Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

I think there's been more talk re McAleer and Rushe because of the 'ban' that there would've been without the ban!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

square_ball

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHiZQZ5dlsM

With this prime stationery position Elverys got from this Stephen Rochford interview I'm away to buy a load of sports gear.

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 18, 2016, 08:41:16 PM
Quote from: lenny on October 18, 2016, 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 18, 2016, 06:27:54 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 18, 2016, 05:57:22 PM
I really don't get this nonsense about sponsors' bring unhappy about not being on RTE. Managers don't hold up a big banner with the company logo and tell everyone how to get in touch with McAleer and rushe if they're looking a hotel built. Sponsors get more exposure through a good run on the pitch etc not some poxy 1 minute interview on RTE every few weeks where you mightn't even see the logo.

+1

The sponsors should be concerned with how results are on the pitch if they are seeking some benefit of it.

lol, you don't really know much about advertising if you don't realise that the interviews are a time for the adverisers logo to have a couple of minutes in a prime staionary position on tv. That's a lot different from in play where you may or may not even notice who is sponsoring a team. On another point it will be very interesting to see how mccarron is treated next year by harte if he does indeed go on the late late show. My sense is that he will get an opportunity to start his mma career sooner than he was expecting.

What extra business will they get from some farmer in Mayo viewing a sponsor logo when a  manager is interviewed on a Sunday afternoon before or after a game?

I think it is you who fails to understand advertising. McAleer and Rushe are paying Tyrone primarily for association with their team, not getting their logo flashed up for 30 seconds in a pre/post match interview. What they should be concerned about is Tyrone going far in the summer every year and being a serious team who compete in big games, that's all they need to worry about and that's all they will worry about. Spoofers like you should toddle on as when you get ideas above your station you remove all doubt your idiocy.

https://media.balls.ie/uploads/2014/08/Capture1.jpg

Must be a lot of mayo farmers flying to abu dhabi then if that's what etihad are spending thousands on for their post match interview advertising.

square_ball

longballin

Is that before he took his RTE Man of the Match award?  :o

square_ball

Quote from: longballin on October 18, 2016, 09:11:23 PM
Is that before he took his RTE Man of the Match award?  :o

Ha forgot about that!!

longballin

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on October 18, 2016, 08:52:13 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 18, 2016, 08:41:16 PM
Quote from: lenny on October 18, 2016, 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 18, 2016, 06:27:54 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 18, 2016, 05:57:22 PM
I really don't get this nonsense about sponsors' bring unhappy about not being on RTE. Managers don't hold up a big banner with the company logo and tell everyone how to get in touch with McAleer and rushe if they're looking a hotel built. Sponsors get more exposure through a good run on the pitch etc not some poxy 1 minute interview on RTE every few weeks where you mightn't even see the logo.

+1

The sponsors should be concerned with how results are on the pitch if they are seeking some benefit of it.

lol, you don't really know much about advertising if you don't realise that the interviews are a time for the adverisers logo to have a couple of minutes in a prime staionary position on tv. That's a lot different from in play where you may or may not even notice who is sponsoring a team. On another point it will be very interesting to see how mccarron is treated next year by harte if he does indeed go on the late late show. My sense is that he will get an opportunity to start his mma career sooner than he was expecting.

What extra business will they get from some farmer in Mayo viewing a sponsor logo when a  manager is interviewed on a Sunday afternoon before or after a game?

I think it is you who fails to understand advertising. McAleer and Rushe are paying Tyrone primarily for association with their team, not getting their logo flashed up for 30 seconds in a pre/post match interview. What they should be concerned about is Tyrone going far in the summer every year and being a serious team who compete in big games, that's all they need to worry about and that's all they will worry about. Spoofers like you should toddle on as when you get ideas above your station you remove all doubt your idiocy.

https://media.balls.ie/uploads/2014/08/Capture1.jpg

Must be a lot of mayo farmers flying to abu dhabi then if that's what etihad are spending thousands on for their post match interview advertising.

I don't think McAleer and Rushe are targetting Mayo farmers either.

McAleer and Rushe sponsor Tyrone, they pay money to be associated with the Tyrone team, they don't pay money for 30 second slots on TV - if they wanted that they would go direct to the GAA and RTE. As you seem to be a bit of a simple fellow, I will allow you some time for that to sink in.

southtyronegael

according to irish news mickey harte will be travelling to dublin for mc carrons book launch so im assuming he is aware and ok with him going on late late show?

lenny

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 18, 2016, 10:56:08 PM
according to irish news mickey harte will be travelling to dublin for mc carrons book launch so im assuming he is aware and ok with him going on late late show?

He must have negotiated a cut of the profits then.

vallankumous

This RTE thing isn't a conspiracy between players, manager, sponsors and the County Board. It's a real and justified boycott by Mickey Harte and those supporting him.

However, like all boycotts especially boycotts against those with an almost monoply it can't be 100%.
RTE are the biggest and strongest formers of public opinion in the Country. It's almost impossible to achieve anything and boycott them 100%.

I don't believe it is the case but if a sponsor tries to put pressure on decision makers in the County Board it's time to dump that sponsor.

longballin

You have to question how much players feel cohersed into this  or really are taking a stand when you see McCarron going on RTE and former players go on as soon as they leave the panel.

LeoMc

Quote from: longballin on October 19, 2016, 09:58:31 AM
You have to question how much players feel cohersed into this  or really are taking a stand when you see McCarron going on RTE and former players go on as soon as they leave the panel.
Maybe it is their way of showing they back their manager! You know, like a close knit team would.
Do you really think if Matty Donnelly or Sean Cavanagh did an interview Mickey would kick them off the panel!

If I had a friend banned from (or boycotting) a pub and was out for the night with him I wouldn't head to that pub that night out of solidarity, no coercion involved.  Nothing to stop me going there another night when he is not out with me.

longballin

Quote from: LeoMc on October 19, 2016, 10:29:50 AM
Maybe it is their way of showing they back their manager! You know, like a close knit team would.
Do you really think if Matty Donnelly or Sean Cavanagh did an interview Mickey would kick them off the panel!

If I had a friend banned from (or boycotting) a pub and was out for the night with him I wouldn't head to that pub that night out of solidarity, no coercion involved.  Nothing to stop me going there another night when he is not out with me.

Shallow enough

Il Bomber Destro

It's not just Mickey Harte - Tyrone GAA, Sean Cavanagh, Tiernan McCann etc have all had their character and reputations dragged through the mud by RTE in stark contrast to others who have committed similar infringements and have their indiscrestions defended to the hilt. McCarron is only there for his own self interests in promoting his book.