Armagh v Fermanagh - Sunday 25th June at 6:30pm

Started by Orior, June 09, 2017, 09:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan Tremblay

Here we go again, KMG future surely hangs on this game.

Glad to see Campbell start on the bench, although he's a great player, you want to be playing players on form and he is suffering a lack of it this past few months. 
Good to see Grimley in the middle, think he has a big future ahead of him.  I wouldn't be concerned about Sheilds doing half forward, I can only assume he will have a roaming role or is in there to track someone specific.

My only hope for this match is that if things aren't happening for players or the tactics aren't working, be proactive and get them changed sooner. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

mackers

Lessons have to be learnt from the last day.  Fermanagh will set up with 13 men behind the ball.  Players (primarily Jamie) can't be doing their own thing.  We have struggled with the blanket defence for years now.  Sunday has to see an improvement on that score.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Smurfy123

I see McKeever talking about how good of a team Armagh are and they are a click away from really giving some team a hiding
Am I missing something here?
That comes of the back of Forker saying they were a sleeping giant
Fermanagh will be loving this

armaghniac

Quote from: mackers on June 23, 2017, 10:43:35 AM
Lessons have to be learnt from the last day.  Fermanagh will set up with 13 men behind the ball.  Players (primarily Jamie) can't be doing their own thing.  We have struggled with the blanket defence for years now.  Sunday has to see an improvement on that score.

When Jamie has been playing for Cross there have been games where he has been bottled up, yet has delivered layoffs to other players who then took the scores. In Armagh games he doesn't alway have people making themselves available for the pass.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lurganblue

The look of that team hardly inspires much confidence unfortunately.

FermGael

Quote from: mackers on June 23, 2017, 10:43:35 AM

Rubbish we will be playing blanket attack.
Sure according to your lads in the papers Armagh are a sleeping giant and will reawaken on Sunday. 
"Plucky wee" Fermanagh will not have a chance.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

yellowcard

Looking at that Armagh team would not inspire you with much confidence, real lack of leadership in it. I think we can just sneak past Fermanagh as I don't think they are having a great season either though I wouldn't be overly confident.

BennyCake

Quote from: yellowcard on June 23, 2017, 02:23:08 PM
Looking at that Armagh team would not inspire you with much confidence, real lack of leadership in it. I think we can just sneak past Fermanagh as I don't think they are having a great season either though I wouldn't be overly confident.

Sums up my thinking too, that does.

Ethan Tremblay

Who would be the leaders on the team that aren't in the first fifteen?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

LCohen

That team won't start.

If it does it means mcgeeney believes either
a) Fermanagh will not play the blanket or
b) those players will score over the blanket better than O'Neill, Campbell or Rafferty or
c) the tactic of the last day of trying to work through the blanket is a winner

There is still hope

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

FermGael

Fermanagh have one change. We have changed keepers.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Dire Ear

Over the Bar

Odds on Armagh players will rough up the band before a ball is kicked to try to set the tone.... The poor chile selected as Fermanagh mascot no doubt will wear a helmet expecting to get pole-axed by the Armagh water carrier.  #McGeeneyWay

bennydorano