trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 09, 2018, 03:59:05 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on April 09, 2018, 02:07:29 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 09, 2018, 02:03:43 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 09, 2018, 02:01:42 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 09, 2018, 01:39:34 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 09, 2018, 01:35:18 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 09, 2018, 01:30:58 PM
Darren McCurry with 0-08 for Edendork. Showing what he is capable of with some freedom.

Maybe Harte should write to the top counties and ask them if they could give him a bit more space like at club level.

or maybe Harte could give his players some freedom to play... as Sean Cavanagh said about last year they were "slaves to a system." We'll see how it develops this summer when they meet the big guns

I'm sure Gavin tell's the Dublin lads go out and have a bit of craic and do as you please. This system stuff and lack of freedom is an easy excuse. A lack of freedom doesn't make you miss important free kicks for example.

some difference the system Tyrone could play 2003 - 2010 and last few years and Im guessing Sean would know

The next time Tyrone are playing Clonoe we should give Darren a shout... Notice he kicked a last minute free to win it yesterday as well, pity he couldn't do the same for Tyrone over the last few years

Should be noted in context, Connor McAliskey missed a last kick free to draw it.

Can we blame Harte for him missing this free?

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 09, 2018, 02:42:55 PM
Did Lee Brennan do much scoring over the first two games? I see Bradley scored 0-02 on Sunday.
nearly

Brennan scored 6 the first day out and not sure what he scored on Sunday, considering Trillick scored around 2-20 id say he was to the fore of most of it!
Does anyone know? Surely he's on his way set a record as the all time highest scorer in Tyrone league football if he continues his scoring featsl!! I doubt there's accurate records of this from years and years ago but it would be an interesting stat, I'd love to know what Peter the Great scored in total!!

ThreeStones

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on April 10, 2018, 08:38:14 AM
Did Lee Brennan do much scoring over the first two games? I see Bradley scored 0-02 on Sunday.
nearly

Brennan scored 6 the first day out and not sure what he scored on Sunday, considering Trillick scored around 2-20 id say he was to the fore of most of it!
Does anyone know? Surely he's on his way set a record as the all time highest scorer in Tyrone league football if he continues his scoring featsl!! I doubt there's accurate records of this from years and years ago but it would be an interesting stat, I'd love to know what Peter the Great scored in total!!

Think Lee scored 1:10 on Sunday

longballin

Quote from: ThreeStones on April 10, 2018, 09:13:09 AM
nearly

Aye and I seen Mr Harte there... shoe-in

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: longballin on April 10, 2018, 10:22:06 AM
nearly

Good to see Harte there and getting out and watching his players on show, is this something he usually does because normally i thought he would only ever go to Errigal games or Championship matches!
I think all County managers should do this, sort of like in soccer you see the national managers going to premiership matches to run their eyes over there players!
As regards to Sunday trillick had the 2 Brennans and 2 Donnellys playing, would he have been there to look at others players, I know Galbally have had a lot over underage success recently, would he have been casting an eye on any of there young stars like Liam Rafferty just to name one with a lot of potential and played County U21 last season

The Golden Years

nearly

I think all of these where from frees if my memory serves me correct.  He was well shackled during open play although Trillick where very impressive.  IMO an i know its early days, the team that beats trillick in the championship will win it.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on April 09, 2018, 04:52:22 PM
Darren McCurry with 0-08 for Edendork. Showing what he is capable of with some freedom.

Maybe Harte should write to the top counties and ask them if they could give him a bit more space like at club level.

or maybe Harte could give his players some freedom to play... as Sean Cavanagh said about last year they were "slaves to a system." We'll see how it develops this summer when they meet the big guns

I'm sure Gavin tell's the Dublin lads go out and have a bit of craic and do as you please. This system stuff and lack of freedom is an easy excuse. A lack of freedom doesn't make you miss important free kicks for example.

some difference the system Tyrone could play 2003 - 2010 and last few years and Im guessing Sean would know

The next time Tyrone are playing Clonoe we should give Darren a shout... Notice he kicked a last minute free to win it yesterday as well, pity he couldn't do the same for Tyrone over the last few years

Should be noted in context, Connor McAliskey missed a last kick free to draw it.

