Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TF15

I'd love to see the tactical maestro that is lingballin give us his team which is sure to be the blue print for winning the next few All Ireland's. Give us a nugget of your eternal wisdom.

skeog

nobody will be going stateside tyrone will be in croke park in august

LeoMc

I would suggest that "favouritism" may be down to what a player does in training. Consistent performance and application may result in what appears as additional chances.

A lot of good minor players and teams didn't transition successfully through u21 level leading to the loss ofvthe winning squad mentality at senior level. 

redzone

Correct Leo on the first bit. Nobody more so than paddy mc niece who was unstoppable at training and always played rubbish then in a big game. Anybody that was dropped honestly wasn't a first team starter come champ time

longballin

I aren't called longballin for nothing... is rugby league we're playing

Under Lights

Peter Hughes bound to be scundered with Tyrone. Has yet to make his championship debut. Richie Donnelly has come into panel and made his yesterday- yet Peter has been on the panel for a couple of years now- is around 27 and has done all the training.

Bo Man

Quote from: Under Lights on June 29, 2015, 01:00:57 PM
Peter Hughes bound to be scundered with Tyrone. Has yet to make his championship debut. Richie Donnelly has come into panel and made his yesterday- yet Peter has been on the panel for a couple of years now- is around 27 and has done all the training.

whats the story here under lights? you on here trying to get lads to leave the panel? it used to be a great thing playing for tyrone. now we are suggesting who should leave next.

Under Lights

Quote from: Bo Man on June 29, 2015, 08:57:57 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on June 29, 2015, 01:00:57 PM

whats the story here under lights? you on here trying to get lads to leave the panel? it used to be a great thing playing for tyrone. now we are suggesting who should leave next.

Not saying that at all. Just mean he must be wondering when he will get his championship chance. Has done well in league and McKenna cup and that. MH must believe there is something about him worth keeping him on panel otherwise he would have culled him with Asian Cassidy and red Sean that time.

redzone

Maybe Peter isn't playing that well and Donnelly was at training. That's how i pick my teams anyway.

BennyHarp

Dermy Carlin announced his inter county retirement tonight. Good squad player over the years, a few All Ireland's in the bag - not a bad careers work.
That was never a square ball!!

Under Lights

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 30, 2015, 10:44:04 PM
Dermy Carlin announced his inter county retirement tonight. Good squad player over the years, a few All Ireland's in the bag - not a bad careers work.

Maybe a bit hard done by in the past and had the ability/form to warrant a command a starting place but Ricey and Jordan were in his road. No shame. Good servant.

ONeill

He had one outstanding year...was it 07?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

longballin

I think that was the year he was Tyrone's best player in Ulster and was awarded by being dropped for the Meath game... a game they got hammered in.

WT4E

Quote from: longballin on July 01, 2015, 09:59:31 AM
I think that was the year he was Tyrone's best player in Ulster and was awarded by being dropped for the Meath game... a game they got hammered in.

I remember that now that you mention it - there was talk of an all star that year with the form he had been showing up to the point where he got dropped for the Meath game - heard that Harte hadn't the balls to tell him in person either - sent Dooher to do it instead!!

Anyway always counted Carlin great player and deserved every medal he got with Tyrone - Its a great boost to Killycloghers dark horse championship bid!

time ticking away

Really strange time for someone to leave a county panel. What is going on
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......