Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Boycey on December 13, 2018, 10:31:18 PM
Evans, O Shea and Keane are pretty much in the same category as Smalling and Jones, good decent pros but a level below the best.

I'm pretty sure if you go back in this thread Evans and OShea would have got plenty of stick for not being good enough either
To a degree, yes. But they were better infused with the winning mentality from the Ferguson era, knew the standards expected and did their utmost to meet those standards.
In a lot of cases, players were jettisoned and replaced with a player with equal or lesser ability, so there was nothing particularly gained, but something gets lost along the way.
Other examples like Rafael, Fletcher were let go for cut price fees and replaced with players like Darmian and Schneiderlin. Eventually you rinse out the legacy from the glory days.

trailer

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on December 13, 2018, 11:11:29 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 13, 2018, 10:31:18 PM
Evans, O Shea and Keane are pretty much in the same category as Smalling and Jones, good decent pros but a level below the best.

I'm pretty sure if you go back in this thread Evans and OShea would have got plenty of stick for not being good enough either
To a degree, yes. But they were better infused with the winning mentality from the Ferguson era, knew the standards expected and did their utmost to meet those standards.
In a lot of cases, players were jettisoned and replaced with a player with equal or lesser ability, so there was nothing particularly gained, but something gets lost along the way.
Other examples like Rafael, Fletcher were let go for cut price fees and replaced with players like Darmian and Schneiderlin. Eventually you rinse out the legacy from the glory days.

Evans was linked with Man City as was Keane. This is the Utd of now. Give really top quality players away and sign absolute dross. Hernandez leading the line for the Hammers and we have 50p feet Lukaku. Worse than Smalling & Jones is Rojo, the man can't even make toast FFS.

Boycey

The state of lingard and pogba in those clips ffs

screenexile

Excellent news for all ABU's that Smalling has signed until 2022 . . . The circus knows how to keep us entertained!! 😂😂

BennyCake

Quote from: screenexile on December 16, 2018, 02:14:45 AM
Excellent news for all ABU's that Smalling has signed until 2022 . . . The circus knows how to keep us entertained!! 😂😂

Oh Christ!

stiffler

Utd at 6/1 today definitely look over priced.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Dire Ear

14-1 MU to win 1-0  :o :o  Betfair

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stiffler on December 16, 2018, 10:01:26 AM

Over priced and Liverpool in the league haven't done well but Klopp has built this game up, its going to be fierce early on! I miss Keane  >:(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 16, 2018, 12:04:42 PM
Quote from: stiffler on December 16, 2018, 10:01:26 AM

Over priced and Liverpool in the league haven't done well but Klopp has built this game up, its going to be fierce early on! I miss Keane  >:(

I hope Herrara plays. He is the only one that shows a bit of aggression and passion these days.

snoopdog

Utd will get a hiding today i think. Im sure all the scouse dross who are more interested in this chat than their own will be on for weeks .

J70

Quote from: snoopdog on December 16, 2018, 01:48:52 PM
Utd will get a hiding today i think. Im sure all the scouse dross who are more interested in this chat than their own will be on for weeks .

There is zero basis to predict a hiding for United.

Mourinho is more than comfortable parking his team on the edge of their own box and just sitting there closing space and heading away crosses. Even at Old Trafford last spring, United hardly gave Liverpool a sniff after the Bailly o.g., despite being completely pinned back for the last half hour. And there will be no issues of complacency on the part of the United players. Even if they think Mourinho is a complete cnut, they'll still be up for this one.

I just hope Lovren and whoever starts for Liverpool at right back are a bit better prepared for the Lukaku flick-on to the left channel which Rashford so brilliantly exploited that day at Old Trafford.

This will finish a draw or a one goal win for either win.

Milltown Row2

The Liverpool thread must be under orders not to discuss the game until afters!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: J70 on December 16, 2018, 01:56:46 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on December 16, 2018, 01:48:52 PM

There is zero basis to predict a hiding for United.

Mourinho is more than comfortable parking his team on the edge of their own box and just sitting there closing space and heading away crosses. Even at Old Trafford last spring, United hardly gave Liverpool a sniff after the Bailly o.g., despite being completely pinned back for the last half hour. And there will be no issues of complacency on the part of the United players. Even if they think Mourinho is a complete cnut, they'll still be up for this one.

I just hope Lovren and whoever starts for Liverpool at right back are a bit better prepared for the Lukaku flick-on to the left channel which Rashford so brilliantly exploited that day at Old Trafford.

This will finish a draw or a one goal win for either win.

Have you watched United much this season? for those that haven't the best comparison is the season under Moyes when United last got a hiding off Liverpool.

Last season has little relevance now as United finished 2nd in the league and Liverpool 4th. They defended well all season a 2-1 home win v Liverpool was no surprise.

Milltown Row2

Dire stuff! Both teams would get dumped out of the next round of CL if they play like that

stiffler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 16, 2018, 04:49:12 PM
Dire stuff! Both teams would get dumped out of the next round of CL if they play like that

6/1 in With a chance ! Did you get on ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009