Armagh v Fermanagh - Sunday 25th June at 6:30pm

Started by Orior, June 09, 2017, 09:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULD123

Quote from: illdecide on June 19, 2017, 12:43:08 PM
Jasus it's wild quiet on this thread for the match...Anyone in the know how Armagh are going injury wise or suspensions? Dunno hoe bookies can have Armagh at 2/5...WTF have they been watching recently

You think this thread is quiet. Down play Monaghan on Saturday in an Ulster semi-final and there are only six comments on that thread.

As for this game - Armagh have some quick skillful forwards. Certainly enough to build a decent Division 2 side around. Whether they function together or not is a matter from managers but the ability is good enough. The big question is about shooting. Tyrone scored some great distance points at the weekend. Not very difficult chances but still from distance with a defender off the shoulder. Most county forwards should be able to take these chances consistently but many don't. Is it just psychology and worrying about missing, so just a lack of confidence? The general feeling from Armagh fans after the Down game was that their biggest disappointment was their forwards not shooting when they had half decent chances. In fairness that is probably a good assessment, but also a good assessment of most county sides in the country bar the top 4-5.

bennydorano

Hopefully with that bit of Ulster Championship pressure gone we can play with a bit more freedom. There's normally a bit of a selection shake up from USFC to Qualifiers so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few changes, Forker and Campbell could (or should) be dropped for this one imo.

Orior

Maybe Pete will have the Armagh job before he leaves the Athletic Grounds!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

As i have already stated you will know on Sunday evening if the players are behind KMcG or not by the result, if they come out like men possessed and beat Fermanagh then it'll be clear where their loyalties lie. A limp performance and you'll guess the players are not playing for the manager.

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyCake

Quote from: illdecide on June 20, 2017, 02:23:21 PM
As i have already stated you will know on Sunday evening if the players are behind KMcG or not by the result, if they come out like men possessed and beat Fermanagh then it'll be clear where their loyalties lie. A limp performance and you'll guess the players are not playing for the manager.

Or just not good enough.

illdecide

Quote from: BennyCake on June 20, 2017, 02:29:41 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 20, 2017, 02:23:21 PM

Or just not good enough.

And that too :D

FermGael

Looks like Ruairi Corrigan is fit again after nearly a year out.

That's a big plus for us
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Orior

Quote from: FermGael on June 22, 2017, 10:39:50 AM
Looks like Ruairi Corrigan is fit again after nearly a year out.

That's a big plus for us

Heck no. Keep him fit for the next round.

Owen Brannigan

Starting 15 for Ard Mhacha
All Ireland Qualifiers- Round 1
Against Fermanagh
Date Sunday 25th June, 2017 at 6.30pm in Armagh

1    Blaine Hughes      Carraig an Chrupain
2   James Morgan      Raonaithe na Croise
3   Charlie Vernon      Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha
4   Aaron Mc Kay   Dromainn Ti
5   Aidan Forker      An Machaire
6   Brendan Donaghy   Cluain Mhor
7   Paul Hughes      Raonaithe na Croise
8   Stephen Sheridan   Foirceal
9   Niall Grimley      Na Madáin
10   Mark Shields      An Chrois Bhan
11   Anthony Duffy      Na Piarsaigh Óga
12   Rory Grugan ( C )   Baile Mhic an Aba
13   Jamie Clarke      Raonaithe na Croise
14   Andrew Murnin      Naomh Pol
15   Gavin McParland   Baile Mhic an Aba

Aaron Boone

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 22, 2017, 10:07:22 PM
6.30 Sunday....why the unusual time?

The Feile thing is on across Cavan, Fermanagh and Monaghan this weekend.  Later time to allow those involved to see the game.

armaghniac

Quote from: Ball Hopper on June 22, 2017, 10:21:36 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 22, 2017, 10:07:22 PM
6.30 Sunday....why the unusual time?

The Feile thing is on across Cavan, Fermanagh and Monaghan this weekend.  Later time to allow those involved to see the game.

Well at least there will be some other teams eliminated before us.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Hmmm. I assume Stefan Campbell must not allowed to play again when the ground is firm.

illdecide

Quote from: Orior on June 22, 2017, 11:52:01 PM
Hmmm. I assume Stefan Campbell must not allowed to play again when the ground is firm.

What? He has been struggling all year with we niggles and lower back injuries, he's clearly not as fit as last year and for that reason his form has dipped hence why KMcG has dropped him. I would have thought a fit Stefan would love the firm ground and i'll assume if he's fit it would be one hell of a sub to bring into the game.

bennydorano

Hope Shields at 10 is a red herring, converting a fantastic HB into a fantastic HF rarely works.