Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 25, 2018, 08:38:01 AM
Nice to see DDG getting deserved recognition in the Fifpro World XI.  No Liverpool or Ciddee players in it

That'll give you comfort over the long winter!

BennyCake

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 24, 2018, 09:16:50 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 24, 2018, 01:41:41 PM
The Sanchez transfer was probably Woodward showing City who were the big dogs in the transfer market.
He hasn't fitted in hugely well, so you'd wonder who wanted him the most.
The jersey thing is probably not that relevant. If kids didn't have Sanchez, they'd just pick another player instead to go on the back of their jersey.

Do you not think there was an element of Jose sticking two fingers up to Pep in it also? Whoever is responsible - it has been a catastrophic signing.

Funny I remember saying at the time that Sanchez could prove to be a disappointing signing, and I was ridiculed for it  :o

Boycey

Quote from: BennyCake on September 25, 2018, 10:18:32 AM
The Sanchez transfer was probably Woodward showing City who were the big dogs in the transfer market.
The jersey thing is probably not that relevant. If kids didn't have Sanchez, they'd just pick another player instead to go on the back of their jersey.

Do you not think there was an element of Jose sticking two fingers up to Pep in it also? Whoever is responsible - it has been a catastrophic signing.

Funny I remember saying at the time that Sanchez could prove to be a disappointing signing, and I was ridiculed for it  :o

People probably remembered your thoughts on De Gea  :)

maldini

Nice to see DDG getting deserved recognition in the Fifpro World XI.  No Liverpool or Ciddee players in it

Brilliant, what time's the parade?

Bord na Mona man

Who knows? It looks like Woodward gets the final say in transfers and wants to deliver glamorous signings.
The generous wages and the signing on fees are all negotiated by the boardroom bagmen.

oakleaflad

Any signing could end up being disappointing. Given Sanchez's record up until then though, you can see why people thought he would be successful.

NAG1

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 25, 2018, 12:12:28 PM

Any signing could end up being disappointing. Given Sanchez's record up until then though, you can see why people thought he would be successful.

Exactly and at the time he looked like a good fit, just one of those things, who knows if he is still around when another manager comes in he might be rejuvenated.

To be fair though any Arsenal fans I speak too are not surprised by his form.

BennyCake

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 25, 2018, 12:12:28 PM

Yes but that doesn't always guarantee they'll be a success at their new club. Look at Torres, Shevchenko, etc.

Cunny Funt

A bit odd that the champions league finalist or record breaking Premier league winners didn't get at least one player on the team of the year. Modric winning both FIFA and UEFA player of the year is a change from Messi and Ronaldo and interesting the latter didn't turn up for the two award shows.

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on September 25, 2018, 11:04:10 AM

People probably remembered your thoughts on De Gea  :)

That's nothing to do with Sanchez though. By the way, my thoughts on De Gea are the same ;)

Geoff Tipps

Mourinho has allegedly told the United players that Pogba will not captain United again.
Who'll be first out the door??

Boycey

Nothing alleged about it, funny when I read the comments the other day I thought to myself Fergie would have had his arse out the door that quick he wouldn't know what hit him. Maybe different now, but if players are running the show the world's fucked..

screenexile

Are United the new Liverpool??

Fantastic to see!!!

gawa316

He'll be out the door in jan

Cunny Funt

2012 when Pogba left Man United Alex Ferguson had this to say.

"It is disappointing. I don't think he showed us any respect at all, to be honest. I'm quite happy that if they [footballers] carry on that way, they're probably better doing it away from us."

Pogba is 6 years older now and still none the wiser and still poorly influenced by his agent. Mourinho only has himself to blame for making a player like that captain in the first place.