad player. He is still one of our most effective players over the last 2 years and a difficult player for opposition to deal with. If you can't see that then you must never have player any ball whasoever Mr Footballing geek.

I did not say he was anywhere near as good as mc caffrey I said similar in that sheer speed from the half back line but thta he was pretty unique in the way he plays. Luckily the main man is of the same opinion and the likes of you will never been involved in selecting a county side

square_ball

Comparisons with mccaffrey aren't a million miles away to be honest. I was never really a fan of McCann until the last few years when he has developed into a key man and a very good county player.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 29, 2016, 09:41:00 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on October 29, 2016, 12:04:45 AM
Modern Gaelic football is all about being a running game. Haven't you noticed? Teirnan is very well suited to the modern game.  If we were playing in 1986 I'd probably agreed with you but until the game evolves back to kick n rush then I'm fairly confident lads like Tiernan McCann will always be of great value.
yeah i noticed it against donegal  and mayo. was so effective. not

Eh did Tyrone not beat Donegal? Surely that's being effective. Plenty of teams have tried other styles against Donegal and been less effective. Hopefully Harte will learn lessons from the Mayo game though.

omagh_gael

Big Sean commits to 2017 on twitter.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 01, 2016, 07:28:48 PM
Big Sean commits to 2017 on twitter.

Great news!! One more big year in him
Living the dream!!!

rrhf

Tyrone Gaa

2 All Stars in Tyrone this year!! A pleasant surprise only expected one.  Well done Peter and Mattie
Living the dream!!!

Onthe40

Indeed. Wasnt expecting Mattie to get one, wasnt at the same heights as last year IMO, but we'll take it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Comhghairdeas Peter & Mattie indeed, well done lads. :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rrhf

Well done lads, totally deserved. Disappointed for colm cav yet again and mc carron.

square_ball

Few call ups according to team talk mag namely Michael Cassidy, Ruauri Mullan, Harry Loughran, Ronan McHugh, Cahir McCullagh and Declan McClure.

Norf Tyrone

What Clubs are these lads?

Michael Cassidy Ardboe defender?
Harry Loughran Moy
Cahir McCullagh Greencastle forward
Declan McClure Clonoe
Ruairi Mullan Cookstown?
Ronan McHugh Aghyaran forward
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

square_ball

Yip though Cassidy is one of those that can play anywhere from 5 to 12 which we seem to be coming down with. Though certainly worth his chance.

superstar_

A strange few call ups. Can understand Cassidy, McCullagh and McClure being called up but don't see what they can offer that isn't already on the squad.
No call up for Danny Gorman, Ruairi Loughran, Brendan Burns or Dan McNulty who i think are 4 players that can add to the panel and could potentially have a role to play next year but will see how it plays out.

redhandofgod

id say Gorman and Brendan burns have been overlooked as they are still involved with their club teams in ulster.