Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

I make it 34 we had on the squad last year including Sean Fox.

McBride and Hughes dropped out and we added 7 new players, 1 of whom has been cut along with Quinn.

That makes it 37.

McNabb, Joe McMahon and Niall McKenna are currently on the treatment table with medium to long term injuries.

Lee Brennan, McShane, Mulgrew and Fox will probably be off with the U21s shortly. There's lads who will be pulled away with Sigerson commitments as well over the next month or so.

It's not an excessive number to have involved at this time of year but the usual faces are still out here looking to peddle their agenda against Harte, very sad and tiresome.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 26, 2016, 01:29:21 PM

McBride and Hughes dropped out and we added 7 new players, 1 of whom has been cut along with Quinn.

That makes it 37.

McNabb, Joe McMahon and Niall McKenna are currently on the treatment table with medium to long term injuries.

Lee Brennan, McShane, Mulgrew and Fox will probably be off with the U21s shortly. There's lads who will be pulled away with Sigerson commitments as well over the next month or so.

It's not an excessive number to have involved at this time of year but the usual faces are still out here looking to peddle their agenda against Harte, very sad and tiresome.

Agreed. Can't please everyone. Even noticed that during the game on Saturday Kyle Coney was posting on twitter and seemed to be giving out that Harte had the audacity to make a few substitutions when Tyrone were getting beat at half time...

Also I don't think Sean Fox is actually part of the panel at the moment, could be wrong though.

Tyrone Gaa

Me Questioning the panel size should not be taken as an anti Harte agenda!!  Quite opposite, I believe Mickey is the right man to be leading Tyrone.  My concern was more in relation to the starred game process and the club footballing calendar that was effected by the drop outs from the county last season and thus some clubs benefiting by being fixed against other clubs with county men.  Would Owen Roes be playing Div3 football if Cathal McShane was available, (who knows)
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 26, 2016, 01:56:17 PM
Me Questioning the panel size should not be taken as an anti Harte agenda!!  Quite opposite, I believe Mickey is the right man to be leading Tyrone.  My concern was more in relation to the starred game process and the club footballing calendar that was effected by the drop outs from the county last season and thus some clubs benefiting by being fixed against other clubs with county men.  Would Owen Roes be playing Div3 football if Cathal McShane was available, (who knows)

Well said TyroneGAA too many hyper sensitive Harte believers on here!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on January 26, 2016, 01:43:55 PM

That makes it 37.

Agreed. Can't please everyone. Even noticed that during the game on Saturday Kyle Coney was posting on twitter and seemed to be giving out that Harte had the audacity to make a few substitutions when Tyrone were getting beat at half time...

Also I don't think Sean Fox is actually part of the panel at the moment, could be wrong though.

Probably not at the minute as he's been with UUJ but would expect him to join up after the U21s finish up.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 26, 2016, 01:56:17 PM

I'd imagine this is an issue far from unique to Tyrone and in likelihood exists in every county. Probably arises more as an issue with Tyrone as the club football in Tyrone is extremely competitive with not a great deal between the teams in terms of quality.

WT4E

Often wondered what way the whole panel thing works. Say he carries 37 for the year and he can only name 26 players.

Am I right in thinking that he lets everyone tog out and lists the subs in alpha order?

So does that mean that of the 37 togged out (just using this number as example) 11 of them literally can't be put on the field of play?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: WT4E on January 26, 2016, 02:23:09 PM
Often wondered what way the whole panel thing works. Say he carries 37 for the year and he can only name 26 players.

Am I right in thinking that he lets everyone tog out and lists the subs in alpha order?

So does that mean that of the 37 togged out (just using this number as example) 11 of them literally can't be put on the field of play?

Think it is limited to 26, he chooses his 26 first then assigns the bench numbers alphabetically.

WT4E

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 26, 2016, 02:44:41 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 26, 2016, 02:23:09 PM

Think it is limited to 26, he chooses his 26 first then assigns the bench numbers alphabetically.

So you could be on the 26 names in the programme but be able to come on to play?

driveherin

How stupid are you WT4E??
Hes hardly going to name someone in the 26 he can't use!!

WT4E

I'm nearly certain that when I was at games last year there where players used not listed in the programme 26 which would indicate to me that there was at least one person on the programme 26 unable to play?

Mikhailov

WT4E is almost correct I think if memory serves me right in what he is trying to say.

Was this not one of the issues that led to some sort of player walk out last year in the last NFL game v Kerry. Some lads were named in the supposed '26' but big Joe got on first and then Dermy Carlin got on despite the fact that they were NOT numbered 1-26. Maybe I am wrong but fairly sure on that. In this case the lads in the 26 were not aware that they were not able to be used which meant Harte has amended the 26 he put on the team sheet as to the one given to the programme.

WT4E

Well at least he's corrected the issue - I always thought it was a remedy for disaster when you had players togged out believing they had a chance of coming on and possibly finding out that there was no chance - You would feel like a bit of a mug!

Archie Mitchell

I think the named 26 only being able to tog out/play only applies for Championship games and for the league he listed the subs in alphabetical order but anyone could play.

redhandefender

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on January 26, 2016, 01:43:55 PM

That makes it 37.

Sean Fox was togged out and kicking about before the match Saturday night.

Did a new rule not come into playing saying you could only use from the 26 as harte was playing boys who weren't named in the supposed match day squad