Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traveller

Quote from: GaelTheGael on November 13, 2015, 10:49:36 PM
Kieran McGeary, Hugh pat McGeary, Johnny Munroe, Niall sludden, Harry Og Conlon, Paudie Hampsey and David Mulgrew have been called up.
David Mulgrew is the big surprise there, if I was picking anyone from Ardboe I would've expected Michael Cassidy to have been called up, be interesting to see how he steps up.
not really surprising as he is a nephew of Horse Devlin, not the right thing for the lad imo he is a serious talent but needs time to develop and should be concentrating on U 21's what's the rush to get him involved at this stage?

Club boi

Few people to respond to -

wee Roddy - If Munroe won 3 out of 5 balls against Mc Nulty why was Mc Gurk brought on after 15 minutes to mark him?? Nothing against Munroe, he was the best player last week for Carrickmore when moved out the field by a long way and stood out, probably deserves a shot

Superstar - Hampsey to dislodge Aidan Mc Crory at Corner Back!!!! I hope so, Sure Mc Crory played out the field against Kerry and lost several balls when in possession. Hampsey is a great defender also so would be best in the full back line marking. Very strong defender

Redhanddefender - your saying Brennan should start in front of Mc Curry and Mc Aliskey because they have had plenty of chances  and Brennan is "ready" to go!!! Your comparing 2 players against senior County teams and county defenders versus Brennan in Under 21 action and club action. No doubting his ability and will no doubt be an outstanding player in near future but he has a bit to go to get in front of those other 2

tv pundit

Regarding DD Mulgrew, I hope this is not another great prospect who spends most of his development years sitting on the bench missing out on a chance to improve by playing competitive games at club level.
Not that omagh want any more of their players on the county panel but I thought conan Grugan was impressive for them on the two occasions I saw him this year

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Club boi on November 14, 2015, 11:46:09 AM

wee Roddy - If Munroe won 3 out of 5 balls against Mc Nulty why was Mc Gurk brought on after 15 minutes to mark him?? Nothing against Munroe, he was the best player last week for Carrickmore when moved out the field by a long way and stood out, probably deserves a shot

Superstar - Hampsey to dislodge Aidan Mc Crory at Corner Back!!!! I hope so, Sure Mc Crory played out the field against Kerry and lost several balls when in possession. Hampsey is a great defender also so would be best in the full back line marking. Very strong defender

Redhanddefender - your saying Brennan should start in front of Mc Curry and Mc Aliskey because they have had plenty of chances  and Brennan is "ready" to go!!! Your comparing 2 players against senior County teams and county defenders versus Brennan in Under 21 action and club action. No doubting his ability and will no doubt be an outstanding player in near future but he has a bit to go to get in front of those other 2
I'm not getting into an argument about Monroe and McNulty but the reason McGurk came on wasn't to mark McNulty, it was because Johnnys influence was missed out the field. Clones half forward line was running riot. When Johnny went to no 6 the ball stopped going in. That's the facts of the matter and not an opinion by the way

Disillusioned

Any word on whether Harte is pruning out the deadwood from 2015?
The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

TF15

Maybe Mickey and Horse view DD as a future star and want him to start getting the requisite S&C and familiarity with the squad. Can't write taking every young fella on the panel based on Ray Mulgrew, Coney and Peter Donnelly. Look at Donegal with Murphy and McBrearty. It's a case of the individual themselves. More U21s could come in based on this years campaign I'm sure as it worked out well adding Meyler last year.

Redhand Santa

I'm happy with the call ups and have no doubt 4 or 5 of them can help improve the squad further next year. We had a good year last year and would be hopeful it could be a bigger one next year. Lot of players in the squad last year who were only there a year or two max that can hopefully improve further next year. I'm thinking the Brennan's, mcshane, mcnulty, Bradley, meyler, McCann , r Donnelly etc.

Out of the new year players I'm really looking forward to see how hampsey, k Mcgeary and sludden get on. They all have the potential to push for starting places. Munroe and Hp Mcgeary could well help strengthen are options at the back top which were quite limited. Im not convinced by Harry og but he has played on an all Ireland winning minor team and given his size and mobility could well provide another option at full forward.

In terms of the forwards mccurry and Mcaliskey improved as the year went on and they're still young enough to continue improving. Bradley and Brennan are also exciting talents who could provide could options at corner forward.

I really think we have the potential to get back challenging the very best teams again.

redzone

Quote from: tv pundit on November 14, 2015, 12:31:57 PM
Regarding DD Mulgrew, I hope this is not another great prospect who spends most of his development years sitting on the bench missing out on a chance to improve by playing competitive games at club level.
Not that omagh want any more of their players on the county panel but I thought conan Grugan was impressive for them on the two occasions I saw him this year

U reckon dd is Gona miss out on  crucial devolpment  if he sits on the bench. Surely being trained by 3 time all Ireland winning manager Micky Harte is worth missing a few league games a year for.hed pick up more in a month with Tyrone than he would in whole year with ardboe

Il Bomber Destro

The players mentioned there are all newcomers to the county team, has there been any recalls this year or is it just those mentioned who have been added to last season's panel?

We must have one of the youngest county panels in Ireland.

Redhand Santa

Sounds like just those 7. If anyone was going to get recalled thought coney or grugan had a chance. Pj also would have been in contention but would be hard to call him in after last year.

Club boi

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 14, 2015, 03:00:23 PM

I'm not getting into an argument about Monroe and McNulty but the reason McGurk came on wasn't to mark McNulty, it was because Johnnys influence was missed out the field. Clones half forward line was running riot. When Johnny went to no 6 the ball stopped going in. That's the facts of the matter and not an opinion by the way

Ha you will find the above statement is an opinion!!! Everything on here is Opinions. Monroe was excellent at 6

WBF

Quote from: Club boi on November 14, 2015, 07:02:37 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 14, 2015, 03:00:23 PM

Ha you will find the above statement is an opinion!!! Everything on here is Opinions. Monroe was excellent at 6

You'll actually find his statement is a fact, Mcgurk was brought on so Johnny could be moved out the field to have more influence on the game!!

Il Bomber Destro

What's the thoughts on Hugh Pat McGeary?

How has he been playing at club level? Wouldn't really have earmarked him as a future county senior when I saw him play underage for the county.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 14, 2015, 09:17:22 PM
What's the thoughts on Hugh Pat McGeary?

How has he been playing at club level? Wouldn't really have earmarked him as a future county senior when I saw him play underage for the county.

Haven't seen a lot of him but what I have seen I was very impressed. Didn't give John McCullagh a kick in the championship last year. Very physically strong and loads of pace.

BennyHarp

Is there any reason why Dan McNulty hasn't been called up?
That was never a square ball!!