Sure what do I care about what Mickey Harte thinks?

I'm just saying if men are going to slate a lad for scoring a winning free as an ex Tyrone player for what they perceive as not stepping up when it counts, they should maybe worry more about a current Tyrone player missing frees under the same circumstances in the same game.

Or is that maybe too logical?

WT4E

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on April 10, 2018, 10:51:33 AM
Quote from: longballin on April 10, 2018, 10:22:06 AM
nearly

Good to see Harte there and getting out and watching his players on show, is this something he usually does because normally i thought he would only ever go to Errigal games or Championship matches!
I think all County managers should do this, sort of like in soccer you see the national managers going to premiership matches to run their eyes over there players!
As regards to Sunday trillick had the 2 Brennans and 2 Donnellys playing, would he have been there to look at others players, I know Galbally have had a lot over underage success recently, would he have been casting an eye on any of there young stars like Liam Rafferty just to name one with a lot of potential and played County U21 last season

Can't be sure but with Errigal in action on Friday and not Sunday that could be an indication.

Thebigdog

Another ignorant comment.. Let's face it Harte failed with McCurry just like he failed a string of other players. Including Coney. Lee Brennan should be glad Harte has been forced to change the system this year. Probably the only players Mickey has turned from been average to superstars is Mark Harte Davy Harte and Peter Harte.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Thebigdog on April 11, 2018, 02:17:43 AM

Another ignorant comment.. Let's face it Harte failed with McCurry just like he failed a string of other players. Including Coney. Lee Brennan should be glad Harte has been forced to change the system this year. Probably the only players Mickey has turned from been average to superstars is Mark Harte Davy Harte and Peter Harte.

Peter Harte average?? He was one of the best minors in the country and then went on to become one of the best seniors in the country.
On Mark he was a stand out player for Errigal winning Tyrone and Ulsters so deservedly played for Tyrone and to be fair done a job when playing as he was mainly in as a free taker and never missed a free when selected, and on Davey he was one of the best half back in Ireland at one stage!
I think our current Captain Mattie turned from average to a superstar under Harte?
Weather some people like it or not, Harte has been the greatest manager this county has ever had!!

RedHand88

This is absolute nonsense even for this board. He took a core team through minors, u-21 and senior winning every accolade along the way. The amount of players he made into superstars is endless.

longballin

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 11, 2018, 10:09:02 AM

This is absolute nonsense even for this board. He took a core team through minors, u-21 and senior winning every accolade along the way. The amount of players he made into superstars is endless.

Those lads were superstars in the making whoever had them -

RedHand88

Quote from: longballin on April 11, 2018, 10:15:36 AM

So when his players play well its because they were good anyway but when they fail its Hartes fault? Away and listen to yourself. Ive work to do. Slán.

longballin

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 11, 2018, 10:21:52 AM
Quote from: longballin on April 11, 2018, 10:15:36 AM

So when his players play well its because they were good anyway but when they fail its Hartes fault? Away and listen to yourself. Ive work to do. Slán.

I'm not deluded enough to think this group of players is as good at ten years ago but when they play as they did against Dublin last year yes I blame the manager. "We were slaves to a system" said Sean Cavanagh. Slan yerself : )

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 10, 2018, 01:12:37 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 09, 2018, 04:52:22 PM

Sure what do I care about what Mickey Harte thinks?

I'm just saying if men are going to slate a lad for scoring a winning free as an ex Tyrone player for what they perceive as not stepping up when it counts, they should maybe worry more about a current Tyrone player missing frees under the same circumstances in the same game.

Or is that maybe too logical?

You need to turn on your sense of humour.