Talking Balls

Started by Harold Disgracey, April 30, 2015, 10:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

I'm going to a pre Championship discussion night next Wednesday night, the panel is Martin McHugh, Peter Canavan, Pat McEnaney, John McEntee and Jarlath Burns. What questions should I ask or what questions would you like to ask the panel?

illdecide

Who do you think could be the surprise package in this years championship?

Where do you see Gaelic Football in 10 years time?

What new rules would you bring in football now to improve it?

How do we improve refereeing consistency?

What do you think of the up-coming trend of players going professional for the GAA season/Championship and leaving their jobs?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

muppet

Try and take them all out with one good question.

Something like.....

Lads, has Donegal ruined football, by taking Tryone's puke football to the limit and leaving crap teams like Armagh with no choice but to play the same, especially with the awful refereeing standards?
MWWSI 2017

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: muppet on April 30, 2015, 11:11:16 AM

Something like.....

Lads, has Donegal ruined football, by taking Tyrone's puke football to the limit and leaving crap teams like Armagh with no choice but to play the same, especially with the awful refereeing standards?

Or following the fantastic success of Armagh in 2002, after years of underachieveing under the previous management and captaincy of Jarlath Burns, copying the model the JK developed with his all conquering Cross team of the late 90's early 00's (which was helped greatly by the fantastic imput and guidance from Martin McHugh among others), do the panel think that the high standards of refereeing have fallen due to the pressure put on them with the development of the Tyrone tactics of all out cynical, tactical defending, which Donegal has taken to an even higher level :P

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 30, 2015, 11:42:54 AM

Something like.....

Lads, has Donegal ruined football, by taking Tyrone's puke football to the limit and leaving crap teams like Armagh with no choice but to play the same, especially with the awful refereeing standards?

Or following the fantastic success of Armagh in 2002, after years of underachieveing under the previous management and captaincy of Jarlath Burns, copying the model the JK developed with his all conquering Cross team of the late 90's early 00's (which was helped greatly by the fantastic imput and guidance from Martin McHugh among others), do the panel think that the high standards of refereeing have fallen due to the pressure put on them with the development of the Tyrone tactics of all out cynical, tactical defending, which Donegal has taken to an even higher level

I see what you did there! John Mac gets off lightly  ;D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on April 30, 2015, 11:46:17 AM

Something like.....

Or following the fantastic success of Armagh in 2002, after years of underachieveing under the previous management and captaincy of Jarlath Burns, copying the model the JK developed with his all conquering Cross team of the late 90's early 00's (which was helped greatly by the fantastic imput and guidance from Martin McHugh among others), do the panel think that the high standards of refereeing have fallen due to the pressure put on them with the development of the Tyrone tactics of all out cynical, tactical defending, which Donegal has taken to an even higher level

Good question though,  I hope you're free on the 16th May to head out to the one out the road!!!

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 30, 2015, 11:50:52 AM

Something like.....

Good question though,  I hope you're free on the 16th May to head out to the one out the road!!!

You'd have to repeat the question to them 3 or 4 times I'd reckon.

Very disappointed that your name hasn't been added to the poster for it......yet!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on April 30, 2015, 12:23:41 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 30, 2015, 11:50:52 AM

Something like.....

You'd have to repeat the question to them 3 or 4 times I'd reckon.

Very disappointed that your name hasn't been added to the poster for it......yet!

My name won't be appearing on it either!!!

Bingo

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You and Marty on the stage together......what could possibly go wrong  ;)

Boycey

Quote from: Bingo on April 30, 2015, 12:50:53 PM

I've been wondering do they actually want people to go to it. Nudie and Frank Brady  :o :o

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on April 30, 2015, 01:20:56 PM
Quote from: Bingo on April 30, 2015, 12:50:53 PM

I've been wondering do they actually want people to go to it. Nudie and Frank Brady  :o :o

I think they on silent mics with headphones one. They'll chat and listen to each other while everyone else gets on with it.

BennyHarp

Something like.....

Or following the fantastic success of Armagh in 2002, after years of underachieveing under the previous management and captaincy of Jarlath Burns, copying the model the JK developed with his all conquering Cross team of the late 90's early 00's (which was helped greatly by the fantastic imput and guidance from Martin McHugh among others), do the panel think that the high standards of refereeing have fallen due to the pressure put on them with the development of the Tyrone tactics of all out cynical, tactical defending, which Donegal has taken to an even higher level :P

I think Peter would probably just answer "no".
That was never a square ball!!

Hardy

Where's Marty Morrissey? I wouldn't go to one of those unless Marty was going to be there.

rrhf

Went to one of these where a member of the audience asked a question which took 5 min to ask and was directed at one of the panel but at the end he only asked Maurice for a yes or no answer. Ye had to be there.

larryin89

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 30, 2015, 10:04:43 AM
I'm going to a pre Championship discussion night next Wednesday night, the panel is Martin McHugh, Peter Canavan, Pat McEnaney, John McEntee and Jarlath Burns. What questions should I ask or what questions would you like to ask the panel?

Could you just ask that very outspoken man why he didn't give his opinion on the most controversial refereeing performance of last year?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .